Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork: Water Rock Infrastructure Works

• 05-11-2018 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Another public consultation in the Cork area, this one for Water Rock area (Carrigtwohill/Midleton). New train station proposed.

https://www.corkcoco.ie/public-consultation-part-8s

Closes 21 Dec 2018
    Opened 09 Nov 2018
    Results expected 04 Feb 2019
    Public Information Day:
    15th Nov 2018, 12:00 to 21:00 at Midleton Park Hotel, Garden Suite
    Project No. 1 Services Corridor Link Road;
    Project No. 2 Surface Water Drainage System;
    Project No. 3 Junction Upgrade of Cork/Midleton Road and Midleton Northern Relief Road;
    Project No. 4 Traffic Management Measures for Water-Rock Road;
    Project No. 5 Bridge over Railway and Extension to Services Corridor Link Road to Access Proposed Railway Stop;
    Project No. 6 Railway Stop;
    Project No. 7 Upgrade/Realignment of Water-Rock Road;
    Project No. 8 Wastewater Pumping Station

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Doesn't it flood quite badly down there? Next to hotel has flooded a few times in the last couple of years... Now that could be a low point, and or a blocked drain or stream...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

From my limited knowledge of the area (it's North and West of Dawn Meats) the Northern half of it has enough gradient not to flood.

My bigger concern personally is the poor infrastructure on the Mill Road, where they've already built schools and housing estates. There's surely going to be a larger amount of traffic attempting to use the old Ballyrichard road to Carrigtwohill as a result of this. That road's really not suitable for much traffic.

IMO it'd be good to see a new proper grade separated interchange at Mile Bush, just at the Eastern edge of the old Amgen site.

I hadn't even thought of extra traffic on Mill Road, There's a lot more estates zoned on mill road too, so I assume the school will get a lot busier too..
    And it can be a bit dodgy before 9am as it is, because of the level crossing...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

I hadn't even thought of extra traffic on Mill Road, There's a lot more estates zoned on mill road too, so I assume the school will get a lot busier too..
    And it can be a bit dodgy before 9am as it is, because of the level crossing...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Available online now:

Includes rail stop at Water Rock, east of existing Water Rock road, approx 1.4 km from existing rail stop.

No regular parking, 84 bike stands, 3 taxi bays, 5 set-down bays, 8 mobility impaired bays.
    Designed to accommodate 4 carriages.
    Single track design so one-sided platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Available online now:

Includes rail stop at Water Rock, east of existing Water Rock road, approx 1.4 km from existing rail stop.

No regular parking, 84 bike stands, 3 taxi bays, 5 set-down bays, 8 mobility impaired bays.
    Designed to accommodate 4 carriages.
    Single track design so one-sided platform.

No regular parking? Surely that's madness. You want to encourage people out of their cars but there is a limit so park and ride is a viable option. No parking will result in people parking illegally on adjoining roads.

Any idea of the timeline for these works?

No regular parking? Surely that's madness. You want to encourage people out of their cars but there is a limit so park and ride is a viable option. No parking will result in people parking illegally on adjoining roads.

I think the lack of regular parking is odd too. I can see what they're up to though, in that they want to make the main Midleton train station (1.5 km away) the park and ride depot. They want this train to JUST be for their development. I kinda like how cheap and compact the little station is. Not sure what Iarnród Éireann will think of it though.

No idea of timescale sorry. I know it's obviously all ASAP as far as the council's concerned but I don't know about dates. This part 8 will be a necessary precursor to all three Water Rock phases. Glanmire started very shortly after the Part 8 approval though, if that's anything to go by.

I think the lack of regular parking is odd too. I can see what they're up to though, in that they want to make the main Midleton train station (1.5 km away) the park and ride depot. They want this train to JUST be for their development. I kinda like how cheap and compact the little station is. Not sure what Iarnród Éireann will think of it though.

No idea of timescale sorry. I know it's obviously all ASAP as far as the council's concerned but I don't know about dates. This part 8 will be a necessary precursor to all three Water Rock phases. Glanmire started very shortly after the Part 8 approval though, if that's anything to go by.

I'll give them one thing. I'm glad they are planning the infrastructure including the station before the houses get built. I know they have no choice as it's not open to be developed at the moment but wouldn't it be nice if this always happended!!

These project elements (Link road, drainage, existing signallised junction upgrade, Water Rock road closure) are anticipated to commence on site in summer 2019. The construction of these project elements will take approximately 9-10 months
    Train station simultaneously or shortly after.

These project elements (Link road, drainage, existing signallised junction upgrade, Water Rock road closure) are anticipated to commence on site in summer 2019. The construction of these project elements will take approximately 9-10 months station simultaneously or shortly after.

That would be quite impressive if it does happen within that time period.

• Advertisement

That would be quite impressive if it does happen within that time period.

Yeah I can see a few issues with the Part 8 plan so we'll see what way the approval goes. That'd be the first big hurdle. I think they hope to review all submissions within 6 weeks. I don't think they've started yet though.

Advertisement