Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D COY (PEARSE) 20TH INFANTRY BATTALION FCA

• 09-07-2010 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shuggie001

Hi

Looking for former members of the above FCA company, the Company was stood down a few years ago and now forms part of the 63 Inf Battalion RDF.

There are lots of former members out there.

We have an association called the PEARSE BATTALION ASSOCIATION, the age profile is "getting on" in age and new members are needed to relive our weekly trips up to Griffith Barracks/Cathal Brugha Barracks, brasso, button sticks, .303 lee enfields, FN rifles, Bren guns, Gustav 9mm, web belts, ironing "slacks", hairy shirts, camps in Gormanstown, gun oil, 4 by 2, alpha bargains combats, wine coloured scarfs, polish boots.

I served from 1971 to mid eighties and had a great time.

Come out and post!!!!!!

Shuggie001

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭baloonatic

I joined the former FCA in the last years of it's existance and found myself in DCoy 20th. Some great folks, many of whom (including myself) are still serving.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cpslane

I was in D COY Pearse in the early 80s. some good times and memories

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭trellheim

facebook the 20 inf bn page for some pics . In the Re-org a few years back 20 Inf Bn and 21 Inf Bn merged to become 62 Inf Bn.

There are many Ex Pearse still serving, both RDF and PDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

We did guard together in Monaghan barracks, shuggie001. I wouldn't help the age profile much, I'm afraid.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

trellheim wrote: »
    facebook the 20 inf bn page for some pics . In the Re-org a few years back 20 Inf Bn and 21 Inf Bn merged to become 62 Inf Bn.

There are many Ex Pearse still serving, both RDF and PDF.

Have you got a link, a search doesnt seem to be working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭The Sheriffk

shuggie001 wrote: »
    Hi

Looking for former members of the above FCA company, the Company was stood down a few years ago and now forms part of the 63 Inf Battalion RDF.

There are lots of former members out there.

We have an association called the PEARSE BATTALION ASSOCIATION, the age profile is "getting on" in age and new members are needed to relive our weekly trips up to Griffith Barracks/Cathal Brugha Barracks, brasso, button sticks, .303 lee enfields, FN rifles, Bren guns, Gustav 9mm, web belts, ironing "slacks", hairy shirts, camps in Gormanstown, gun oil, 4 by 2, alpha bargains combats, wine coloured scarfs, polish boots.

I served from 1971 to mid eighties and had a great time.

Come out and post!!!!!!

Shuggie001

Howya Shuggie , I served in The Pearse Battalion between '85 and '93
    i still have a few friends still serving . I made a lot of good friends , life long friends in the FCA . We did our recruit camp in Gormo , the day Live Aid was on . I left after i got married in '92 . I still have my old uniform , some webbing and a couple of pairs of boots in the shed .. and my original beret with the brass cap bag filed down .

They were good days , and nights out ...!!!!
    Sgt Dave Fitzgerald was my sarge when we started . he died a number of years ago .. He was a very good man , very witty , disiplined but fair .
    May he rest in peace ...

if i can post a pic i have on the computer it will show the gang i called friends and still do .
    (thats me climbing up onto the truck )
    Cheers
    Niall

Advertisement