Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane Girl discussion?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

I even think this thread should be locked. No mention of it at all would be best.

I agree. We should lock the rest of the internets too. Somebody should contact Senator Fidelma Healy-Eame.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Not relevant to the topic. My username would suggest that I spend all my free time shopping, but it's not an accurate reflection of reality. Does your username have any specific meaning in the context of your life or outlook?

Nor is your username (or mine) referring casually to a pretty horrendous practice. If somebody had a username like 'Gang_rape_FTW' which was (presumably) also not a reflection of the reality of the poster, would you be also jumping in to defend them? It's the same principle.

However since somebody else has pointed out that the user's avatar makes it clear that the username refers to something else and I can't see avatars, I stand corrected on my original point.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

MadsL wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for doubling the amount of mods on AH? With utmost respect to current mods I have been getting the feeling that the modding has been less visible over the past few months. Perhaps because of deletions rather than locks and bans by PM not on thread.

With respect, 20 AH mods probably wouldn't have stopped that thread going like it did due to the hours most of the activity took place on; in the early hours of a Monday morning. It's unfair to use this situation as any kind of an example of the moderation of AH over the past few months.

A new mod was added a few weeks ago and it's possible more might be added in the coming weeks, but summer is always a more hectic time for everyone, whether it be holidays, work, weddings, parties, concerts etc. Suggesting that the mod team needs to be doubled is frankly an unfair assessment of the work and efforts of the current team.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,274 ✭✭✭✭K-9

btard wrote: »
    I agree. We should lock the rest of the internets too. Somebody should contact Senator Fidelma Healy-Eame.

Or they could just go on twitter, facebook etc. and discuss it, Boards as a site has the freedom to ban discussion of stuff like this, I don't think we are expecting other sites to follow us in droves. Looking at the topic on twitter we aren't missing out on much anyway!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Penn wrote: »
    With respect, 20 AH mods probably wouldn't have stopped that thread going like it did due to the hours most of the activity took place on; in the early hours of a Monday morning. It's unfair to use this situation as any kind of an example of the moderation of AH over the past few months.

A new mod was added a few weeks ago and it's possible more might be added in the coming weeks, but summer is always a more hectic time for everyone, whether it be holidays, work, weddings, parties, concerts etc. Suggesting that the mod team needs to be doubled is frankly an unfair assessment of the work and efforts of the current team.

Penn, I'm not diminishing anyone's work and you have heard me say over and over how much I respect the mods work and dedication. I'm staggered at the number of posts the mods have to wade through. Yesterday there were over 2,000 posts made in AH in a 24 hour period. That's almost 300 each on a daily basis; admittedly not all are troublesome but that is still a tremendous workload.

Suggesting getting them more help isn't criticism, it's an assessment of how much work is involved and how much the forum has grown. I did an (unscientific) test of the same date last year and there were 300 posts fewer.

Out of interest, why would doubling the number of mods be a bad thing, surely more should be better? Is there a downside?

Once again, utmost respect on my part for the work the mods do, after all they have to deal with assholes like me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Jernal wrote: »
    100% agree with the thread being closed and deleted. Some of the posts in it were borderline libellous!

At least the discussion is now back on this thread - its exactly the same stuff being discussed minus the trolls! If mods were on last night it would have been contained for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Just going to leave this here and am now saying that there will be no more discussion on this matter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement