Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do people no longer take sugar in their tea?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Growing up in my house nobody used sugar in their tea but we always kept a bowl of sugar

• Registered Users Posts: 20,317 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

This is Lent, so a good time for anyone to give it up if they want to. As posted before it only took me a short time to get used to it. Many years ago, when I used to give up things for Lent.

Here is my most recent recipe for a nice mug of tea. Put a big mug of water in the microwave. Boiling it first in the kettle speeds up the process. Heat for 2 minutes. Carefully remove the mug and from a short distance throw in a teabag. The water will bubble up violently for a few seconds. Stir in the bag to the desired strength and add milk to taste.

This is another recipe.

https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/best-way-make-tea-microwave-according-science/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

One and a half to two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Sugar in tae lad? Absolute blasphemy. Off to purgatory with ya. Barry's tea black is the only way to go.

Yeah same as the wife.

Once you go black she said you dont go back.

She's lying though, she always puts milk in her tea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭ Juelz Sharp Weekend

Never tasted it with sugar. We weren't allowed as children and it just seems a strange concept to me now. Black Barry's made with tea leaves for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

I like my tea supersaturated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

Tacklebox wrote: »
    I have tea with my sugar...

my friend too. FIVE sugars in one cup of tea:confused:

surely after maybe two sugars, it's totally pointless? doubt it even dissolves

• Never took sugar in tea, if you mixed tea that had sugar with a spoon and then mixed my tea I’d know. A like a good shot of milk though.

On the other hand I always take sugar in my coffee and wouldn’t drink it without.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

A quarter of a teaspoon in tea and 4 teaspoons in coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,778 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Tea , no sugar no milk .

Coffee no milk but sugar .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Very strong tea with a splash of milk and no sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Very strong tea with a splash of milk and no sugar.

Do you leave the teabag in

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sugar in tea but I prefer sweetener in coffee. Hermesetas is only sweetener that isn't horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Do you leave the teabag in

Sometimes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Gave up sugar in tea for Lent as a child. Never went back on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

havent put sugar in tae for donkeys years,but on a hangover morning i"ll always throw 1 in:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I gave up sugar in my tea when I was a teenager for Lent and never went back on it. I'd spit it out now if there was sugar put in my tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The pink killer

Two yokes in me tea and a gurn for desert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I'm sweet borderline diabetic enough, thanks.

I'd throw up if someone put sugar, or any more than a threat of milk in my tea or coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

You get enough sugar from nearly every other sugar packed food in supermarkets in our society, no need for extra teaspoons of it

Ive a bad sweet tooth but for some reason I think sugar in tea tastes absolutely disgusting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

I used to take nearly 3 spoonfuls in a cup of tea/coffee 5-6 times a day, recently switched to using a sweetener and don't think I'll ever go back to sugar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

Don't take sugar in my tea but then again the tea I like is sweet anyway (peppermint)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Never took sugar in tea, if you mixed tea that had sugar with a spoon and then mixed my tea I’d know. A like a good shot of milk though.

On the other hand I always take sugar in my coffee and wouldn’t drink it without.

My mother was like that - she knew instantly if you stirred her tea with a spoon that had stirred sugared tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I used to put two sugars in my tea. Then I went to one and then I just stopped. Don't know why, it just began to taste unbearably sweet? Can't imagine drinking it with sugar now

• Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

No sugar, but there is sugar in milk - lactose and it adds enough sweetness to my tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Never have taken sugar in tea or coffee. Both taste completely different and not nice with sugar. Ruins both drinks! All I can taste is the sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Don't put sugar or milk in tea or coffee, both absolutely destroy the taste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I'm not a fan of tea or coffee but I'd drink them out of politeness if I was in someones house and they offered me a cup or on rare occasions I have a cup of coffee at home if I want to wake myself up. I'd take two spoons of sugar in a cup of tea and somewhere between four and seven in a cup of coffee.

Advertisement