Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Heavy showers during the night in cork city but has finally dried up and is mostly cloudy now with a hint of blue sky. Better then yesterday’s washout

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cloudy, cool, breezy and thankfully dry in Meath this morning, finished up with close to 40mm of rain yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Damp and murky in Limk City this am. We had 23.6 mm totals yesterday. Wettest day for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Weather forecast for today and the actual reality of today quite at odds. Mixed skies at dawn, now sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Very windy in coastal Dublin the last few hours.

Latest Airport Obs

Wind 27 kt from the North with gusts up to 39 kt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Weather forecast for today and the actual reality of today quite at odds. Mixed skies at dawn, now sunny.

Yup I've put the washing out on the line

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sneaky snarky wind chill out there. Trying to persuade the fire to light... shivers...occasional showers.. Nothing drastic ..

west mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭KildareP

Absolutely rotten in Castleknock.

Looking out at sheets of rain going near horizontal past the window and the trees being absolutely battered by wind.

Seems to be increasing steadily over the last few hours.

Dreading what it will be like going home later if it keeps up, it wasn't much better leaving the house in North Kildare this morning either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another wet and miserable day here at Dunshaughlin, it's been raining close to 24 hours now.

now the September monthly rainfall totals for Dunsany are in..... I was expecting it to beat March 2019 making September the second wettest month of the year. We certainly beat March, we have also beaten August, making September 2019 the wettest month of 2019 so far.

September 2019 - 125mm
    August 2019 - 123.9mm
    March 2019 - 109.4mm

Over 100mm of rain has fallen here over the past week, making this week propably the wettest week in several years perhaps.

Gonzo wrote: »
    another wet and miserable day here at Dunshaughlin, it's been raining close to 24 hours now.

now the September monthly rainfall totals for Dunsany are in..... I was expecting it to beat March 2019 making September the second wettest month of the year. We certainly beat March, we have also beaten August, making September 2019 the wettest month of 2019 so far.

September 2019 - 125mm
    August 2019 - 123.9mm
    March 2019 - 109.4mm

Over 100mm of rain has fallen here over the past week, making this week propably the wettest week in several years perhaps.

86.7 mm here in Arklow for the entire September
    46 of that on Saturday and Monday
    Currently dry with some sunshine
    Getting cloudier though
    Very windy
    Clothes out on line are almost dry already

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Mortelaro wrote: »
    86.7 mm here in Arklow for the entire September
    46 of that on Saturday and Monday
    Currently dry with some sunshine
    Getting cloudier though
    Very windy
    Clothes out on line are almost dry already

We really need a week or more of dry weather at this stage, my garden is like a swamp and there is still surface water in my driveway since last Saturday!

Tomorrow looks like a dry and sunny day but it won't be nearly enough to even begin drying the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭highdef

KildareP wrote: »
    Absolutely rotten in Castleknock.

Looking out at sheets of rain going near horizontal past the window and the trees being absolutely battered by wind.

Seems to be increasing steadily over the last few hours.

Dreading what it will be like going home later if it keeps up, it wasn't much better leaving the house in North Kildare this morning either.

Funnily enough, the ECM model is showing wind gusts of 100kph or more around lunchtime today in coastal north Dublin and to a slightly lesser extent in east Meath. I don't recall any mention of this on this thread. I also don't know if it will be accurate as it seems to be both a bit of an oddity and also rather localised.

491990.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Feels like the tail end of a hurricane already here in east Wicklow! Some very strong gusts and raining steadily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Salthill galway 01/10/19 temperature 11°C
    95TFQGy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Miserable. Dublin 2.

sideswipe wrote: »
    Feels like the tail end of a hurricane already here in east Wicklow! Some very strong gusts and raining steadily.

Light drizzle blowing in the wind in Arklow
    North gusting 50kmh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A dry bright afternoon in Castlebar with good sunny spells. Light to moderate northerly breeze making for some good drying

rain easing off here now to drizzle but very gusty and generally miserable. Lots of surface water on roads with mud and leaves everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Irish rail tweeted not long ago that the waves are coming over the sea wall at seapoint, but their drains are holding up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sudden dazzling sunshine! The wind is chasing the clouds so fast they cannot keep up. The elderberry tree is getting battered back and forth. All is well ..

west mayo offshore island

• Advertisement

Sunny spells in cork city but the wind is chilly, definitely coldest wind so far. Ground is very slow to dry aswell .

Think the Lee overflowed yesterday causing some flooding due to high tides, it was very high anyway. Wonder willsimilar happen tonight

still raining slightly here in Meath, making it 24 hours of non-stop rain.

Turning much colder as skies may clear later in the night and the first possible frost of the season. Temperatures could get as low as 0C in a few places, low single digits in most places.

24-778UK.GIF?01-6

Tomorrow we get a 1 day break from all this rain, but fear not there is bucketloads of rain on the way from Thursday and possibly an absolute soaking on Saturday.

Sun is shining in my area of meath for the last hour, feels fairly chilly in the breeze though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Nice enough day in Letterkenny again, cool but dry and bright with plenty of sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Nice enough day in Letterkenny again, cool but dry and bright with plenty of sunshine

Going to be a cold night tonight , might even see fist sub 0 of the season

Clear and very cool here in meath.

That other thread is a right mess now

Heating on for the first time since last March here in Cork City, cold enough out at 8/9 and its expected to get lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭appledrop

The wind earlier in North county Dublin was unreal. I've seen pictures from howth + waves were crashing over pier wall. We walk this pier in winter + summer + that wouldn't be a regular occurrence.

I cant understand how there was very little warning about those winds. I'm worried we are not prepared for storm that might be coming. I know its had to predict at moment but my fear is we over hyped Storm Opehila but we might be underestimating this one.

Heating on for the first time since last March here in Cork City, cold enough out at 8/9 and its expected to get lower.

Yeah heating on here since yesterday evening, finally stopped wearing the shorts outside to, sad day all round :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Yeah heating on here since yesterday evening, finally stopped wearing the shorts outside to, sad day all round :(

Stove lit today

Advertisement