Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin 5 euro a month Mobile offer is back

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Ring them and if you can't get the offer, tell them you will cancel.
    They should give it to you then, if they don't, leave and rejoin again in a months time as it's a 30 day contract.
    €5 a month totally unlimited for 6 months is great value.

The verification text problem seems to be random, I couldn't get them but one of my friends could.

Eventually got through to their cancellations today after three hours of waiting and a few dropped calls.

Lady I was dealing with insisted the offer is not available to existing customers and that I was mistaken when I told her others were availing of it. I was offered the €15 for six months but declined it.

To be honest I'm tempted to just cancel and go with 48 to save me the rigmarole of waiting hours to get through again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Eventually got through to their cancellations today after three hours of waiting and a few dropped calls.

Lady I was dealing with insisted the offer is not available to existing customers and that I was mistaken when I told her others were availing of it. I was offered the €15 for six months but declined it.

To be honest I'm tempted to just cancel and go with 48 to save me the rigmarole of waiting hours to get through again.

I would have told to read boards.ie! ;).
    It's probably who you get on the phone but I'd be surprised if they would want people cancelling and moving.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I would have told to read boards.ie! ;).
    It's probably who you get on the phone but I'd be surprised if they would want people cancelling and moving.

Ah I'm well used to doing the runaround with cancellations for loyalty offers, at it for years now with my TV / broadband account.

The manner in which representatives can be misleading with customers is breathtaking. As you say, depends on the person you get and their mood. I'll try again but to be honest I'm not sure if I'm all that bothered considering 48's offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

I had the same experience, contacted their chat line, asked if any deals going, was told 'we cannot offer what we don't have' . Like yourself I will be off to 48 shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

I got sms that I used 90% of my data. What happens if I exceed my data limit 80gb?

• Advertisement

yes after 80gb, speed is very very slow (0.08 mbs). I will cancel this. do you know how can I cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭corks finest

Had this before. Couldn't never get data anywhere in Dublin. Whether in the city centre or the airport.
    Gave up and went back to eircom.

Feck that so I’m staying with VF

Feck that so I’m staying with VF
    What speed you get on vodafone? I started to use vodafone x today, and speed is 10mbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

bondja80 wrote: »
    What speed you get on vodafone? I started to use vodafone x today, and speed is 10mbs.

Are u on the unlimited data which has max speed of 10?

TheDriver wrote: »
    Are u on the unlimited data which has max speed of 10?

Yes

• Advertisement

Now mostly 10 mb , occasionally up to 45 but mostly throttled back to 10/11

Yes

Used get 60 +

yes after 80gb, speed is very very slow (0.08 mbs). I will cancel this. do you know how can I cancel?

Just port your number over to another provider, it's a 30 day contract so most you'll pay is the €5 to change.

Just port your number over to another provider, it's a 30 day contract so most you'll pay is the €5 to change.

They will not ask to send sim card back? Or to pay the fine?

They will not ask to send sim card back? Or to pay the fine?

What fine?
    It's a 30 day contract at €5 a month so the max you will pay is €5 to cancel it.

What fine?
    It's a 30 day contract at €5 a month so the max you will pay is €5 to cancel it.

Ok thanks. Maybe I will try to order one more samsung a21s from vodafone. I don't know if I can port and order one more phone on same name?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Can this be marked as expired?

Offer is back on.

Virgin €5 a month for 6 months on a 30 day contract which gives you unlimited (usual t&c's) of 4G data, calls and texts.
    https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/

Add ons:
    €5 extra for 350 mins of UK calls a month.
    €5 extra for 350 international minutes a month to The USA, Canada and 44 EU and other European destinations

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

Offer is back on.

Virgin €5 a month for 6 months on a 30 day contract which gives you unlimited (usual t&c's) of 4G data, calls and texts.
    https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/

Add ons:
    €5 extra for 350 mins of UK calls a month.
    €5 extra for 350 international minutes a month to The USA, Canada and 44 EU and other European destinations

Considering this offer. Can it be cancelled after the initial 6 month period?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

mollymac57 wrote: »

My read of it is it is a 30 day contract. Cancel anytime. SO you aren't even committing to the full 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Does anyone know how they are for signal?

Considering switching

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

rapul wrote: »

Considering switching

They use Three's network

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

jdon72 wrote: »
    They use Three's network

Not worth it in urban areas IMO. The network is overloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭supernova5

anyone know what is the best number to call for a VM customer service regarding new sign ups ?

mollymac57 wrote: »

It's a 30 day contract so you cancel after every 30 days.
    If you go for the 6 months and decide to cancel, give them a call 1st and they should make you an offer to stay which may or may not suit..

rapul wrote: »

Considering switching

Signal in Dublin for me was as good as anybody else I had used before.
    I did have a problem receiving Bank verification texts and they couldn't fix it for me but did for others.
    As it's a 30 day contract, if you use it and don't like it, you can cancel quickly if need to.

supernova5 wrote: »
    anyone know what is the best number to call for a VM customer service regarding new sign ups ?

1908 or whatsapp them on 0896000016 and then option 4 when they send you the automated texts.
    Might be quicker online
    https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/sim-only/

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭supernova5

Thanks ok987

• Advertisement

With that price for 6 months, I got back onto them today to see if they had fixed the problem receiving the verification texts from Banks, Paypal they had last year.
    Not fixed yet according to the staff on Whatsapp but they were "looking into it".
    I contacted them about it 11 months ago and they are still looking into it. :eek:
    so I guess I won't be rejoining them anytime soon.

Advertisement