Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Storm Ciara - Reports/Chat/Non Technical

Comments

West Connemara, coastal, conditions have certainly deteroriated since morning, raining now with strong winds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

Graces7 wrote: »
    I am West Mayo and it is dire out here now
    That statement could be said at any time of the year to be fair.

Some heavy bursts of wind and rain, nothing too severe here yet - NW Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

West of Galway city. Its wet and windy but I wouldn't call it stormy yet

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Have to go outside to sort a banging noise. Never seen gale and rain like this out here before and there will be damage. Worse than Brendan, and Red Alert area, deluging like a tap but I have a rain cape then going to bed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Larbre34 wrote: »
    No, any wintry precipitation will be infrequent and on high ground, no point whatsoever gritting widely in driving rain and storm force winds.

So between today and Wednesday there's no chance of slippery roads caused by snow or hail.
    Im not on about frost but hail sleet and snow.

Are you a quarter master on the Co Council :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lovely to see the official Shannon airport page spreading misinformation :https://www.facebook.com/280718768684287/posts/2755207884568684/
    ⚠️Storm Notice⚠️
    It is too early to predict what impact storm Ciara might have, but given the expected severity of winds, we would encourage our passengers to check the status of their flight with their airline before travelling to the airport.
    We will continue to monitor the situation and further updates will be available on the airport’s social media feeds📲 & website www.shannonairport.ie
    Met Éireann’s Orange wind warning for counties including Clare is valid from now till 12:00hr on Sunday.
    Thank you
    😀"

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

None Ciara related. This is Cyclone Damien hitting the North West Coast. This is what you call sustain hurricane force winds.
    https://youtu.be/N0e51P_7vN0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Have to go outside to sort a banging noise. Never seen gale and rain like this out here before and there will be damage. Worse than Brendan, and Red Alert area, deluging like a tap but I have a rain cape then going to bed.

rockall ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

rockall ?

Must be, because every storm is the worst ever.

For the rest of us in exposed areas its just a run of the mill wet and windy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WanderEastWest

So given the upgrade for countrywide orange warning, reckon there will be flight cancellations. I’m due to fly out of Dublin at 10am tomorrow....😬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Up on the 4th floor in an apartment, near Lucan. Fairly getting walloped at the minute. Had a heavy chair on the balcony and took it in. Was moving way too much for my liking already

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

rockall ?

You do know Graces lives on an island off the northwest coast??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

How would we know that unless she mentioned it in every second post?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

uchimata83 wrote: »

She generally signs off every post with West Mayo Offshore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

antodeco wrote: »
    Up on the 4th floor in an apartment, near Lucan. Fairly getting walloped at the minute. Had a heavy chair on the balcony and took it in. Was moving way too much for my liking already

Yes, I'm quite surprised by how windy it is already today in Lucan! Howling down the chimney and a large branch has hit the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

uchimata83 wrote: »

I don't mind that,better than someone telling us about conditions in their area and leaving everyone to guess where they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

You do know that according to her every storm is the worst of all time, but for the rest of us in exposed areas its just a routine wet and windy winters day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Windy in Galway now. Great day to watch the rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

easypazz wrote: »
    You do know that according to her every storm is the worst of all time, but for the rest of us in exposed areas its just a routine wet and windy winters day.

Can we please please cut out this crap which we had in last storm thread too, and just keep on topic? If you don’t like post simple to ignore...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Due to travel up to Bunbeg on Monday, anyone know what it's due to be like then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

snowgal wrote: »
    Can we please please cut out this crap which we had in last storm thread too, and just keep on topic? If you don’t like post simple to ignore...

Well said!
    It irritates me no end when reading threads to see somebody "dissing" comments and obversations by folks on here. For the record I have lived most of my life in a very exposed coastal area in Co.Galway and conditions have certainly deteriorated over the last 40 mins. It certainly is not a normal windy and wet afternoon....if it was I'd be out getting my veg plot ready for the Spring! Glad I was first in the door at the polling station this morning.

Due to travel up to Bunbeg on Monday, anyone know what it's due to be like then?

Small village, a bit off the beaten track. Bunbeg doesn't change much.

Stay safe. Thinking of you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

For the conversion attempt after the last and bonus point try Ireland scored against Wales the ball had to be held by another player before the kicker kicked the missed attempt. So it must have become windy in the Aviva Stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭endainoz

Jpmarn wrote: »
    For the conversion attempt after the last and bonus point try Ireland scored against Wales the ball had to be held by another player before the kicker kicked the missed attempt. So it must have become windy in the Aviva Stadium.

Thanks for the update Fiachra

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Ok, the letter box is starting to flap. That's the non scientific weather warning in our gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Jpmarn wrote: »

Check out the wind in the Scotland v England match Murrayfield .. from the English end. Whenever they kick high it goes back behind them. Farrell has missed a few .. ones he would normally get. Ball has to be kept very low when kicking. Wind is and will have a huge impact on this match. Even the lineouts, forget long ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Waterford City - nothing out of the ordinary but for the occasional severe blast of wind which lasts a few seconds at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭pad199207

Very gusty in Kildare now with driving rain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

pad199207 wrote: »
    Very gusty in Kildare now with driving rain

Yeah rains just started properly in Arklow
    Very windy all afternoon gust of 84 around 3pm
    82kmh a few mins ago

If it's doing that now...

Advertisement