Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help Finding a Marriage!

• 06-02-2018 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hey I can't find this marriage on IrishGeneology. I know this particular Mary Emigrated to the US but i initially thought it was after Marriage but is there anyone that could search any US Records? I haven't signed up to any US memberships yet!

She was Mary (o')Sullivan born 1878.
    She was married twice,(first husband died soon after mariage) so she married again later on in life in the States.
    1st Marriage ??? O'Rielly
    2nd Marriage James Moffat.
    They had no known children.

Looking for any Marriage records of either. Also USA death/emmigration records may show.

Thanks so much!!!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Where is Mary from and who are her parents?

And same question re her first and second husband?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Sorry.
    Mary was from Tirnaspideoige, Inchigeela/Macroom, West Cork.
    Her Parents were Con O'Sullivan and Kate/Catherine nee Luc(e)y.
    Sorry, that is all info i have.
    Other than i know she moved to Us at some stage in her life.
    Its pathetic thats all i know!
    Limited info on both husbands.
    They didn't seem to have married in Ireland as i have checked!

Nah, it's not pathetic - it's often the way with these brick walls that info is limited. They wouldn't be brick walls otherwise!
    But it helps to give as much info as you can to help others help you with your query.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Coolnabacky1873

The second marriage occurred in Chelsea, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, in 1917.

This is likely her in the 1930 U.S. Federal Census (I have not traced forward from 1917 to verify).

Same street address in 1940, husband James is a widow, so she died between 1930 and 1940.

You'll likely need to create a free Familysearch account to view the records.

There is a death index entry on Ancestry for who might be her:

Name: Mary Moffett
    Death Date: 1938
    Death Place: Chelsea, Massachusetts, USA
    Volume Number: 31
    Page Number: 208
    Index Volume Number: 97
    Reference Number: F63.M363 v.97

You can apply for this record from the Chelsea City Clerk's Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

The second marriage occurred in Chelsea, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, in 1917.

This is likely her in the 1930 U.S. Federal Census (I have not traced forward from 1917 to verify).

Same street address in 1940, husband James is a widow, so she died between 1930 and 1940.

You'll likely need to create a free Familysearch account to view the records.

There is a death index entry on Ancestry for who might be her:

Name: Mary Moffett
    Death Date: 1938
    Death Place: Chelsea, Massachusetts, USA
    Volume Number: 31
    Page Number: 208
    Index Volume Number: 97
    Reference Number: F63.M363 v.97

You can apply for this record from the Chelsea City Clerk's Office.

That is so helpful and kind thanks very much. The info seems promising!

• Advertisement

Sorry, I forgot to mention I had had a look but failed to come up with anything useful.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement