Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Buds for FREE when moving to Vodafone & TopUp 20 Euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Twitter !!
    via PM or tweet?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

Offer is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

I can confirm that Twitter is the way to go. I was just sent my code via a PM. I switch on the 15th/16th from 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

pandaa wrote: »
    Offer is gone

Yep, I was just going to state this. Link is now gone from the website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Received a code for Vodafone X online courses, i think it could be a scam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭CFC007

Got the code today at 2:42, keep on them on Twitter and live chat

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JamesRLS

CFC007 wrote: »
    Got the code today at 2:42, keep on them on Twitter and live chat

what did you ask support? and when did you ask

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭whizkid9

Good old lord --- Thanks for this miracle

Hi Sally,
    Thanks for flagging. I can see he requested to port on 9thOctober but his number didn’t activate on the network until 22nd. Due to this, as his network was 48/Tesco, the system thought he ported after 16thand he didn’t appear on our reports as 48/Tesco ports were excluded from 17th.
    I am pleased to be able to provide this customer with a code: **********
    Thanks,"

ordered the buds !! Thank all and good luck !

EDIT: Its a manual process where they get a report on wednesday so keep on it and they will include you !!

Oh 48 is excluded!! :eek: that wasn't mentioned in the website. they only mentioned lyca is excluded:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭CFC007

Just asked where my code was as per T&Cs was to arrive within 14 days. Today was day 15, received by text
    JamesRLS wrote: »
    what did you ask support? and when did you ask

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

whizkid9 wrote: »
    Oh 48 is excluded!! :eek: that wasn't mentioned in the website. they only mentioned lyca is excluded:mad:

They added 48 and Tesco around the 16/10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Wow...got email of order for the buds ! Never heard of that from vodafone when trying to order pixel 3A...and another wow.. got email that buds are dispatched ! Dont wake me up as i think i am still dreaming

Tips

1) Chase on twitter if you are genuinely eligible and waiting for code !
    2) Dont chase if you ordered port after 16th and used 48/tesco ! Chase if you got ported after 16th for both networks.
    3) Dont chase if you ordered/topped up after 23rd ! Chase if you ordered before that (you may get lucky)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

DopeTech wrote: »
    Nobody knows for certain.

and that includes most of the Vodafone staff! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

pandaa wrote: »
    Offer is gone

It did that last week too and then the link came back live again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Raoul

They keep fobbing me off on facebook messenger and twitter saying the dedicated team will get back to me in 24/48 hours. Last week they said I would definitely get it on the 28th. I will be raging if I don't get anything. I think I was the first one to post this the google pixel thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

Raoul wrote: »
    They keep fobbing me off on facebook messenger and twitter saying the dedicated team will get back to me in 24/48 hours. Last week they said I would definitely get it on the 28th. I will be raging if I don't get anything. I think I was the first one to post this the google pixel thread.

I was sent the code via Twitter PM so make sure you check.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭lordsheepface

If you didn't order online on or before 23 Oct you cannot avail of this offer so don't bother to topup.

Bombard on twitter saying what rubbish i need updates etc..

Bombard on twitter saying what rubbish i need updates etc..

Is that what you did? Haha. I have been on to them a few times.

They have awful customer service. Trying to get my mother signed up to their broadband too. They posted out the modem over a month ago and I have been on to them constantly to just activate it. Same story we'll get back to you in 48 hours. After a week they have told me to place the order again

Is that what you did? Haha. I have been on to them a few times.

They have awful customer service. Trying to get my mother signed up to their broadband too. They posted out the modem over a month ago and I have been on to them constantly to just activate it. Same story we'll get back to you in 48 hours. After a week they have told me to place the order againl

I'd say if you tell them you are going to cancel the order, they would be quick enough connecting it.

• Advertisement

A reminder for anyone who signed up for this offer, your card will be charged monthly unless you go into settings and remove the credit card details.

gerard2210 wrote: »
    A reminder for anyone who signed up for this offer, your card will be charged monthly unless you go into settings and remove the credit card details.

Sorry but where can i do that ? I did a topup one time so not sure how they can charge me again ?
    Have not setup automatic topup or any cards on account

Sorry but where can i do that ? I did a topup one time so not sure how they can charge me again ?
    Have not setup automatic topup or any cards on account
    I think when you signed up your details were set to automatic top up. (Mine were). Maybe I selected automatic top up when signing up, but better be safe than sorry.
    Download the app, go into "top up" and you can cancel the card there.

I think when you signed up your details were set to automatic top up. (Mine were). Maybe I selected automatic top up when signing up, but better be safe than sorry.
    Download the app, go into "top up" and you can cancel the card there.

They weren't, Vodafone X is PAYG by default. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I can't see my card details anywhere on the app. Can I ask how you did your top-up?

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I can't see my card details anywhere on the app. Can I ask how you did your top-up?

On the app the box at the top gives you the usage info, under that there's a box giving your credit balance and a red box saying top up. Click on that box. A box will pop up with "top up" and "more options" click on "more options", then "set automatic top up". Then cancel the card.

Just got my code. Annoying them on facebook and twitter seems to be the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JamesRLS

Just got my code. Annoying them on facebook and twitter seems to be the way to go.

Im still waiting for a response! what did you ask them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Sappy404

On the app the box at the top gives you the usage info, under that there's a box giving your credit balance and a red box saying top up. Click on that box. A box will pop up with "top up" and "more options" click on "more options", then "set automatic top up". Then cancel the card.

I think I'm alright. I only see "Add Payment Method".

• Advertisement

Update.
    Ported from 3 but couldn't register on MyVodafone App as it said my (ported) number wasn't a Vodafone number :eek:.
    So tried to register using the email I used and it said to imput security token sent by email which I did, came back "incorrect code" even though I used copy & paste :(.
    Got onto Live Chat yesterday and after being passed around eventually got someone who went to check it and while waiting, I got disconnected assume because it was 6pm and that was their go home time?
    Got on this morning and got it sorted, topped up by €20 so now the wait for the Buds code ;). without having to contact them again.
    Unless you go for auto renew, it should only do it once.

Advertisement