Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I'm pretty sure the banks wouldn't approve me since I need a bit more than what the banks would lend me. But there's no more to the plan which is probably why I haven't applied for this scheme yet.

Well you can't apply until you've been rejected by the banks

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

Q:
    If we apply for a joint mortgage, primary applicant needs 2 years of continuous employment, and secondary applicant 1 year?
    I was hoping to apply after 6 months as a secondary applicant myself:(
    And does it need to be all period full time? I was working part time before.
    Partner has over 2 years continuous employment.
    Any reply much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭raheny red

Has the solicitor fees worked out cheaper for anyone going through this scheme? Getting quotes off some of them atm and a couple have said their fee may be cheaper if the councils sort out some of the paperwork themselves:confused: They sounded a bit iffy tbh and talking through their ****. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

raheny red wrote: »
    Has the solicitor fees worked out cheaper for anyone going through this scheme? Getting quotes off some of them atm and a couple have said their fee may be cheaper if the councils sort out some of the paperwork themselves:confused: They sounded a bit iffy tbh and talking through their ****. Cheers.
    I think the solicitor for council registers the sale so less work for your solictor

]
    theres a live help chat on the rebuilding ireland page they might help you find out about if you needed to be in work a year rosmoke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Acapella

Has anyone dealt with Limerick City Council specifically? On the LCC site they state they only want rejection letters only. I've two AIPs from two separate banks but the amounts I qualify for wouldn't get a house for a mouse :rolleyes:

I'm just wondering am I wasting my time approaching LCC with these two AIPs or do I need to really go 'dance' with two more financial institutions to flat out tell me no?:confused:

Thanks a mill

Acapella

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭raheny red

I think the solicitor for council registers the sale so less work for your solictor

Excellent thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Acapella wrote: »
    Has anyone dealt with Limerick City Council specifically? On the LCC site they state they only want rejection letters only. I've two AIPs from two separate banks but the amounts I qualify for wouldn't get a house for a mouse :rolleyes:

I'm just wondering am I wasting my time approaching LCC with these two AIPs or do I need to really go 'dance' with two more financial institutions to flat out tell me no?:confused:

Thanks a mill

Acapella

Go by the instructions and checklists on the rebuilding Ireland website only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Lee3b wrote: »
    No you send it to them and they post it back to you very quick service

Hey have you got the address to post the HPL1 form into revenue I can’t seem to find it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Lee3b

Hi it depends on where you are living and also you can do it online if your registered with revenue.ie or your county council will tell you . Hope that helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭kavo87

Just received my letter of approval from Fingal today for the full amount I requested. Submitted on the 11th of July so almost 7 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Suzistar

Hi Kavo87,

Was the 7 weeks from when you first submitted your application, had the pre-loan and interview and file was sent to the underwriters?

Thanks

Suzistar wrote: »
    Hi Kavo87,

Was the 7 weeks from when you first submitted your application, had the pre-loan and interview and file was sent to the underwriters?

Thanks

Hi Suzistar,

Yep was from when I submitted it took almost 7 weeks to go through all the stages. I didn't do any interview just handed in my application to the front desk and didn't hear anything until I received the approval letter.

I'm a single applicant as well.

Going on 19 weeks since we submitted our application. Extremely frustrating process. Does anyone know how long the files are with the underwriters for? Have been getting conflicting information and none the wiser!

Oh my god don't say that ... what county are you with ?

kavo87 wrote: »
    Hi Suzistar,

Yep was from when I submitted it took almost 7 weeks to go through all the stages. I didn't do any interview just handed in my application to the front desk and didn't hear anything until I received the approval letter.

I'm a single applicant as well.

Going on 19 weeks since we submitted our application. Extremely frustrated. Does anyone know how long the files are with the underwriters for? Have been getting conflicting information and none the wiser!

Limerick CoCo - anyone else had any dealings with them? It's hasn't been the most pleasant experience!!

Mine is in 6 weeks but have been advised it will be longer than normal the underwriter is the quickest part apparently that the delay is caused by the councils as they don't hold any meetings in August and they have the final say

Lee3b, what Coco is that with? Ours only went to underwriters 14th of this month and application was sent in in full in April!

We are with kildare that is really bad ours was sent to underwriters the week after and they tell me in the offices its probably back already but they can't look at it until Sept.... Y did it take so long to send to the underwriters did they say

• Advertisement

Going on 19 weeks since we submitted our application. Extremely frustrated. Does anyone know how long the files are with the underwriters for? Have been getting conflicting information and none the wiser!

Which council is that with? Seems crazy long have they requested more info?

After submitting my application on the 11th July it went to the underwriters on the 20th July. Then I rang to check up on it's process on the 9th August and had come back from them that week. So that was roughly 3 weeks with them.

19th weeks seems madness. Who did you apply through?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Does any one know what counts as income for this? Is it just your PAYE income or does interest on a savings account or dividends from shares count as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Momento Mori

Have you tried contacting them to see what the delay is?

I would really advise anyone who is waiting for more than 4 weeks to get on the phone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Does any one know what counts as income for this? Is it just your PAYE income or does interest on a savings account or dividends from shares count as well?

Only income from employment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Going on 19 weeks since we submitted our application. Extremely frustrating process. Does anyone know how long the files are with the underwriters for? Have been getting conflicting information and none the wiser!

Definitely, definitely not that long. Was all the required documentation submitted with the initial application? I'd speak to someone in the local authority to make sure it has gone to the underwriting stage, and then when the next credit committee meeting is scheduled for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lauraITT

It took me 8 weeks to get approved with Kerry coco, had a meeting with them where they told me how much I could apply for. Has anyone gone through the process after approval? I am a bit lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lauraITT

It took me 8 weeks to get approved with Kerry coco, had a meeting with them where they told me how much I could apply for. Has anyone gone through the process after approval? I am a bit lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Cazzums

lauraITT wrote: »

Once you get the loan approval documents in the post you need to contact the council when you have gone sale agreed. They will request the receipt off your initial deposit paid, solicitors details, auctioneers details, mortgage protection form and a valuation report completed. You then have to wait for the councils solicitors and vendors to send your solicitors the contract of sale. You then pay the remainder of the 10% deposit to your solicitor. Once paid and contract signed your solicitor will return this to the council. You then need to open a house insurance policy noted to the interest of the council and send proof of policy and proof of balance of funds to the council so they can draw down the funds.

• Advertisement

lauraITT wrote: »

You've got your provisional approval letter? What came with it?

Advertisement