Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

1328329330331332334»

Comments

I know what you mean all too well!

If you’re not wearing the impulse buys, is there a chance you could put them up on a Buy & Sell Facebook group (or similar) and see if you could get a few quid for them? Then you could get the Superdry coat with no guilt? ;)

I used to do that but the effort..the photos, meeting people, non showers etc,I need to get back into it..my coat is still in the bag since Saturday, I'll try it again tomorrow I do love the big furry black hood so that's a plus lol,definitely superdry next I never even thought of going there and I very rarely go to TK Max,I'll try there at the weekend.

I bought the Penneys 8e faux leather leggings at the weekend and find them lovely, got them as I was wearing my good ones too much and I'm surprised at how nice they are,would recommend.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I picked up this dress from Penney's today. It seemed to be the last one and my size, and reduced from €20 to €10! It fits lovely and I'd say I'll wear into the summer really.

*I Had to link the image as its not allowing me to put the photo of it up from the image location.
    https://primedia.primark.com/s/primark/129551717_ms?locale=en-*,*&$product$

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

A few things from me :)

Uniqlo

Uniqlo Souffle Yarn Mock Neck Jumper

I got this in grey, pink and beige. Bought them at €19.90, but they're further reduced to €12.90. The pink is lovely irl :)
    goods_10_420307.jpg?width=734

Not many sizes left, but a little bit of research online shows that & Other stories stock a similar style.

As an aside, is it just me or has cosy knitwear become very hip all of a sudden.... I think Sézane is partially to blame...knitwear is now sexy :cool:

River Island

One of my pairs of Amelie jeans is a bit worse for wear at the moment - I usually have 2 pairs in dark denim on the go - so I bought this pair in a similar colourway (reduced from €50 to €30; managed to get the last size 12 - win! :p)

740839_alt2?$productImageLarge$

Also bought Molly Navy cord jeggings (reduced from €55 to €18) - as thought they'd go nicely with the Uniqlo jumpers

740264_alt2?$productImageLarge$

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Had a nosey on the Sezane website and now my ads are full of beautiful things I can't afford :pac: They have some amazing pieces.

I picked up some of the extra fine merino blend knits from Uniqlo recently, round neck and polo neck(https://www.uniqlo.com/eu/en/search?q=Extra%20Fine%20Merino%20Jumpers%20%26%20Cardigans) and they are fantastic quality for €29.90. I do need a little camisole underneath as can be a tiny bit sheer, but I'm a cold creature so tend to wear them anyway!

I'm in London this weekend so might make a quick dash to Uniqlo for more colours ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Augh, the Sezane stuff is so beautiful, I want it all, and then I want a maid to do all the handwashing required!

Has anyone bought nice knitwear that can be put in the machine? Even on a low temp/delicate cycle etc? I'm constantly put off stuff because I HATE handwashing and I know I just won't wear things for the fear of having to wash them after. Especially at this time of year as its so hard to try clothes and when you handwash something, no matter how much i try to gently squeeze the water out, its still always sopping wet and takes ages to dry.

I'm constantly put off items when I see that they're handwash only - but I would also prefer to buy natural fibers where possible. Is this a circle that just can't be squared?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Uniqlo's merino is machine washable. If you want something a bit more interesting JW Anderson and Uniqlo U co-labs can be nice. I make a point of buying seamless Uniqlo U jumper ever autumn when they come out. I have Arket fisherman's jumper and have no issues washing it on delicate wash in the washing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

meeeeh wrote: »
    Uniqlo's merino is machine washable. If you want something a bit more interesting JW Anderson and Uniqlo U co-labs can be nice. I make a point of buying seamless Uniqlo U jumper ever autumn when they come out. I have Arket fisherman's jumper and have no issues washing it on delicate wash in the washing machine.

Brilliant, that looks good. I might buy one in s simple style just to see how i like them for size/fit and then can look at more adventurous options in future.

I was actually in a huge Uniqlo when I was in Japan a few months back but just got overwhelmed and bought noting - I ultimately just bought a black floaty midi skirt in a small Uniqlo concession in a train station. Wishing I'd researched the brand a bit more before I went so I knew what to look out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

SozBbz wrote: »
    Brilliant, that looks good. I might buy one in s simple style just to see how i like them for size/fit and then can look at more adventurous options in future.

I was actually in a huge Uniqlo when I was in Japan a few months back but just got overwhelmed and bought noting - I ultimately just bought a black floaty midi skirt in a small Uniqlo concession in a train station. Wishing I'd researched the brand a bit more before I went so I knew what to look out for.
    I find them great for cheap seamless leggings, trench coats, some co-labs and merino jumpers. I have their cashmere jumper and I would not rate that one. I got a pair of their regular line cigarette jeans and found them very poor quality, I also have uniqlo u jeans and they are great. I never tried their work trousers because I
    find elasticated back of the waist a bit cheap looking. Heatech stuff is great to layer under things.

I don't think they are very exciting brand but you get solid quality for the basics to pair with more interesting items in your wardrobe from other brands.

It is a bit overwhelming, even the store in London. Just piles and piles of every colour and fit! I have bought a fair bit from them over the years and always impressed with the quality. I have my merino knits since December and have machine-washed and worn plenty, no complaints so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Twee. wrote: »
    Had a nosey on the Sezane website and now my ads are full of beautiful things I can't afford :pac: They have some amazing pieces.

I picked up some of the extra fine merino blend knits from Uniqlo recently, round neck and polo neck(https://www.uniqlo.com/eu/en/search?q=Extra%20Fine%20Merino%20Jumpers%20%26%20Cardigans) and they are fantastic quality for €29.90. I do need a little camisole underneath as can be a tiny bit sheer, but I'm a cold creature so tend to wear them anyway!

I'm in London this weekend so might make a quick dash to Uniqlo for more colours ;)

I love the Uniqlo on Oxford street - that was my gateway to Uniqlo :D
    Also their merino wool range is great. The crew necks regularly come up on limited deals and you can get them for €19.90.

Yeah, Sézanes' clothes are gorgeous. They're are pricey enough, but seem to be really nice quality. Le sigh :D

(I recently saw a review of their clothes on a youtube video, I though it was this one by Emily Mariko, but on reviewing the video, it wasn't - she reviewed other French brands, but not Sézane. I now can't for the life of me remember who produced the video - if I remember I'll update my post as it was a fairly thorough review of the brands' knitwear.)

Augh, the Sezane stuff is so beautiful, I want it all, and then I want a maid to do all the handwashing required!

Has anyone bought nice knitwear that can be put in the machine? Even on a low temp/delicate cycle etc? I'm constantly put off stuff because I HATE handwashing and I know I just won't wear things for the fear of having to wash them after. Especially at this time of year as its so hard to try clothes and when you handwash something, no matter how much i try to gently squeeze the water out, its still always sopping wet and takes ages to dry.

I'm constantly put off items when I see that they're handwash only - but I would also prefer to buy natural fibers where possible. Is this a circle that just can't be squared?

I'm the very same. This is the main reason why I try to avoid expensive delicate items, as I'm afraid I'll either destroy them and they'll never be the same after I've washed them :(... or I won't have the discipline to handwash them (read: I'll be too lazy to handwash them :pac:).

Yet, I'm try to avoid purchasing fast fashion, so Uniqlo is a happy medium in some ways. Granted their clothes are mass produced, but I feel they're decent quality for the money, handy for basics, last longer than clothes at similar price points (I have some of their clothes for years and they've held their shape/colour well) and can be machine washed at a normal or delicate cycle were needed.

They have a lot of stock - whenever I visit their stores it takes me ages to sort out in my head what I want/ need. I agree with what Meeeeh suggested above, take a chance on a few of their basic lines to get a feel for what they have to offer. I especially love their t-shirts/tops and knitwear (jumpers, cardigans). ;)

In addition to JW Anderson and Ines de La Fressange, they also produce some unique graphic t-shirts and hoodies in collaboration with artists/ franchises (anything from Disney to Andy Warhol).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Bought these three dresses:

11810349-1-multi?$XXL$&wid=513&fit=constrain
    £28 with 20% additional sale discount on ASOS

PQAED_SQ1_0000000629_FLORAL_MDf?$300x400_retinamobilex2$
    €25 on Littlewoods

P9FEX_SQ1_0000000365_MONO_MDf?$300x400_retinamobilex2$&$roundel_lwireland$&p1_img=lwi_clearance
    €29.50 on Littlewoods

Trying to plan my wedding wardrobe for the summer. Do you think I could get away with the monochrome one for a cousin's wedding?

Alternatively, could I wear this or is it too much?
    ?wid=244&hei=430&size=244,430&cropN=.2,0,.57,1&layer=1&src=Debenhams%2F008020332848_SC&size=430,430&qlt=85&op_sharpen=1&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.5,0.5,5,0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Gorgeous dresses!! I prefer the monochrome one. A bit more understated and sophisticated, in my opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Both are good options but I love the monochrome. If you’re dark haired then it would look really chic with a retro up-do and a red lip. Nice choices and really good value!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Thanks both! I was worried about the monochrome having too much white! I have the blue in my wardrobe so it's there as a spare anyway. The way this year is going I'm sure another wedding will turn up!
    Both are good options but I love the monochrome. If you’re dark haired then it would look really chic with a retro up-do and a red lip. Nice choices and really good value!

I am dark haired actually so will remember this!

I'm a bargain shopper. Never pay full price!

10k posts reached! I will start and sticky a new thread.

Thank you to everyone for contributing, here's to 10k more!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement