Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 1 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Raoul

D3PO wrote: »
    i should beat your divisional rival Dolfans though (despite doing my best to lose) so you will still be level with Ironsides i suspect going into the last game a win and a defeat for them and your in.

I also have to worry about the Ironsides. They will be top of the division after this week as they have the highest score. Really frustrating to have the second top score and lose. Will be even worse if manningham scores well as I took him out last minute to put in Bennett.

Plus the cork eagles who beat me this week were also challenging for that wildcard position. Think my only hope now is to win the division. I need cork eagles to do me a favour next week against Dolfans and the lucan liverboards to beat ironsides. Anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Raoul wrote: »
    I also have to worry about the Ironsides. They will be top of the division after this week as they have the highest score. Really frustrating to have the second top score and lose. Will be even worse if manningham scores well as I took him out last minute to put in Bennett.

Plus the cork eagles who beat me this week were also challenging for that wildcard position. Think my only hope now is to win the division. I need cork eagles to do me a favour next week against Dolfans and the lucan liverboards to beat ironsides. Anything is possible.

yeah i will do a full list of permutations after tonights games.

i was pulling for you to win as Cork winning all but stops me winning my division.

Cork will be a game clear but in an unassailable points for position for me meaning wilcard will be my only way into the post season :(

the ironsides might lose this week though so you could still be top after tonight.

I'm not even top at the moment. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Number 1 seed Inchicore Warriors have already won against The Wildcats the number crunching will happen after all the results are in but that might just have relegated the Wildcats aswell.

I accepted my relegation about 3 weeks ago, can't buy a win :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Really tight between five of us for four playoff places. One is going to miss out from Stompers (me), Dolfans, Dundalk, Corkeagles and Spongey. All will be revealed next week.
    (Actually, looking at it now Dublin Blades are also now in the mix, if he wins this week)

• Advertisement

fisgon wrote: »
    Really tight between five of us for four playoff places. One is going to miss out from Stompers (me), Dolfans, Dundalk, Corkeagles and Spongey. All will be revealed next week.
    (Actually, looking at it now Dublin Blades are also now in the mix, if he wins this week)

need to wait for this weeks results but as I calculate it. I have you (Stompers) in based on points for. even if I beat you next week I dont think two teams can pass you out on points for if we are being realistic.

so although mathematically you will not be in realisitically you are assuming nothing crazy and unexpectaated happens in MNF. will put up the permutations tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I think i could end up by losing one td, going by the records I would of said id win next week and give myself a good chance but looking at the matchups bobo's clowns have got some great match ups despite being inactive. Still i would of been happy with staying in the division considering the team was auto picked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

One week left is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    One week left is it ?

Next week is the final week of the regular season. Will obviously be more clear cut after the match tonight but if scores go as projected tonight i reckon there will be seven teams within one game of each other and fighting for 4 playoff places. Inchicore has already locked in the number one seed and subdivision 2 may have 2 teams at 5-7 battling for the division win and a place in the playoffs.

If only the final week of the NFL season would be as close

points gap are approximate plus minus 1 point Im not arsed getting the exact decimals gap :)

Inchicore Warriors 11-1
    Stompers 8-4
    Lucan Liverbirds 6-6
    Mehtastic 4-8

Muppeteers 5-7
    Packer Whackers 5-7
    The Wildcats 3-9
    New York Rebels 2-10

The Ironsides 7-5
    Dolfans 7-5
    Dundalk Oriels 7-5
    Bobo's Clowns 2-10

Cork Eagles 8-4
    Spawn Of Spongey 8-4
    Dublin Blades 7-5
    Super Best Friends 6-6

Week 13 permutations. These take the current points for situation into account. If the points for gap is over 55 Im not considering it as a geuine possibility for change.

Inchicore Warrioers are top seed and promoted

Second Seed :- Cork Eagles are the current second seeds. If they win versus Dolfans they will be promoted and get a first week bye.

Spawn of Spongey can get the second seed if they beat Super Best Friends coupled with a Cork Eagles loss.

The Ironsides can get the second seed with a win against the Lucan Liverbirds coupled with a loss by Spawn of Spongey and a loss by Cork Eagles. To pass Cork Eagles in this situation they must outscore Cork by approximatly 51 points so it is highely unlikely

Confernece win and a playoff birth :-

Conference 1 is already sown up. Meaning Second place Stompers can only hope for a Wild card spot.

Conference 2 is currently lead by the Muppeteers.

Muppeteers will qualify if they match Packer Whackers result weather that be a win, tie or loss provided they score within approximatly 20 points of Packer Whackers.

Packer Whackers will qualify if they either win or tie and Muppeteers lose, or if they match Muppeteers result but score approximatly 20 points more in the same result.

Conference 3 is a 3 way tie seperated currently by points for.

Ironsides will qualify as group winners if they beat Lucan Liverbirds as they are too far ahead on points for to be caught realistically.

Dolfans will qualify if they beat or tie with Cork Eagles and the Ironsides lose, provided they score within 23 points approximatly of Dundalk Oriels.

Dundalk Oriels need a lot of help to sow up the conference. It would take an Ironsides loss and a matching result with Dolfans (tie or win) with them outscoring Dolfans by approx 23 points to qualify as conference champs

Conference 4.

Cork Eagles will win the conference with victory over Dolfans.

Spawn of Spongey will win the conference if they can better Cork Eagles result.

Wildcard :-

Stompers & Spawn of Spongey currently hold the two wildcard spots.

Given the current points for situation. There is no way Stompers will be passed by any of the teams on 7-5 due to the points for gap so I deem Stompers qualified as a wildcard.

Spawn of Spongey will join them with a win or tie versus Super Best Friends

If Spawn of Spongey lose then its anybodies between Dolfans, Dundalk Oriels or Dublin Blades for the last Wildcard Spot. Due to the mathematics of it Ironsides are in a win conference or bust situation.

Assuming they dont win their conference Dolfans would require Spawn of Spongey to lose and to score within 14 points of them, and would need to win their matchup and stay with 12 points of Dublin Blades should they win, and within 23 of Dundalk Oriels if they win.

Dublin Blades would qualify if they win and score 12 or more above Dolfans, score within 2 points of Spawn of Spongey and require Spawn of Spongey to lose, and score within 11 of Dundalk Oriels

Dundalk Oriels would need Spawn of Spongey to lose and score at least 9 more than them, if they then score 23 more than Dolfans, and 11 more than Dublin Blades to make it.

Relegation

This is almost all sorted

Bobo's Clowns, New York Rebels, The Wildcats cannot catch any of the 12 teams above them are are all relegated.

Bobos Clowns are inactive and are to be kicked from the Boards Leagues as deemed by the Charter

Mehtastic are at 4-8 and can catch Packer Whackers at 5-7 in 12th (23 pts down) and Muppeteers in 11th (43 pts down) if they win and either of the others lose and they make up the points difference.

• Advertisement

Relegation

This is actually already all sorted

Bobo's Clowns, New York Rebels, The Wildcats & Mehtastic cannot catch any of the 12 teams above them are are all relegated.

Bobos Clowns are inactive and are to be kicked from the Boards Leagues as deemed by the Charter

Excellent post D3PO, way too many scenarios that can happen. Should be an exciting final week

One point on the relegation matter. Mehtastic are at 4-8 and can catch Packer Whackers at 5-7 in 12th (23 pts down) and Muppeteers in 11th (43 pts down) if they win and either of the others lose and they make up the points difference.

Excellent post D3PO, way too many scenarios that can happen. Should be an exciting final week

One point on the relegation matter. Mehtastic are at 4-8 and can catch Packer Whackers at 5-7 in 12th (23 pts down) and Muppeteers in 11th (43 pts down) if they win and either of the others lose and they make up the points difference.

doh sorry I missed that.

However you are of course correct let me ammend it :)

P.S put out a scrub team next week please :pac::pac:

P.S put out a scrub team next week please :pac::pac:

Did you not see my team total of 61pts, my whole team is a scrub team :D

Did you not see my team total of 61pts, my whole team is a scrub team :D

I tried my best to lose this week as I did when we played. 4 of my 5 bench players scored in double digits.

In fact my bench almost beat your entire team this week :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

yay me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

i think I have accepted my fate at this stage. Going to be really difficult judging by the matchups

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Given the current points for situation. There is no way Stompers will be passed by any of the teams on 7-5 due to the points for gap so I deem Stompers qualified as a wildcard.

I thank you. (I hope your sums are correct, though I don't doubt that they are)

(interesting note: depending on results, by my calculation after next week Packer Whackers could either be in the playoffs, or relegated)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭raddo

Please let AP be fit.
    Dolfans really need you!!

interestingly if you are to go by the NFL projections (lol) they indicate I will make the playoffs with the run of results this week.

please NFL for goodness sake be right with your projections for once :D:D:D

raddo wrote: »
    Please let AP be fit.
    Dolfans really need you!!

Please dont be fit. I want to play Toby Gerhart :D:D

Addai or Brown versus the Patriots doesnt seem like a palatable alternative option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So let me get this straight. If I ( cork eagles) win im promoted and in ? What's the numbers with regard to promotion and relegation from the division?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So let me get this straight. If I ( cork eagles) win im promoted and in ? What's the numbers with regard to promotion and relegation from the division?

if you win your promoted yes.

if you tie you get a wildcard spot at worst.

if you lose you can get a wildcard spot sorry forgot to add your wildcard permutations to the thread. Will try and do it later but Im really busy at the moment i just found more permutations now DOH.

on review you are in the playoffs 100% its just a metter of do you get a bye in the first round and auto promotion to the Prem or do you play in the wildcard round. Hopefully you win.

I also just realised that Dolfans are now officially out of the wildcard race as a result of this revelation.

is 4 up 4 down with any tweaks for inactives that are kicked out completly to be made.

i.e we have an inactive in div1 who is kicked form the boards leagues

so even though we have 4 relegated only 3 move down to div2 therefore only 3 from div2 would move down to div 3 and so on.

The whole point is the system facilitates 4 getting promoted and the relegations get tweaked to ensure that happens whilst still maintaining 16 teams per league

Please see the updates as i left out Cork Eagles wildcard permutations which also indiated that Dolfans are in a win conference or bust situation
    points gap are approximate plus minus 1 point Im not arsed getting the exact decimals gap :)

Inchicore Warriors 11-1
    Stompers 8-4
    Lucan Liverbirds 6-6
    Mehtastic 4-8

Muppeteers 5-7
    Packer Whackers 5-7
    The Wildcats 3-9
    New York Rebels 2-10

The Ironsides 7-5
    Dolfans 7-5
    Dundalk Oriels 7-5
    Bobo's Clowns 2-10

Cork Eagles 8-4
    Spawn Of Spongey 8-4
    Dublin Blades 7-5
    Super Best Friends 6-6

Week 13 permutations. These take the current points for situation into account. If the points for gap is over 55 Im not considering it as a geuine possibility for change.

Second Seed :- Cork Eagles are the current second seeds. If they win versus Dolfans they will be promoted and get a first week bye.

Spawn of Spongey can get the second seed if they beat Super Best Friends coupled with a Cork Eagles loss.

The Ironsides can get the second seed with a win against the Lucan Liverbirds coupled with a loss by Spawn of Spongey and a loss by Cork Eagles. To pass Cork Eagles in this situation they must outscore Cork by approximatly 51 points so it is highely unlikely

Confernece win and a playoff birth :-

Conference 1 is already sown up. Meaning Second place Stompers can only hope for a Wild card spot.

Conference 2 is currently lead by the Muppeteers.

Muppeteers will qualify if they match Packer Whackers result weather that be a win, tie or loss provided they score within approximatly 20 points of Packer Whackers.

Packer Whackers will qualify if they either win or tie and Muppeteers lose, or if they match Muppeteers result but score approximatly 20 points more in the same result.

Conference 3 is a 3 way tie seperated currently by points for.

Ironsides will qualify as group winners if they beat Lucan Liverbirds as they are too far ahead on points for to be caught realistically.

Dolfans will qualify if they beat or tie with Cork Eagles and the Ironsides lose, provided they score within 23 points approximatly of Dundalk Oriels.

Dundalk Oriels need a lot of help to sow up the conference. It would take an Ironsides loss and a matching result with Dolfans (tie or win) with them outscoring Dolfans by approx 23 points to qualify as conference champs

Conference 4.

Cork Eagles will win the conference with victory over Dolfans.

Spawn of Spongey will win the conference if they can better Cork Eagles result.

Whatever happens Cork Eagles are gauranteed at worst a wildcard spot in the playoffs

Wildcard :-

Stompers & Spawn of Spongey currently hold the two wildcard spots.

Spawn of Spongey will join them with a win or tie versus Super Best Friends assuming Cork Eagles win

If Cork Eagles lose or tie and this does not match Spawn of Spongeys result they will get the second wildcard spot

If Spawn of Spongey lose then its between Dundalk Oriels or Dublin Blades for the last Wildcard Spot.

Due to the mathematics of it Ironsides & Dolfans are in a win conference or bust situation.

Dublin Blades would qualify if they win, score within 2 points of Spawn of Spongey and require Spawn of Spongey to lose, and score within 11 of Dundalk Oriels

Dundalk Oriels would need Spawn of Spongey to lose and score at least 9 more than them, if they then score 11 more than Dublin Blades they would make it.

Relegation

This is almost all sorted

Bobo's Clowns, New York Rebels, The Wildcats cannot catch any of the 12 teams above them are are all relegated.

Mehtastic are at 4-8 and can catch Packer Whackers at 5-7 in 12th (23 pts down) and Muppeteers in 11th (43 pts down) if they win and either of the others lose and they make up the points difference.

Please see the updates as i left out Cork Eagles wildcard permutations which also indiated that Dolfans are in a win conference or bust situation

The playoffs

Here are all the possible playoff seedings pending this weeks results

#1 Inchicore Warriors
    #2 Cork Eagles, Spawn of Spongey or The Ironsides
    #3 The Ironsides, Dolfans, or Dundalk Oriels
    #4 Muppeteers or Packer Whackers
    #5 Cork Eagles or Stompers
    #6 Stompers, Dublin Blades, Spawn of Spongey or Dundalk Oriels

These scenarios are just way too complicated. Just seen one where Dolfans can indeed get a wildcard spot.

Im really hoping NFL projections are spot on, im projected to win by 0.58 pts

Yeah, it is actually ridiculous the amount of different things that can happen. Ha.

Ohwell, good fun. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Sign of a good league if so many things can happen in the last regualr season games

These scenarios are just way too complicated. Just seen one where Dolfans can indeed get a wildcard spot.

Im really hoping NFL projections are spot on, im projected to win by 0.58 pts

you had better go and lose dammit or my season is over !!

Im even more pissed off now that a win got taken off me now by a stat correction.

at 8-4 id have a way better shot of the playoffs :o

ps dolfans can get a wildcard but it would take a rediculous turn of events in terms of results in 7 of the 8 games so really they cant i tried to keep the permutations realistic on what could happen :)

another example is i can still in theory win conference 4. but it involves me scoring like 250 odd points and you and cork losing. its not realistic so ive considered then as not being valid :)

you had better go and lose dammit or my season is over !!

Im even more pissed off now that a win got taken off me now by a stat correction.

at 8-4 id have a way better shot of the playoffs :o

ps dolfans can get a wildcard but it would take a rediculous turn of events in terms of results in 7 of the 8 games so really they cant i tried to keep the permutations realistic on what could happen :)

another example is i can still in theory win conference 4. but it involves me scoring like 250 odd points and you and cork losing. its not realistic so ive considered then as not being valid :)

I keep thinking im playing you but then realise you just need me to lose so you can overtake me. I'm quietly confident of reaching nowhere near my projected total (110 pts) maybe 70 or so. Jake Ballard down to get 10.3 pts, dont think so. Hillis to get 11.5 pts against the Ravens D. I wont say i'll eat my hat if they match their projections as someone will quote me on it :D:D:D but its unlikely

The way i saw dolfans scenario, if he wins and still finishes second in pool 3 at 8-4 and i lose to stay 2nd in pool 4 at 8-4, he has better points than me and would take the final wildcard spot. I might be missing something but it seems that easy.

• Advertisement

I keep thinking im playing you but then realise you just need me to lose so you can overtake me. I'm quietly confident of reaching nowhere near my projected total (110 pts) maybe 70 or so. Jake Ballard down to get 10.3 pts, dont think so. Hillis to get 11.5 pts against the Ravens D. I wont say i'll eat my hat if they match their projections as someone will quote me on it :D:D:D but its unlikely

The way i saw dolfans scenario, if he wins and still finishes second in pool 3 at 8-4 and i lose to stay 2nd in pool 4 at 8-4, he has better points than me and would take the final wildcard spot. I might be missing something but it seems that easy.

if he wins that means cork lose
    if you lose then cork win the conference
    which means he needs to win
    ironsides or dundalk need to win and the other has to lose (to prevent him winning his conference)
    then he needs me to lose or score more points than me

roughly speaking :)

it could happen but its actually dependent on 6 results (not 7 so it wont really)

Advertisement