Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Language lessons in Dublin

• 03-05-2005 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any ideas/recommendations on good italian courses in Dublin.
    I would be a beginner both would love to learn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

well u could try here however I don't know anyone who has studied there, or try here I keyed in Italian and Dublin (for instance) and loads of things came up... or else have a look at the sticky these guys are pretty good...otherwise there are lil books you can buy in easons-evening classes or something I think, they have a website...but its terrible...otherwise you could try emailing colleges/going to open days (although these aren't usually 'til feb-april time...), or even cao, might give u a better idea, ie if your going for a cert or that....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I tried ciaodublin.com and am very happy. Its just a few Italian girls who teach in Dun Laoghaire, its not a school or anything but i found the course much better than the one i had previously taken in the language school in the same area. They can come to your home or you can go to there apartment, i went to the apartment and it was very nice, i guess they are doing pretty well to afford that place.
    My teacher was Kristyna and she was excellent and really knew how to teach to someone, her English is fluent and her accent is very clear, so i understood everything she was saying.
    They are qualified to teach italian as well and not just some Italians over on holidays, this is there full time job.
    I think i paid about 280 for ten 1 hour lessons and that included the grammer book and either a free bottle of Lemonchello or Italian wine at the end of the class, i went for the lemonchello.
    You also get authentic Italian foods and snacks at some of the lessons for no extra cost.
    I will be signing up for my level 2 course in the next few weeks, and might try the Italian wine this time :)

Highly recommended

Well its www.ciaodublin.net now :)

I signed up for more classes and had Kristyna as my teacher again and she was very good. The rates have gone up to 300 euro for 10 one hour lessons but its still great value. I recommended her to some friends who wanted some letters and emails translated into italian for a school they want to enroll there kids in next year in italy and they said she was very very good and had the stuff translated very fast. She even rang the school for them to make sure everything was in order at no extra cost.

I cant recommend this girl and this website enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 aguestie

Hi smcgarr
    Do you have a contact number for Krystina as I have been trying to email her but to no avail?

aguestie wrote: »
    Hi smcgarr
    Do you have a contact number for Krystina as I have been trying to email her but to no avail?

Hi,
    I don't want to go handing out her number as I am just one of her students and not friends etc . But her email address for lessons is kristyna@ciaodublin.net
    Make sure its .net and not .com you are emailing.

I always use this address and have no problems with it. Maybe send her an email tonight or tomorrow and see what happens or just use the form on her site to contact her, link below.
    If you still cant get her, post here and i will ask her if its ok to give out her phone number.

http://www.ciaodublin.net/contact.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭glenjamin

3 Month ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Nauniek

giusy,

How would intend teaching - via IM or email? Ive been trying to learn italian and have bought Cds and done a beginners class. I can understand little bits and get by on holidays but would love to be able to speak italian properly
    giuttry wrote: »
    I will be really happy to help you!!!
    I'm Italian and I can teach you this beautiful language!!!!
    Contact me if you like at giuttry@alice.it
    We can talk about it
    Bye bye
    Giusy

• Registered Users Posts: 18 aguestie

Hi smcgarr,
    I have been trying to contact Kristyna in Ciao Dublin but to no avail. Can you help?
    Thanks,
    aguestie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lighthouses

Hi there, an Italian girl I know (who is academically qualified and has tons of experience teaching in Italy and Ireland) is starting a new beginners classes for ten weeks from March 09, if you're interested you should check out http://www.learnitaliandublin.blogspot.com there should be an email address there too. Good luck with your Italian! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Irlandese

anyone have any info on books and course notes for teaching english to Italians, through Italian??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Raffy

Hi I'm an Italian girl, I'm living in Dublin and I'm doing an internship here, I'm looking for Irish people who are interested in doing a tandem with me. So you can learn Italian language speaking Italian with me and I can improve my English with you, we can speak one hour Italian and one hour English. Please let me know if you are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bielva

HI Raffy,

I would be interested in doing a language exchange with you but can spare only 1 to 1 1/2hrs per week. If that's of interest to you, maybe you can reply with your email address or send me a private message with contact details. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dhina87

Hi I'm an Italian girl,too. I have been living in Dublin for 3 weeks. I'm here as an Aupair. I really want to meet some friends and to improve my English, so if any Irish boy/girl is looking for Italian people , for an exchange Italian-English, here I am :-) Please let me know if you are interested. Talk to you soon

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Irlandese

any info on TEFL or other hopefully free downloadable teaching material for Italians wanting to learn english?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Julielena

Hi dhina87

I've signed up for Italian lessions in eden school in dublin city centre but they dont start till sept. So I would be interested in learning some Italian from a native speaker before then. if your interested in meeting up for a chat private message me.
    I am not available for another week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

julielena, just wondering why you went with eden. I am really interested in signing up for sept also but was looking at these guys http://www.languagewise.ie/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=27&Itemid=26&gclid=CIa0gOGf_aICFRculAodNC6IkA
    seem a bit expensive though, what are eden like, thanks, f

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Julielena

Hi

Eden are actually cheaper €185 from sept till nov. i guess i went with them for price more than anything.

LanguageWise course runs longer but I couldn't afford the price their asking.

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wipednwired

I am not Irish, but I am a native English speaker (Canadian), so if you are interested in an exchange, I would like to meet up. I am an absolute beginner in Italian, so let me know if you can start with the basics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 b1788

Hi,
    Looking for language tandem/swap - english for italian.. otherwise would like tutor with reasonable prices, intermediate stage italian, mainly would like to work on conversation for now and then maybe written.

PM if available, living in Dublin.

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 inezoshea

Hi Raffy, I am an Australian living in Dublin I speak a little bit of Italian and would love your idea of doing tandem lessons. I need a little bit of conversation Italian. I need to be corrected when I talk Italian so yes it would be great if we could meet up and talk Italian for 1 hour then English for the other!!
    Just let me know if you are still interested!!!
    Inez
    Raffy wrote: »
    Hi I'm an Italian girl, I'm living in Dublin and I'm doing an internship here, I'm looking for Irish people who are interested in doing a tandem with me. So you can learn Italian language speaking Italian with me and I can improve my English with you, we can speak one hour Italian and one hour English. Please let me know if you are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 inezoshea

Hi my name is Inez I am Australian but lived in Italy for about 1 year, I would really like to practice my Italian so would be really interested to meet you for some Italian and English lessons!!! Let me know if your interested still!!
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Inez

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Skr4wny

I was on the ciaodublin site last week and sent a message but got no response. I see today that the site is down.

Anyone know any other places or people where I can learn Italian?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shivie

Hi, I have tried on numerous occasions to get in touch with Krystina from Ciao Dublin but to no avail, I have mailed about 6 times in the last two months, would you happen to have another contact address for her?
    Thanks shivie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lighthouses

Does anyone know any good Italian language teachers in Galway? Moving next month and unfortunately I can't bring Susanna with me!!!! :p she's continuing her classes but just in Dublin (she's at www.learnitaliandublin.blogspot.com). I passed my CELI 1 Exam and would like to continue. Any Galway-based suggestions/ links would be appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 PARANA

Does anyone knows a good Italian school in Italy? May be somewhere you have studied already? Many thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭franc 91

Have you tried looking for Corsi Inglese on line or Lezioni di Inglese tutto gratis - on line?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wipednwired

Liffey College off Francis St. is set to start a new intermediate Italian class on April 4. The teacher, Eva, is great - a group of us started through a Groupon deal last year, and the college offered the next level at the same price. Worth calling if you are interested in a course-based format. I for one am having a lot of fun AND actually learning something!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭SJ.

I actually bought a Groupon for the Liffey College beginners' course, but they're not running a summer course due to lack of interest :(

If anyone has any alternatives for a course in Dublin starting in the summer, I'd be grateful. Would consider 1-1 lessons if they're not too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭demure

SJ. wrote: »
    I actually bought a Groupon for the Liffey College beginners' course, but they're not running a summer course due to lack of interest :(

If anyone has any alternatives for a course in Dublin starting in the summer, I'd be grateful. Would consider 1-1 lessons if they're not too expensive

If you hear of a course starting soon, that is looking for more students, I am in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭SJ.

demure wrote: »
    If you hear of a course starting soon, that is looking for more students, I am in!

It's good that you posted - yesterday I bought this:
    http://www.grabone.ie/dublin/oxford-college-international-5

Advertisement