Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish conversation

• 24-01-2021 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I am looking for someone to converse online with in Irish. I am looking to upskill my oral language skills.
    thanks.
    Treasa
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

There's a Gaeilge forum which might be better.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=31

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Moving thread to Gaeilge forum where it would be more suited. Will be reopened when local mods can review.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Necro wrote: »
    Mod:

Moving thread to Gaeilge forum where it would be more suited. Will be reopened when local mods can review.

Go raibh maith agat, here is perfect for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I would recommend italki.com. I've been doing Japanese with a native over the past month and it's really helped. She's a "Community Teacher", meaning she's not professional but is still perfect for practicing. She's actually very good at teaching too, as it happens. It's around €5-€15 per hour for a community teacher, but around 30 for a professional.

There are several Irish teachers there too so no problem finding someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cathellen

If you're signed up with Duolingo they have free chat groups on Zoom....no commitment. Go to 'events,' choose Irish and pick your class. But you're right you'd get a lot more chat in a 1 to 1 situation. What level Irish do you have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭lucalux

Cathellen wrote: »
    If you're signed up with Duolingo they have free chat groups on Zoom....no commitment. Go to 'events,' choose Irish and pick your class. But you're right you'd get a lot more chat in a 1 to 1 situation. What level Irish do you have

Thanks I hadn't noticed this feature on the website before, going to try one out, despite being awful at all the languages :)

Advertisement