Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

“The Book People” Clearance sale plus extra 35% off code

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

I have an order from February 16 which is due for delivery on Monday next the 23rd. This was an order before the clearance sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

Guys there's a fexking worldwide pandemic going on. They might have staffing issues or trouble logistically as a result.

Give them a break ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Motherof123

Pique wrote: »
    Guys there's a fexking worldwide pandemic going on. They might have staffing issues or trouble logistically as a result.

Give them a break ffs.

Well aware of that cheers no need for the ffs

Well aware of that cheers no need for the ffs

Yet you emailed them about it...

Yet you emailed them about it...

No need to be so rude tho seriously there is no need for the attack people in general were enquiring about the orders which were made long before it escalated! I have ordered books from other places which did arrive.
    So we are entitled to ask questions and follow up with emails so there's no need for the Criticism.
    We're all very aware of what's going on thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Back off and mind your own business seriously

You can’t post your ‘business’ on a public forum and then tell people to mind their own business

For your own sake, don’t worry about book deliveries. Just accept you’ll get them eventually

Dodge wrote: »
    You can’t post your ‘business’ on a public forum and then tell people to mind their own business

For your own sake, don’t worry about book deliveries. Just accept you’ll get them eventually

Ya dodge i "get it"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭MacDanger

I ordered on 04th March and received them in two deliveries on 10th March via PM

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Their website now says all orders delivered within 7 weeks

LizT wrote: »
    Their website now says all orders delivered within 7 weeks

Yeah I noticed that also.
    When I did my order it said 4 weeks I guess they couldn't handle the amount of orders so it's changed to 7 weeks.
    The website has now changed to closing down sale.
    Begining of March it was clearance sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Yeah I noticed that also.
    When I did my order it said 4 weeks I guess they couldn't handle the amount of orders so it's changed to 7 weeks.
    The website has now changed to closing down sale.
    Begining of March it was clearance sale.

Administrators have confirmed that they have not found a buyer and that they are now closing it.
    They also let half of the warehouse staff go and instead of two shifts, it works on a single shift, Monday to Friday

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Darc19 wrote: »
    Administrators have confirmed that they have not found a buyer and that they are now closing it.
    They also let half of the warehouse staff go and instead of two shifts, it works on a single shift, Monday to Friday

Thanks, is there a link to a news article about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Anyone got their books?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

devil-80 wrote: »
    Anyone got their books?

Nada good i paid with paypal. Looks like nothing will arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ethical

Nothing happening on my order of 6th March.................but my order of 26th March is partly on its way according to their email of yesterday.
    I then emailed yesterday asking them what is happening with the earlier order.I paid with PAYPAL. So would imagine its just this Pandemic that is causing massive delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,637 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

in2dark wrote: »
    Looks like nothing will arrive

I think that's jumping the gun, it said estimated 4 weeks delivery and its been exactly 4 weeks since this thread started. The website now says 7 weeks delivery so they're obviously running behind. I'm still confident my order will arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Nothing like some old fashioned patience for a long and stress free life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

When it arrives it will be lovely surprise, when we are all fed up from staying at home. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks, is there a link to a news article about that?

A simple Google News search will give you countless articles

Here's one https://www.business-live.co.uk/retail-consumer/book-people-close-easter-no-17691811

They have now stopped taking orders and just fulfilling those that are on their system

https://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/

Remember, you bought off administrator's, there is no risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DrFunkatron

Tried to login there but I'm getting an error saying my details are incorrect. Not great hopefully order details haven't disappeared! Edit: They updated their page.
    TBP wrote:
    Our priority is to fulfil all existing orders whilst ensuring the health and wellbeing of our colleagues and customers alike.

Please be assured that our warehouse team is working hard to ship all existing orders as quickly and safely as possible. Orders may take up to 7 weeks to be delivered.

Unfortunately you can no longer log into your account, but please do not worry. This does not mean your order is not being processed. You will receive a tracking email as soon as your order has been dispatched.

You are still able to contact Customer Services by email at contact_centre@thebookpeople.co.uk or call 0345 602 3030 (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm) for any questions you may have.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

The Book People

• Registered Users Posts: 25 veray

Ordered 28th Feb, package now with Currier for the last 2 days. Waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I ordered 2nd March and it was shipped yesterday for anyone still waiting!

Getting close then. I ordered on the 3rd and the 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

Getting close then. I ordered on the 3rd and the 6th.

Let us know pls if you get any update.

I ordered on the 4th and will also update.
    Do they fulfill the order in the whole for those who got them shipped?

in2dark wrote: »
    Let us know pls if you get any update.

I ordered on the 4th and will also update.
    Do they fulfill the order in the whole for those who got them shipped?

Well I was given two Hermes tracking numbers so guessing my order was split in two. There was a few box sets etc so might have been too big for one box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

sillysocks wrote: »
    I ordered 2nd March and it was shipped yesterday for anyone still waiting!

Were you notified by email about the dispatch?

Odered the 3rd so hoping to have an update soon. A few Easter gifts!!

Sup08 wrote: »
    Were you notified by email about the dispatch?

Odered the 3rd so hoping to have an update soon. A few Easter gifts!!

Yep an email that they were dispatched and then one from the courier to say they had them.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Ive got email with order confirmation 5th March so hoply that will be dispatch soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Website essentially closed down, you can no longer check orders.

http://thebookpeople.co.uk

Had a discussion with them via twitter direct message - that's gone now as they have deleted their social media accounts.

Advertisement