Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Great British Bake Off 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Tonight's final is the first time I've ever been so undwrwhelmed about a bake off final.
    Same. I actually forgot it was on tonight until I seen it mentioned on facebook earlier this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Tonight's final is the first time I've ever been so undwrwhelmed about a bake off final.
    I'd prefer to see Steph win as I think she's the best of the three, but have an awful feeling it will be David.

I think the only way Steph won't win is if she has a major implosion. I reckon Alice has a better chance than David.

Guess it depends if the judge solely off the bakes from the final or if they judge using the whole series. I think that even if the judge it soley based off the final, they will still be influenced by previous weeks performances which would give Steph a better chance of winning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I like the three that are left so happy enough for whoever wins.
    Once it's not a bleedin campfire like last year, they try to overcomplicate it too much these days. I don't see why the final can't just be something like a wedding cake, you could have that year after year and it wouldn't matter, you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I think Steph will probably win, but who knows? But yeah that campfire last year was absolutely ridiculous!

I think if it isn't Steph, it will probably be Alice because I get the feeling Paul Hollywood likes her and doesn't like David.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Did they not do Black Forest gateaux before this series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

As smug as he has been portrayed all series, I'd actually like David to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Addle wrote: »
    Did they not do Black Forest gateaux before this series?
    There was definitely a Black Forest Gateau theme to something someone did (possibly Steph!) - but omg that sounds fabulous, I ADORE bfg!!!

As smug as he has been portrayed all series, I'd actually like David to win.
    Nope, cannot even contemplate that! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I like David I didn’t find him smug at all
    I think Steph will win it unless she drops her cake on the floor

Alice doesn’t seem to be doing well, there’s no way the judges won’t pick up on a wonky cake!

• Advertisement

I'm feeling a bit tipsy just listening to David planning his cake :eek:

(bit behind, hoping to catch up during the ads!)

Stilton soufflé, ugh!

Alice has never made a roux?

I would put David and Steph equally ahead after round 1.....

David overdid the booze, Steph overdid the baking.

Ooooh, stilton souffles..... yummmmmmmmmm......

Poor Steph is very upset from that technical :(

Why did she keep turning them out when it was blindingly obvious they weren't cooked? Surely better to have 5 cooked than 6 egg pizzas? (admittedly she may not have had time)

OK, David has streaked into the lead after that technical :eek:

David might just take it now

Aha, now THIS is a showstopper worthy of a final that I approve of!!!

If they all do equally well in the showstopper, I think David will have it after all.

I wonder if being so upset will make Alice lose her focus, I would be really surprised if she wins now.

Why are they all pouring drinks at the start of the bake? :confused:

Did Alice say the wedding was cancelled??? :eek:

• Advertisement

I didn’t hear anything about a wedding, her parents’ flight back from Ireland was cancelled so they may not be there for the announcement of the winner (was it a Ryanair strike?)

Scarinae wrote: »
    I didn’t hear anything about a wedding, her parents’ flight back from Ireland was cancelled so they may not be there for the announcement of the winner (was it a Ryanair strike?)
    Oh! They were at a wedding in Ireland, I just heard "cancelled" and I thought she meant the wedding!!!

Steph seems stressed and really off form for this showstopper, has doing badly in the technical really put her off?

David seems the calmest. Decoration is so important for this challenge though and the other two are usually better at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Flight was cancelled. Think Steph has lost it now.

Love to know how none of this gets out. If I was at a wedding and my daughter was in the final of bake off I couldnt keep it a secret! :)

If David’s tastes as good as it looks, he must be the winner.

Steph has had a meltdown before and gone on to win (a technical I think).

Christ that is a whopper of a burger that Steph is making :eek:

My head is completely melted looking at all this stuff!!!

I think the showstopper counts for more overall than the technical, so if her showstopper is good (and David’s isn’t) Steph could still win it I think

Dovies wrote: »
    Love to know how none of this gets out. If I was at a wedding and my daughter was in the final of bake off I couldnt keep it a secret! :)

Big crowd there. Lots can keep a secret!

David's blue cheese is very clunky looking.

Other than that, his basket and picnic looked amazing!

• Advertisement

It was Stephs to loose and looks like she lost it

Advertisement