Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Turas Nua and part time work

Options
  • 09-05-2021 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,

I have until the end of Aug left with Turas Nua but I have an interview in the morning (havent told them) for a part time job. Having read all the horror stories, I am just wondering will they hound my new employer if I do get the position?

I obviously havent/ dont plan to mention it at the interview. It is only a position for 15 hours. Has anyone any experience of what will happen? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,923 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hi,

I have until the end of Aug left with Turas Nua but I have an interview in the morning (havent told them) for a part time job. Having read all the horror stories, I am just wondering will they hound my new employer if I do get the position?

I obviously havent/ dont plan to mention it at the interview. It is only a position for 15 hours. Has anyone any experience of what will happen? Thanks

Hi,

Assuming you got the position yourself!!

From personal experience a few years back this shower will attempt to take credit for finding the position, it's all about their Fee which they get if they assist you in getting a position. They will attempt to get employer fill out form/questionnaire that in around about way confirms there involvement etc in order for them to claim fees from SW.

I'm assuming you'll be reverting to a reduced hours payment? If so I'd advise you tell SW you got the POSITION yourself . You are not obligated to tell Turas Nua who your employer is and I'd email whomever your dealing with at Turas Nua that you've succeeded in getting a part time job through your own efforts and advise NO contact with employer permitted.

In a sense you could say nothing to Turas Nua, continue with the sillyness as your finishing with them soon, I'm just not sure if SW will tell them but I believe contact between the two limited unless Turas Nua claiming your not engaging.

Bottom line, make it abundantly clear your employer wants no contact etc etc and your not obliged to share that info.

Good luck

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 FriendlySpider

Hi,

Yes I found and applied for this job on my own, Turas Nua have only recommend one job to me during this round with them and it was my last employer that let me go for a family member to take my position ha!

I'm currently in the middle of their new three part interview course that drags out for three days but is spaced over 6 weeks. So my next meeting with the PA isn't until the 25th.

I had a feeling they would try to do that and its kind of embarrassing if you do get a job that this shower start to butt in. I did disclose on the phone to my potential new employer about being on jobseekers and having to changed to a reduced payment but that was all.

Really appreciate your help, I will talk to the SW and maybe say I've a trial or something if I do get it to make it seem like Turas Nua could jeopardise the position.
    thank you.

Hi,

Yes I found and applied for this job on my own, Turas Nua have only recommend one job to me during this round with them and it was my last employer that let me go for a family member to take my position ha!

I'm currently in the middle of their new three part interview course that drags out for three days but is spaced over 6 weeks. So my next meeting with the PA isn't until the 25th.

I had a feeling they would try to do that and its kind of embarrassing if you do get a job that this shower start to butt in. I did disclose on the phone to my potential new employer about being on jobseekers and having to changed to a reduced payment but that was all.

Really appreciate your help, I will talk to the SW and maybe say I've a trial or something if I do get it to make it seem like Turas Nua could jeopardise the position.
    thank you.

In my own past experience, my situation was actually reduced hours, not full unemployment, I'd been with same employer for years, this was at a time Turas Nua getting referrals by the bucket load. I had zero need to look for another job but played the game for a few months, when going back to full hours and leaving this shower, the fun commenced, unsolicited contacts with my employer, fragrant attempts to take credit for a job I already had, data breaches and border line harassment of my employer. It ended with serious complaint lodged by my employer to both SW and data protection commissioner and without going to much into the outcome, it did not end pleasantly for Turas Nua and included a grovelling apology and more.

It's just beggar's belief this Jobspath scam still in existence to be honest.

Hold firm and take no nonsense

Good luck

Dempo1 wrote: »
    In my own past experience, my situation was actually reduced hours, not full unemployment, I'd been with same employer for years, this was at a time Turas Nua getting referrals by the bucket load. I had zero need to look for another job but played the game for a few months, when going back to full hours and leaving this shower, the fun commenced, unsolicited contacts with my employer, fragrant attempts to take credit for a job I already had, data breaches and border line harassment of my employer. It ended with serious complaint lodged by my employer to both SW and data protection commissioner and without going to much into the outcome, it did not end pleasantly for Turas Nua and included a grovelling apology and more.

It's just beggar's belief this Jobspath scam still in existence to be honest.

Hold firm and take no nonsense

Good luck

Yeah its hard to believe that this is allowed to happen, some employers wouldnt want the hassle so in turn they could losing jobs for people.

My PA in a previous call informed me that they will be continuing until 2028!! With Turas Nua unofficially having the contract until then. They are launching a Jobpath 2 (God only knows what this will be) in 2024. Supposedly its all under the radar as the government cant be seen to be pushing getting the unemployment numbers down whilst people are on PUP.

Back to my own situation, I was offered the position on a months trial to begin with. Not 100% if I am starting this week or next but it gives me some time to think of what I will say to the SW with regards to Turas Nua. They did not help me at all get this position so not a chance am I going to give them the credit for it. Think I will go down the route of it only being a trial and my employer doesnt want his details being passed on to third parties or something along those line.

I was more worried about how to deal with Turas Nua rather then going for the actual interview, which is ridiculous! Thanks for the advice, appreciate it.

** UPDATE**

I informed the social welfare to change my payment to casual dockets and asked them if I have to inform turas nua, the woman basically said its up to me if I tell Turas Nua and they wouldnt be informing them. She said this a good few times to me.

Im just in dilemma if I tell do them and stick to my guns about not telling them who I work for and if I dont tell them and they try to make me do courses on a day on employment or put me forward for other jobs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

** UPDATE**

I informed the social welfare to change my payment to casual dockets and asked them if I have to inform turas nua, the woman basically said its up to me if I tell Turas Nua and they wouldnt be informing them. She said this a good few times to me.

Im just in dilemma if I tell do them and stick to my guns about not telling them who I work for and if I dont tell them and they try to make me do courses on a day on employment or put me forward for other jobs?

Don't tell them, they don't need to know as its none of their business, they tried to hound me personally via email when I got my job, again NOTHING to do with their assistance, if you can even call it that. I just ignored them and after a year they stopped trying, if you even say your employeers business name they will hound him 100%

** UPDATE**

Again, tell Turas Nua nothing, as SW have confirmed, it's up to you. When and if the time comes when they ask you do something requiring your presence then not only can you tell them your terribly sorry your working (PT) and mention you've long since informed SW etc etc. It's really just a game with this shower, tick the boxes etc, this jobs path has lost all credibility and they know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Just reading this thread now and regretting having responded to them today by email.

Ive been working for a good few months now and they're still texting me, emailing me, ringing me to ask me am I working and "offer support"

Responded to them today to ask them to remove me from their contact list as I have been in work for months. I confirmed who I was employed by. Possibly a mistake by the looks of it. Are they going to start hounding my employer now?

How can they still be trying to contact me after months in employment?

Even during the time I spent engaging with them, they helped me in absolutely no way whatsoever. In fact, I ended up giving a load of career advice to the member of staff who was calling me!! I helped a Turas Nua employee to get a job. Couldnt make it up.

Just reading this thread now and regretting having responded to them today by email.

Ive been working for a good few months now and they're still texting me, emailing me, ringing me to ask me am I working and "offer support"

Responded to them today to ask them to remove me from their contact list as I have been in work for months. I confirmed who I was employed by. Possibly a mistake by the looks of it. Are they going to start hounding my employer now?

How can they still be trying to contact me after months in employment?

Even during the time I spent engaging with them, they helped me in absolutely no way whatsoever. In fact, I ended up giving a load of career advice to the member of staff who was calling me!! I helped a Turas Nua employee to get a job. Couldnt make it up.

I would immediately follow up and advise them absolutely no contact to be made with your employer.

I am assuming you either signed off SW or changed payment type? (P/T)

It would seem clients are supposed to Formally end engagement with these god awful companies, you'd think when CLOSING or changing SW payment, this would trigger a communication to Turas Nua but its becoming increasingly obvious there's little or no contact between the two unless of course Turas Nua looking to claim a client not engaging etc.

I'd be pretty confident this shower will now attempt to take credit in order to get fee's from SW, so not sure if this option available to you but I'd touch base with SW, explain situation but I'd certainly email Turas Nua and advise no contact with employer and highlight in Bold, a position YOU got with little or no assistance etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I would immediately follow up and advise them absolutely no contact to be made with your employer.

I am assuming you either signed off SW or changed payment type? (P/T)

It would seem clients are supposed to Formally end engagement with these god awful companies, you'd think when CLOSING or changing SW payment, this would trigger a communication to Turas Nua but its becoming increasingly obvious there's little or no contact between the two unless of course Turas Nua looking to claim a client not engaging etc.

I'd be pretty confident this shower will now attempt to take credit in order to get fee's from SW, so not sure if this option available to you but I'd touch base with SW, explain situation but I'd certainly email Turas Nua and advise no contact with employer and highlight in Bold, a position YOU got with little or no assistance etc etc.

Thanks a million for your advice. I called them back.

Got talking to someone who initially said that I would have to accept their calls every few months until next year.

I said no to this as I have been signed off all SW for months .I also cooperated fully when I was on SW payments even though I was working part-time and Turas werent helping me in the slightest to get full-time work.

The staff member then advised me to email hello@turasnua.ie instructing them to cease all contact with myself and my employer. In the email I also stated that I secured my job without their assistance.

Hopefully that's the end of it now.

UPDATE: Just got a response confirming that they will not contact myself or my employer again, as per my right to revoke all such consent.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million for your advice. I called them back.

Got talking to someone who initially said that I would have to accept their calls every few months until next year.

I said no to this as I have been signed off all SW for months .I also cooperated fully when I was on SW payments even though I was working part-time and Turas werent helping me in the slightest to get full-time work.

The staff member then advised me to email hello@turasnua.ie instructing them to cease all contact with myself and my employer. In the email I also stated that I secured my job without their assistance.

Hopefully that's the end of it now.

UPDATE: Just got a response confirming that they will not contact myself or my employer again, as per my right to revoke all such consent.

Excellent, they are some shower of S******

Once you've signed off on all SW job related benifits, your under no obligation to continue engagement.

Well done and good luck :)

Advertisement