Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Months free Amazon Prime for Irish Students

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Works with dcu account. Great find OP

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

Works with dcu account. Great find OP

Yeah it works the first time but we are on about using it more than once.

Is that what you are saying is working?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

rom wrote: »
    Basically you can create your own custom alias for each site.

first.second+facebook@mycit.ie
    first.second+netflix@mycit.ie

etc

gmail will ignor the + and whatever is after it but still deliver it to you with that as the to address. Handy if you want to make custom rules.

Now you may ask why is this important. It basically means you can use a single student account to sign up as many people to amazon prime 6 months trial.

I would be very surprised if that works. Most sites would recognise it as the same email address even with the + part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

VG31 wrote: »
    I would be very surprised if that works. Most sites would recognise it as the same email address even with the + part.

I couldn't understand what he meant by that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Tried above with my ucc mail and didn’t work , says already registered..
    So not sure that it works...

UCC email is office 365 hosted. This only works with gmail hosted student mail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

rom wrote: »
    So many colleges and universities in Ireland use gmail.

For example cit is first.second@mycit.ie or 012334543@mycit.ie

You could use both of these to sign up to Amazon prime free for 6 months deal and 1/2 price for 4 years.

Also gmail or any of these college mail systems has a cool trick that I use.

Basically you can create your own custom alias for each site.

first.second+facebook@mycit.ie
    first.second+netflix@mycit.ie

etc

gmail will ignor the + and whatever is after it but still deliver it to you with that as the to address. Handy if you want to make custom rules.

Now you may ask why is this important. It basically means you can use a single student account to sign up as many people to amazon prime 6 months trial.

So someone here could say anyone want a code and give them their student email address

first.second+1@mycit.ie
    first.second+2@mycit.ie

So all non students can avail of the offer. I am not going to do this as I am too lazy and have a job but you could probably make a bit of money off it if you wanted to.

If anybody with a mycit.ie email wants to try this out, i'd like to sign up, just to see if it works (cough cough)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

omega42 wrote: »
    If anybody with a mycit.ie email wants to try this out, i'd like to sign up, just to see if it works (cough cough)

Cough cough cough cough

Ditto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

It doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭ando

Cough cough!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 herself_there

Anyone have any joy with a @ucdconnect.ie account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 PurpleBoxHero

Anyone have any joy with a @ucdconnect.ie account?

As I no longer have access to my @ucdconnect.ie account I used another gmail email address and went the route of sending a photo of my (expired) student account. Literally approved in under 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 herself_there

As I no longer have access to my @ucdconnect.ie account I used another gmail email address and went the route of sending a photo of my (expired) student account. Literally approved in under 5 minutes.

Snap.
    Except my expired card was rejected :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭patrickc

cheers OP just signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

My wife attends tudublin, tried with her account and didnt work. , its an office365 @tudublin.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

Burgo wrote: »
    My wife attends tudublin, tried with her account and didnt work. , its an office365 @tudublin.ie.

if they're a current student they could send a scan of the student id. my @ucdconnect.ie was rejected but my wifes @tcd.ie was accepted automatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

Really enjoying prime video except for foreign parts of an English language show.
    There are no forced subtitles, only an option for full subtitles, anyone know how to solve this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Italix wrote: »
    Really enjoying prime video except for foreign parts of an English language show.
    There are no forced subtitles, only an option for full subtitles, anyone know how to solve this issue.

I've had this issue since day 1. It seems to depend on device, sometimes they'll work on PlayStation but not on phone. Or they'll work on laptop. And most annoyingly, sometimes they work on phone but not when you cast. Very irritating when I watched Jack Ryan recently..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

dulpit wrote: »
    I've had this issue since day 1. It seems to depend on device, sometimes they'll work on PlayStation but not on phone. Or they'll work on laptop. And most annoyingly, sometimes they work on phone but not when you cast. Very irritating when I watched Jack Ryan recently..

Mine work fine on the LG TV. Jack Ryan too funny enough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Thank you very much, MoMo!

Signed up with my ITT student card and a normal email (emailed them a scan of the card and explained that ITT did not use to give students an edu address).

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

Super easy to sign up thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭AH92

Can you sign up with a current Amazon account or do we need to make another one? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

AH92 wrote: »
    Can you sign up with a current Amazon account or do we need to make another one? Thanks.

You can use your current

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Signed up there pretty easy with an old uni email address. Didnt have a .edu in it but they accepted it anyway. Great deal to be free on Prime for 6 months and then half price till 2024. Thanks again OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Cameraman

Italix wrote: »

Very weirdly, I've found that if I turn on full English subtitles and then turn them off, it usually starts working properly. No idea why ???

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

Anyone know of any free e-courses or e-colleges to sign up to to avail of this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Morby wrote: »
    Anyone know of any free e-courses or e-colleges to sign up to to avail of this offer?

You don't need to actually sign up to anything to get a uk totem card. Just select avado home learning they don't check.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

You don't need to actually sign up to anything to get a uk totem card. Just select avado home learning they don't check.

Thanks for this

I have found the site to register for a uk totem card.

Where do i select avado?

Would appreciate if you could clarify and also do you recommend using existing amazon account or creating a new one

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Thanks for this

Where do i select avado?

Would appreciate if you could clarify and also do you recommend using existing amazon account or creating a new one

Thank you
    You can use existing account, I can't answer your other query as I don't remember what I filled up, I did upload a copy of student acceptance to a course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Thanks for this

Where do i select avado?

Thank you
    I just used my existing account. Doubt they're too bothered and even if they clamp down I'd say they'll just cancel the student membership stuff on you. They still want your money.

Thanks OP! Will be useful. Gonna still try and buy from Irish companies as much as possible though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Thanks for this

Where do i select avado?

Thank you

For me i selected Other as an option twice which got me to the Where Do you study page. This gave me the option to Select Avado Home Learning but when i clicked Verify my Student Status i hit a brick wall saying there is no way to verify using this method of study.

Advertisement