Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sony headphone deals on Amazon up to 30% off

• 07-12-2020 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

Don't know how good these deals are, but I've personally been looking for an entry-level pair of noise-cancelling headphones, and I noticed a banner for last-minute Christmas deals on Amazon UK. Clicked it and saw "up to 30% off Sony headphones."

The blue design on the Sony WH-CH700N caught my eye and they're going for 25% off on Amazon UK (around €82). A quick comparison with Power City and Currys shows savings of around €17, which is decent enough if you have Prime membership I suppose.

Here's the full list of discounted Sony headphones if anyone's curious.

Comments

If you're looking for wireless earphones I'd have a read of the last few pages of this thread. :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115521369#post115521369

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

roro1990 wrote: »
    Don't know how good these deals are, but I've personally been looking for an entry-level pair of noise-cancelling headphones, and I noticed a banner for last-minute Christmas deals on Amazon UK. Clicked it and saw "up to 30% off Sony headphones."

The blue design on the [URL=""]Sony WH-CH700N[/URL] caught my eye and they're going for 25% off on Amazon UK (around €82). A quick comparison with Power City and Currys shows savings of around €17, which is decent enough if you have Prime membership I suppose.

Here's the full list of [URL=""]discounted Sony headphones[/URL] if anyone's curious.

I got 3 pairs of Sony WH-CH700N this time last year - for my kids and for myself. We've all been happy with them. Have mine around my neck even as I write!
    They're at £75 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

sector_000 wrote: »
    I got 3 pairs of Sony WH-CH700N this time last year - for my kids and for myself. We've all been happy with them. Have mine around my neck even as I write!
    They're at £75 now.

I ended up ordering these so so it's nice to hear a good report about them. I go out for walks a lot so I'm hoping they're decent for that. Can't imagine they'd work very well when going for a run though? Prob need earbuds for my runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

I ended up ordering these so so it's nice to hear a good report about them. I go out for walks a lot so I'm hoping they're decent for that. Can't imagine they'd work very well when going for a run though? Prob need earbuds for my runs.

Hard to say about running - with all that impact movement.
    However, I use them regularly on my bike rides! There I find it best to turn the noise cancelling off... otherwise, the noise-cancelling doesn't work well with all the wind rush hitting the mics.

My son dropped his headphones & got it squashed by a car tyre. He's about to order same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

The blue design on the [URL=""]Sony WH-CH700N[/URL] caught my eye and they're going for 25% off on Amazon UK (around €82). A quick comparison with Power City and Currys shows savings of around €17, which is decent enough if you have Prime membership I suppose.

Here's the full list of [URL=""]discounted Sony headphones[/URL] if anyone's curious.

If you want a entry level set of entry level headphones I can recommend the Mpow H12s
    Have a look at the reviews
    Brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

smilerf wrote: »
    If you want a entry level set of entry level headphones I can recommend the Mpow H12s
    Have a look at the reviews
    Brilliant

And they are available for £45 quid on amazon at the minute too

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mpow-Cancelling-Headphones-Bluetooth-Wireless-Black/dp/B0899XBCT1/ref=sr_1_5?crid=DX2KT6T4K1HE&dchild=1&keywords=mpow+h12+headphones&qid=1607522618&s=electronics&sprefix=Mpow+h12%2Celectronics%2C149&sr=1-5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

39 quid right now

Advertisement