Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

I am loving the skill to summon Rakks....

I'm playing around with the skills calculator, so i'll see what i think with the other 3 before i make the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah Amara's the easiest to get working. I made a Fl4k and it was good but no Amara, haven't really tried the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Moze has limited options for healing compared to the others and iron bear is useless still except for regenerating shields. There are builds that really do work for her but I don't find spamming nades and chucking tedior weapons fun.

My Moze is based around low-health+kills increasing damage, and using ancillary skills that trade health for shield strength + those that increase shield capacity and recharge rates. For gear I coupled that all with a high capacity shield (purple only, but has +25% and +80% for the additional perks so it's at 16K, with my build modifiers runs around 48K). Artefact is a Last Stand Deathless, reduce health to 1 while doubling shields and improving recharge, so all of my damage skills linked to lower health are maxed. The mod is Desperate Entrenched Blood-Letter, which besides some other nice perks (and an unfortunate hit to recharge) makes the shields 'heal', anything that would normally affect health instead applies to my shields. Top that off with a Power Siphon Transfusion Longbow grenade that heals 120% shields and 60% health (which due to my mod adds to shields instead again).
    Basically it's a run'n'gun machine, no 'nade spam required. Between Drowning in Brass and Phalanx Doctrine the more I kill the more damage I do, and my shields are regularly getting boosted to 70-80K by the latter, which in turn can heal from any health source.
    I know there may be more DPS effective builds but this is my favourite end-game as it suits my play style and does not limit me to certain weapon types while effectively mitigating the healing gap you mentioned she has versus some of the others.

• How are you dealing with shock damage Creed? It's the only reason I'm using the transformer still, there are definitely better options in purple shields or are your shields high enough you don't get wiped from shock right away? Think mine are up to 47k before phalanx, I only invested 1 in last I respecced for some reason, can't recall my thinking in not going higher, likely the com was adding points to it. Sounds like you went all in + the COM on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

How are you dealing with shock damage Creed? It's the only reason I'm using the transformer still, there are definitely better options in purple shields or are your shields high enough you don't get wiped from shock right away? Think mine are up to 47k before phalanx, I only invested 1 in last I respecced for some reason, can't recall my thinking in not going higher, likely the com was adding points to it. Sounds like you went all in + the COM on it?

I have the build skill to fire while sprinting and my primary is a burst-fire cryo Hawken which is very easy to manage and keep accurate while running. Also I start shield recharge on crits (which again with the Hawken are easy enough to proc). The only time I'm in any real danger is the first few moments of a fight, or a Boss with few adds. I'm moving fast enough to dodge most fire, after 2-3 kills my shields and damage are moving towards insane so there are very few times that even shock heavy opponents are an issue. And when that does happen, it's time for Mr. Nibbles (my Iron bear :), similar to Ropedrink I run corrosive rail and also the explosive main and it's been buffed enough recently to be pretty decent). In about 40 hours or so end game with this build I'd say I've died from combat maybe 2-3 times, FFL probably twice that and in nearly every case it was just because I wasn't watching what I was doing not insurmountable force.

• Advertisement

• Loot drops getting a boost from tomorrow on named bosses and enemies https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-01-15-borderlands-3-farming-frenzy/

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Seems a really odd move to roll out the takedown scaling as an time limited event. With matchmaking being pure and utter horsesh*t, surely this needs to be a permanent addition.

I'm hoping this is more of a tech test that they are framing as a "timed event".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

goon_magee wrote: »
    Seems a really odd move to roll out the takedown scaling as an time limited event. With matchmaking being pure and utter horsesh*t, surely this needs to be a permanent addition.

I'm hoping this is more of a tech test that they are framing as a "timed event".

Yeah I don't see why they can't scale it to people in your party like with everything else. I tried running the Maliwan thing on my own and made it a bit into it then got absolutely creamed out of nowhere. I'll run it again now that it's scaled down, but scaling it back up in the future is just annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just finished the main campaign last night. About 31 hours with no side quests done. Gonna use them to level up using mayhem mode.

Loving it so far. It’s not giving me that destiny addiction that I had all those years ago but the levelling, the grind, the loot is all plain to see.

Looking forward to getting into the end game stuff and the dlc.

Is there any reason to have multiple characters other than nice to have, use their abilities etc?

There’s only so many hours in a day. :-(

• Advertisement

Is there any reason to have multiple characters other than nice to have, use their abilities etc?

Not really it's not like Destiny (early days) when you really needed a solar Warlock in the Raid or a Titan for his bubble. I made 4 but really only played two, Amara which is in my opinion the most fun and Fl4k

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Not really it's not like Destiny (early days) when you really needed a solar Warlock in the Raid or a Titan for his bubble. I made 4 but really only played two, Amara which is in my opinion the most fun and Fl4k

Thanks Gimli. I’m running Amara and enjoying her so I’ll give the others a kiss for now so and just focus on the end game stuff instead.

Thanks Gimli. I’m running Amara and enjoying her so I’ll give the others a kiss for now so and just focus on the end game stuff instead.

The thing about Amara (and the other characters, I think) is you can make her a totally different character through the skill tree. I respecced a lot but settled really on the phase-grasp Green , Red trees.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The thing about Amara (and the other characters, I think) is you can make her a totally different character through the skill tree. I respecced a lot but settled really on the phase-grasp Green , Red trees.

I’ve used green only so far. Used every token to unlock the green bar. Was convinced I needed it to stay alive longer.

It took me while but I finally came around to putting 5 in sustainment? it's the last Red one on the left (recover health through elemental damage) and the cap skill which gives you an extra 18% gun damage. It's really good for keeping you alive. There's a lot of good stuff on the green. I go down to the one that gets you up if you die, you really only need it rarely but I'm so used to it now I'm too careless to drop it.

Solo'd the Maliwan Takedown over the weekend. Last boss fight still pretty tough (especially as I knew nothing of its attack patterns or general strategies going into the fight).

I hope they don't scale it back up though. It's a decent bit of endgame content for solo players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

I just acquired over 13 million in cash and I have no idea where it came from. It was somewhere around finishing the demon in the dark mission. There was never a 13 mill reward for that, was there?

Damn the Troy Boss fight is hard.

Yester wrote: »
    Damn the Troy Boss fight is hard.

It was tough and them my mate said after we beat it you know you can jump off the platform.

????????????

You couldn't have told me that earlier?

• I only knew that as it was something I saw in a cheese video they since patched out.

• Advertisement

that would make it a lot harder

Best I've managed so far is to get him down to half health. The trick of getting him to fall into the water doesn't seem to work anymore. I really don't want to switch to easy mode but it's starting to feel like work.

if you're under levelled it may just need you to level up a couple of times he is a pain though

I'm level 40 and playing Zane. I haven't had a real challenge since Killavolt so I guess this was overdue. I see some suggestions online that his damage is glitched so I'm going to check for updates. Failing that I'm going to re-spec and see if Zanes Barrier helps.

Yeah same. Killavolt, this guy and the last boss were all spikes in difficulty for us. Level 40 should be ok but it would be easier of course if you were higher. He just does so much damage with his melee and stupid purple orbs.

Can't say I found him too much of a challenge at all, but maybe that was due to elemental resistance and movement boosts as Amara. His fight was more just annoying with the repeated immunity phases.

my problem was probably I hadn't settled on a build, I was constantly respeccing and some of them were rather bad

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't remember him being difficult. What i do remember is running low on ammo a few times.

Ammo doesn't seem to be a problem as loads of it end up scattered around the arena. I got Zanes barrier up and running which helps a bit. Nearly got him on my last try.

• Advertisement

Finally got him. It was nearly worth it for the "to be continued" moment.

Advertisement