Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Saville exposed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Where did you come by that info on Wilfrid Brambell? A search for me throws up 'white pride' website Stormfront, several Youtube comments sections & a site which also claims Edward Heath was a Satanist.

A BBC documentary that explored the very poor off-screen relationship between Brambell and his TV 'son' Harry H. Corbett stated he ( Brambell ) was a paedophile sex tourist and this was a source of friction between the 2 actors as well as Brambell being constantly pissed on set.

As soon as they finished shooting a series Brambell was on his way to the flesh pots of the far east.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

I saw jimmy saville in person when I was a kid, he went thru my local area whilst doing a marathon, rather bizzarley though he wasn't running but was being pushed while he sat in a wheelchair smoking a cigar while wearing a gold lame shellsuit.

Luckily for me though I was rather a chubby kid do I couldn't have took his fancy, that is off course if the rumours are true!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

mike65 wrote: »
    or dead man never publicly accused when alive and not actually accused of anything yet when dead. But we're talking about it.

super injunction

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Jimmy had a bird, don't think he was a pedo, all just rumours.

Because every pedo is single right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Whether he was or wasn't a paedophile, the story is in pretty poor taste, no? I mean, so far it's only been alleged. Until a court of law has determined the veracity of the charge, should we all be talking about it? Yea, he's dead but it must be quite upsetting for his relatives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I really like kids but not in a sexy way. I hope my sister doesn't think I'm a creepy pedo because I'm a single man in my 30's. When I babysit my sisters kids I let them stay up because I like having them running around doing mad ****.

I'm not a peado. I promise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

If he did molest kids I hope hell exists so he can burn for eternity.
    Rapists and molesters should have their genitals removed. And I'm not trying to be over the top by saying that. It's the best solution.
    The problems a child experiences after being abused last a life time and sadly often never get resolved.
    I would be in favour of the death penalty in an ideal world for rape but I don't think removing their genitals would help.

edit: Then again in an ideal world there would be no such thing as rape or sexual assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Biggins wrote: »

It is amazing how they can claim all this without even the slightest evidence further from conjecture about newspapers having a non existant list.
    Morlar wrote: »

Here in Australia the equivalent of Penneys/ Dunnes is a cheap large chain clothes retailer called Target.

The 20 second advert that I am forced thru before getting to the Theroux clip is from the "Target Kids Range" :eek::eek::eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Please tell me RTE is not involved

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Why do you ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Pantsface wrote: »
    mike65 wrote: »
    or dead man never publicly accused when alive and not actually accused of anything yet when dead. But we're talking about it.

super injunction
    Worked for an unnamed British celebrity that was riding imogen Thomas and his sister in law anyway..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Worked for an unnamed British celebrity that was riding imogen Thomas and his sister in law anyway..........

And in those cases IIRC Scottish media are not covered by it and could easily report it.

And anyway, Giggs case was a personal accusation, not a criminal one. Surely one cant take an injunction preventing being named in a criminal allegation?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    I saw jimmy saville in person when I was a kid, he went thru my local area

Ooh matron!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭ King Rhythmic Turbine

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Ooh matron!:eek:

How's about that, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭emo72

They're here all week, no doubt. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Delancey wrote: »
    Yamanoto wrote: »
    Where did you come by that info on Wilfrid Brambell? A search for me throws up 'white pride' website Stormfront, several Youtube comments sections & a site which also claims Edward Heath was a Satanist.

A BBC documentary that explored the very poor off-screen relationship between Brambell and his TV 'son' Harry H. Corbett stated he ( Brambell ) was a paedophile sex tourist and this was a source of friction between the 2 actors as well as Brambell being constantly pissed on set.

As soon as they finished shooting a series Brambell was on his way to the flesh pots of the far east.

Yup,

My dad told me this aswell many moons ago, it must be true... :P

apparently the co star was scared ****less of him...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yup,

My dad told me this aswell many moons ago, it must be true... :P

apparently the co star was scared ****less of him...

Bramble was an Irish export that no-one liked to talk about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Wilfrid Brambell was known to frequent publc toilets looking for 'Action ' :p

Him singing 'A Nation Once Again ' in the Hard Days Night film was funny .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I may be mistaken and there's a BBC doc on the subject which passed me by - can't find a link to it though.

Are you perhaps referring to the 2002 Channel 4 documentary When Steptoe Met Son?

If so, the programme documents Brambell's trips to Hong Kong only - travelling for the purpose of seeking companionship with the English radio presenter Ralph Pixton. There was talk of frequenting gay bars, 'furtively staring at teenage boys on the crowded street', but no evidence of underage sex ever having occured.
    Brambill was a prolific paedophile and child abuser who was careful to confine his offending to sex tourist holidays in known spots like Sri lanka , Thailand , Phillipines

This appears little more than baneful conjecture. No reports of any such activities have ever surfaced in the press subsequent to Brambell's death - no complaints, no tell-all memoirs by contemporaries, no red-top revelations etc

Where are you getting Sri Lanka, Thailand and the Philippines from exactly? If this BBC documentary exists and provides evidence as to the veracity of what you've said above, then I'd quite clearly be mistaken.

Given what you've levelled at him, asking for a credible source would seem a reasonable requirement.

I think you should provide one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Just saw this paragraph:
    After [his mother's] death in 1973, Savile sequestered himself with her body for five days, which he subsequently claimed were the “best five days of my life … She looked marvellous. She belonged to me. It’s wonderful, is death.” In later years he felt obliged to explain that he had not buried her sooner “because the ground was icy”. He continued to keep her room exactly as it was, and would have her clothes dry-cleaned once a year.

Jesus christ.

There's nothing wrong with a boy being devoted to his mother, ye cynic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    His hand was rather high, and did appear to be jiggling somewhat.

Not sure it would class as molestation, but definitely inappropriate behaviour - he was holding onto her a little too tightly.

Regardless of how bat**** crazy Colleen Nolan may now be, nobody, not least a 14yo girl should have to put up with anything like that.

Agreed. I think everyone has experience of a similar type lecherous f**ker. This type of pervert knows exactly how to get his jollys and how to get away with it.

I remember meeting the chap I am referring to for the first time, he was distantly related to my boyfriend, now hubby and the way he hugged me, too f**king close for comfort, left me a little shocked, but being of a forgiving nature I put it down to me being over cautious about people and forgot about it.

Well the next time I had dealings with him was giving him a lift to the pub. He was slightly drunk and full of his loud talk and he thought it was appropriate to put his f**king slimey hand on my knee and have a feel (ok its only a knee but its my knee).

I didnt want to embarrass anyone there and then but when we dropped the slimeball at the pub I told my boyfriend. Obviously he was a shocked as this was a relative and thankfully he took my side.

Anyhow to cut a long story short the creep eventually exposed himself (pardon the pun) at a friends 21st where he tried to feel up a load of fourteen year olds and ended up getting thrown out of the pub.

The moral of my story is that I am not a hysterical person but nobody man or woman has the right to touch me in an unwarrented way and that this f**ker never did anything obvious, for all to see, his modus operandi was the sly grope whenever he could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Jimmy Saville? Well I never. He should have called his programme 'Jim'll **** It'

• Pantsface wrote: »
    No smoke without fire, and my god there is a lot of fire!

At least use the phrase properly

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

It is very weird how it's all only coming out of the woodwork now that he's dead and cant defend himself.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Dead Pervs can't sue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

this could be of interest

http://www.flickr.com/photos/greenman2008/6291922488/

There were newspaper reports that he had spent five days alone in the house with her body after she died, which some saw as unhealthy. Savile told a reporter in 2000 that all he had actually said at the time was that they couldn’t bury her for a while because the ground was too icy. “I said, yeah, I was with her for five days, and that was like manna from heaven for the newspapers. Suddenly, bloody marvellous, you’re sat there like bloody Norman Bates, but that will do. Thank you, good morning.”

Savile continued to live in the house that they shared in Leeds, and kept his mother’s room exactly as it had been, dry cleaning her clothes once a year.

He never married and claimed never even to have spent a whole night with a sexual partner. “My logic has always been to sip at the cup of life and never gulp at it. Now ladies, God bless them. Marvellous. Lovely. If you sip at them. They will enjoy you enormously, you will enjoy them enormously. Then you go to bed on your own and you wake up not disillusioned.”

In the same interview he talked about rumours that he was a little too fond of the children who flocked to him, which Louis Theroux had raised when they made a startlingly intimate documentary together in 1999.

“Yes. Louis raised the subject. 'A lot of people think you’re into little girls,’ he said. 'No, I told him.’ Well, why did they think so? It could be because I know all the pop stars. If a group of girls see me, they will come round to ask me questions about their beloved because they know I’m the fella that’s with them. From an outside point of view, they’ll say, 'Look at them young girls clambering round him’. They’ve got entirely the wrong context."

he looks like a paedo therefore he must be paedo. he never married therefore he must be gay.

Millicent wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with a boy being devoted to his mother, ye cynic.

Benny Hill was devoted to his mum and never married or moved out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Fuinseog wrote: »
    Benny Hill was devoted to his mum and never married or moved out.

I think Millicent was having a bit of a laugh (and her post is full of lol, imo).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Advertisement