Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Applegreen new reward scheme - Free car wash & coffee

• 02-10-2020 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭

Applegreens new reward scheme launched - free coffee and carwash when you log in/get the new app:

"Great news, our new rewards app is finally here -please accept our apology for the delay. We really appreciate your loyalty and to show our thanks, we are delighted to offer the following when you download our new app as an existing customer:

FREE car wash - to a value of €14 &
    FREE coffee of your choice

Entry to a competition to win FREE fuel for a whole year*

The first 20,000 customers to download our new app will receive a welcome gift of a 4 pack of Coca Cola 330ml.

Many thanks again for your continued loyalty and support.
    Kind regards,
    applegreen rewards team"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I've downloaded it, on Google play say 5k + downloads which implies there's not 20k yet. Should I get a popup in the app or similar for the freebie?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Disaster of an app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

Downloaded app and got nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Shame there is no Applegreen near where I live.

As reported in the freebies thread, Insomnia are giving a free coffee, in the company owned stores, to anyone who downloads their app too.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

kindalen wrote: »
    Downloaded app and got nothing?

Same. Got nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭ooter

GBX wrote: »
    Applegreens new reward scheme launched - free coffee and carwash when you log in/get the new app:

"Great news, our new rewards app is finally here -please accept our apology for the delay. We really appreciate your loyalty and to show our thanks, we are delighted to offer the following when you download our new app as an existing customer:

FREE car wash - to a value of €14 &
    FREE coffee of your choice

Entry to a competition to win FREE fuel for a whole year*

The first 20,000 customers to download our new app will receive a welcome gift of a 4 pack of Coca Cola 330ml.

Many thanks again for your continued loyalty and support.
    Kind regards,
    applegreen rewards team"
    Any linkage?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Downloaded it there and went to sign up. Why do they need my address? Really hate when these basic reward programs over ask for your personal information.

Uninstalled it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I got it to work in the end and got my freebies, but the app is absolutely terrible to set up and register (there's a number of issues with it).

They look for an excessive amount of personal information (mandatory fields) which has to be seen as excessive by GDPR.

When large companies launch apps like this with obviously very little testing, it does nothing positive for their reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭ooter

celticfc wrote: »
    I got it to work in the end and got my freebies

Did you have to do anything to get them or did they just appear?
    Nothing showing on my app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

ooter wrote: »

The freebies are for existing customers downloading the new app. Had you registered before?

ooter wrote: »

I was previously registered with their old rewards card and once i finally got this new app set up the freebies appeared automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

I can't see where the Coke is? I have my free coffee and car wash.

I can't see where the Coke is? I have my free coffee and car wash.

Likewise, no sign of the 4pk of coke here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Tried signing up but gave up and uninstalled when they wanted every box filled out on the form and I couldn't leave them blank.
    I wouldn't be putting my name, address, dob and email address on any online form nowadays.
    There's no reason why they need details like your address on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

celticfc wrote: »
    Likewise, no sign of the 4pk of coke here either.

Nor here and it was saying 500+ downloads when I downloaded it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Took me forever to get in yesterday. Today, it won't allow me in. Haven't seen anything in it for free car wash and coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Was previously registered. Had to enter a new password after receiving security code by email. Free coffee and car wash appeared straight away.
    Took 90 seconds from clicking download on the app in Playstore I reckon.

Thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭R11

Registered, no sign of any rewards...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

Downloaded no sign of free car wash or coffee. And no coke 4 pack either. Shambles of a promotion when it doesn't work. Put me right off applegreen going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Cant even log in or reset my password, and why the need for literally all of my personal information, was expecting them to ask for my PPS number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Problems downloading the app and logging in, the day the email arrived.

Finally got installed and logged in, had to update some of my details, but it also had some info.

Free carwash and coffee were visible, likewise some 50 cent offers on another tab. No sign of my free cokes, despite Google Play indicating that there were sub 1,000 downloads when I downloaded the app.

Today, I can't log in again.

The app is a complete disaster.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Cant register on iphone..too many errors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Anyone registered for this scheme would be doing Applegreen a favour by posting them a link to this thread, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

I was with them on an old email address which i can't access now. So I used new address but didn't get the coffee and car wash. Or coke.
    Not to mention the pain in the ass of a 9 character pw with upper case, lower case, numbers, letters, special characters and a pint of blood sweat n tears!

peckerhead wrote: »
    Anyone registered for this scheme would be doing Applegreen a favour by posting them a link to this thread, tbh.

A few emails of complaint, wouldn't do any harm either...

PR disaster!!!

Thanks,

G.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

Absolutely horrendous coffee in Apple green shops. Worst on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Cannot see the free wash or coffee anywhere ?

Deshawn wrote: »

Is that based on a recent tasting, just wondering if there's any chance that they might have changed it recently?

If it's still crap, have you emailed them and told them how bad it is? It's pointless telling the staff on duty, they no influence and few if them give a sh1t.

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Deshawn wrote: »

They turned the temperature down to 'warm' in the machines in Enfield. It now has to be gulped the second you get back to your car or else.it is literally just tepid. Very frustrating for a coffee.that costs 3.50 from a vending.machine

Advertisement