Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good shoe cream

• 07-01-2020 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi, I bought myself a few nice pairs of shoes over the last few weeks.

What I'm looking for is a good shoe cream for them to look after them and maybe a good wax polish too.

But mostly I'm after a good coloured cream.

The colour creams I'm after is as follows - Black, Brown/tan light and Dark as well as a Red/brown/oxblood colour. Also Neutral for a pair of waxy dark brown Chelsea boots I picked up.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Can't go wrong with Saphir: https://saphirshoecream.com/

I'd also recommend getting the Renovateur cream - it's a good pre-polish cream to use as it 'renovates' the leather and gives it that extra bit of treatment.

As above, Saphir is wonderful stuff.
    My father has a pair of Loakes from the 70s that he recently stopped wearing as the leather began to crack at the creases. I stumbled upon an account on Instagram where a guy mentioned that often with old shoes it's layers of polish that's cracking rather than the actual leather.
    I took white spirits to Dad's shoes to strip off the decades of Kiwi polish (desperate sh1t that shouldn't be used on decent shoes strangely enough) and then used some fine sandpaper also .......... a layer of Saphir 1925 Cream light cream had them looking very, very well.

500211.JPG

500212.JPG

500213.JPG

I've subsequently also got some Saphir Pate De Luxe High Gloss Polish that I use on the toes, heel area of shoes etc ........ essentially areas that don't crease. Great results also. The pictured shoes didn't get any of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

^ Looks great! Can I send you my old shoes too? :)

Advertisement