Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk 15% off certain stock via kids wish list

• 18-10-2020 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

First order on a "kids wish list" looks to allow 15% off certain goods.

The kids wish lists goods includes nintendo switches, lego so could be a good saving for some.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=22081309031

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭matchthis

Just tried there with animal crossing for Nintendo switch and said there was a problem. Will try again later

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Hallaz

matchthis wrote: »
    Just tried there with animal crossing for Nintendo switch and said there was a problem. Will try again later

it's fiddly but i think you need to wait up to 24 hours for the wish list to become live. Also if i read correctly it can only be used once per kid so either put in a big order or have a lot of kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Snow Crash

I got...

"There was a problem. The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase."

When I tried to order a Nintendo Switch through this offer the other day, not sure what the problem is as it was the first time I created a kids wish-list(as I have no children:D) and I still get the same error now days later.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07W6HNZNW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Snow Crash

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Did you get the email to say you qualified ?
    Nope, maybe I'm ineligible because I think I got a voucher from an older promotion to setup a normal amazon wish-list a while back.

I had trouble getting the 15% discount code to work.
    I received no email, it was supposed to apply automatically after first item was added to kids wish list and go live within 24 hours.

I contacted amazon via web chat and they confirmed to me that I would received the 15% discount after I have received the goods once I contact them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭dinneenp

does it have to be a kids' item? Or could I use it for Ring doorbell?

dinneenp wrote: »
    does it have to be a kids' item? Or could I use it for Ring doorbell?

You need to set up to see what is available.
    If you set up kids wish list it will bring you to a separate page (kids version of amazon?) and only certain items are there. No doorbell I imagine but do have collectors edition of lego, consols etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Set up a kids wish list at the weekend. Didn’t get an email but I used the code at the checkout and it gave me 15% off. Thanks OP. Nice start to the Christmas shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭KayeQ

It worked for me, got some few games and the Nintendo console. I set up the account yesterday and tried the code today and it worked. Thanks OP!

matchthis wrote: »

Is working now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Pique

Trying to preorder the Nintendo Game/Watch and using the code gives me "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase."

That's the message I originally got a few days ago. Didn't get an email or anything, just tried it again today and worked

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭SEORG

Thanks OP, worked for me. Nintendo Switch & games ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭recyclops

SEORG wrote: »
    Thanks OP, worked for me. Nintendo Switch & games ordered

did the 15% come off it all or just the console?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭WhoamI2022

Can you do once or multiple times?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Smurts

Video game items excluded in T&C's

recyclops wrote: »
    did the 15% come off it all or just the console?

Worked on all items added through the kids list section.

Smurts wrote: »
    Video game items excluded in T&C's

I have a Nintendo Switch & 2 games as part of my order and the 15% discount was applied to all items. in the order.

You just have to make sure you add items that are in the Kids Wish List section.

When did you place the order? It is not working for me - I have been onto customer service all morning and last night too and they say video game items are not included and theres nothing they can do

• Registered Users Posts: 10,142 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Not working for me yet either, but I've only set the list up this morning so maybe not applicable yet.
    So basically you add them to the Kids list, go to the kids list and add them to the basket from there?

• Advertisement

I placed the order on Monday

Yep I think they changed the T&C's since to exclude video games

Hurrache wrote: »
    Not working for me yet either, but I've only set the list up this morning so maybe not applicable yet.
    So basically you add them to the Kids list, go to the kids list and add them to the basket from there?

Yeah, there was even a filter for Video games at the top of the page.

FYI - I can't login to the Kids Wish List now but I'm not sure if that is because I have placed my order or if there is another issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,142 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

If I add some random kids book, I still can't apply the discount code so maybe it's just a matter of waiting.

I followed all the steps and waited a day and a half before ordering but it is only applying against some items even though I picked items from the list that amazon provided - had a number of conversations with the customer service but they werent budging

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

SEORG wrote: »
    Worked on all items added through the kids list section.

That's interesting, I got 15% applied to all my items in the basket, 2 of them were not from the kids list.

Pablo1802 wrote: »
    That's interesting, I got 15% applied to all my items in the basket, 2 of them were not from the kids list.

Good to know. Everything in my order had been added through the kids wish list so I couldn't give an answer on the other stuff tbh.

Sounds like they may have changed the T&C's around some items already though.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭niall5098

Just off the chat with Amazon support, The code is not eligible to purchase any video game products.

I hope mine doesn't get canceled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭KayeQ

Definitely I got discount on the 3 games I ordered.

Advertisement