Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

• 28-09-2020 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭

Amazon just announced that Prime Day will kick off from the 13th of October this year. Think it’s usually in July but later this year because of COVID-19. Hopefully there will be a few decent deals this year.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/primeday

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

XCM_CUTTLE_1258957_1326397_UK_PD20_3310833_1500x375_2X_GB_en.jpg

Details here for Prime Day 2020

Some early deals on Amazon devices in the run-up:

PD2020_LeadUpDealsPage_card-1-uk-750x375.jpg

Amazon eero mesh Wi-Fi system | 3-pack £149.
    Cheapest its been. Don't think their is a better option for a 3 piece mesh system in this price range.

[Threads Merged]

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Those eero’s are super tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Amazon just announced updates to most of their smart speakers and some of the other smart devices last week, wonder if there will be any reductions to those since they’re so new.

I know Amazon can sell these at a loss if they want but don’t think they’ve ever had new releases so close to Prime Day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭ablelocks

the euro amazon stores will also have prime day deals, but obviously you need to be a prime member for each country. (pity they don't do pan-amazon prime membership. Also, the prices for euro prime are less than UK - Spains is only €37 per year!)

They all have a 30 day free trial, but you need to have a payment address in that country.

Except Germany - I was able to join Amazon.de prime this morning for free for 30 days.

edit : just joined France prime too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

I love the new look of the dots, globe like but I'm happy with the ones I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

New 4th Gen Dots, New Firestick Lite, New standard Firestick and new 10" echo show.

I am expecting all these to be discounted on those days. The Lite stick is 29.99£ retail so £14.99 would be a great price if they do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Hopefully the fire sticks are in off, as I am looking to pick up a second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Davy wrote: »
    Cheapest its been. Don't think their is a better option for a 3 piece mesh system in this price range.

What sets this apart from the Deco M5 in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Those eero’s are super tempting.

Are they far superior to a regular signal booster?

I have Vodafone Siro but the signal is only really good in the room the router is which is the room furthest away from kitchen table, sitting room etc. Booster in the hall helps a bit but still are times signal will drop or lag (160 sq foot house I think).

Are these worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

The new Echo Studio is also VERY tempting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Both Prime Day and Black Friday on Amazon last year were atrocious.
    With Covid and stock shortages I expect this year to be even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

It has very much turned into "discount on amazon branded hardware and random USB cables".

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭BobBobBobBob

MoodeRator wrote: »
    The new Echo Studio is also VERY tempting

I wonder would this be a good replacement for a soundbar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

dan786 wrote: »
    New 4th Gen Dots, New Firestick Lite, New standard Firestick and new 10" echo show.

I am expecting all these to be discounted on those days. The Lite stick is 29.99£ retail so £14.99 would be a great price if they do that.

What is the difference between a Lite and a regular firestick?

I need to pick up a couple new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Amazon do trade-ins on old Echos. My 1st gen Echo is apparently worth £25 and has been acting up lately (planned obsolescence anyone?) so thinking of getting a 4th gen Echo for £89. They also throw in a free Philips Hue bulb which I would sell on adverts for another €15

Trade in: https://www.amazon.co.uk/EchoTrade-In/b?ie=UTF8&node=21261994031

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What is the point of the fire stick btw? My TV already has all the apps mentioned on the website built in?

RasTa wrote: »
    What is the point of the fire stick btw? My TV already has all the apps mentioned on the website built in?

Not everyone has a smart TV, and a fire stick is currently one of the cheaper ways to get said features on to a TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Not everyone in the world has the same television? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Whats the chances of a discounted Nintendo Switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I have a smart tv and even though it’s great that it’s all built in I’m still debating whether or not to buy a stick or a box for a less clunky experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭kaahooters

Are they far superior to a regular signal booster?

I have Vodafone Siro but the signal is only really good in the room the router is which is the room furthest away from kitchen table, sitting room etc. Booster in the hall helps a bit but still are times signal will drop or lag (160 sq foot house I think).

Are these worth it?

for the price theyll be great, should be able to connect one "home / base unit" and have the others connected via wifi in other parts of the house.

sort of the same as the way old dect cordless phones worked.... but for wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Most people dont use it for the built in apps.

dan786 wrote: »
    Most people dont use it for the built in apps.

The firestick? So it's for people that don't have a smart TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Or people who want to watch IPTV

oh people also use them for getting access to some IPTV sources. Considering the questionable legalities of them they're rarely discussed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Firestick for 14GBP would be sweet. Especially now that it might be important for one to run a VPN for such services ... *shifty eye emoji*

Cool cool, I don't have a TV subscription with Sky etc as I never watch live TV(unless it's sports) so firestick would be pointless. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Firestick is much more versatile than your standard Smart TV imo. I have 2 Smart TVs but I have Firesticks plugged into them and use them instead.

Also, as others have mentioned, why pay €100+ for Sky tv when you can (allegedly) pay 10% of that and get pretty much every station from all over the world with IPTV (allegedly).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Head over to the android forum, there's a thread about getting the most from the firestick. I have a smart TV but use the firestick for all smart functions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

Davy wrote: »

[Threads Merged]

How would they compare to the Deco M4?

Wouldn't mind an upgrade, if they are an upgrade.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement