Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunstroke 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Doesn't say more to be announced on the poster anymore so this could be it, any word on how ticket sales are going?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Doesn't say more to be announced on the poster anymore so this could be it, any word on how ticket sales are going?

I'm surprised Therapy? aren't on that bill...

If there's three stages each day, I reckon they'll have to add more to the bill.

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Think they messed up badly by not having Maiden headline instead of playing Belfast twice on same tour. Would have drawn a bigger crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

psychozeb wrote: »
    Think they messed up badly by not having Maiden headline instead of playing Belfast twice on same tour. Would have drawn a bigger crowd.

Availability would mean they couldn't. Download saturday so that's the sunday ruled out. Seems they're aiming at a level below that though, but maybe that'll change in the future

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »
    Availability would mean they couldn't. Download saturday so that's the sunday ruled out. Seems they're aiming at a level below that though, but maybe that'll change in the future

Yea exactly, it looks like they are gonna start small and build up the festival which is good instead of going straight for the larger headliners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yea exactly, it looks like they are gonna start small and build up the festival which is good instead of going straight for the larger headliners.

Feels odd saying that when both bands are headlining the major French metal festival that sells 55k tickets before a band is announced. Will be interesting to see if itll grow and get major headliners. I can see Alice in Chains doing this one of the years

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

What french metal festival is selling 55k tickets before an act is announced? France is a great spot for festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Penfailed wrote: »
    I'm surprised Therapy? aren't on that bill...

If there's three stages each day, I reckon they'll have to add more to the bill.

Oddly enough, Therapy are playing Indiependence in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

MadYaker wrote: »
    What french metal festival is selling 55k tickets before an act is announced? France is a great spot for festivals.

Hellfest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I plan on driving to this - is there a carpark nearby, or will there a 'park & ride' thing? I'll be driving from the south.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

fyfe79 wrote: »
    I plan on driving to this - is there a carpark nearby, or will there a 'park & ride' thing? I'll be driving from the south.

I assume they will have parking on site... like Oxegen did back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The later years of Oxegen had park and ride from Goffs, near Kill. It was around 10-15 mins in the shuttle bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Was there for AC/DC and Bon Jovi and they had a decent sized car park for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭thebourke

sunstroke ticket is more or less same price as guns n roses gold circle!
    Crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭limabromac

Anyone know if camping covers arrival on Friday afternoon?

thebourke wrote: »
    sunstroke ticket is more or less same price as guns n roses gold circle!
    Crazy

It's less!! (at least without camp for weekend)

Just chalked myself in this...this morn paid €130 in an outlet for weekend without camping that's bout 20 quid more than gen ad for Guns!!

Defo the right choice to start off with sizeable acts rather than the mega as heads imo, tough to gage appetite for this sort of thing that people have claimed is the case for years if Maiden as suggested were a headliner for example. We'll see hopefully it's a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭thebourke

i am hoping to do the following

sunstroke both days....
    maiden belfast (have ticket already)
    graspop metal festival (seriously thinking of going)
    guns n roses (have ticket already)

all in june!

thebourke wrote: »
    sunstroke both days....
    maiden belfast (have ticket already)
    graspop metal festival (seriously thinking of going)
    guns n roses (have ticket already)

all in june!

Apart from Maiden have those sorted meself :cool:

I'd have gone Maiden too had it fell better for me but they are at Graspop so no real biggy!

That's me going. Santa bought me a ticket :)

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Wonder what bands will be announced later in the year? Id love the likes of Fever 333, Twin Atlantic or The Subways etc.

• Advertisement

Wonder what bands will be announced later in the year? Id love the likes of Fever 333, Twin Atlantic or The Subways etc.

As I think I said earlier in the thread, I'm very surprised that Therapy? aren't on the line up already.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Can't see anyone else being added if you even give it 8 bands per stage average it's fairly full as is.

As I think I said earlier in the thread, I'm very surprised that Therapy? aren't on the line up already.

Its probably because they have their own Olympia show this year

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Id love to see SevenDust get added. They are in Europe this summer I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

wonder will it be the same as oxygen, everyone back to the campsite after the bands or will there be decent late night stuff going on.

Can't see anyone else being added if you even give it 8 bands per stage average it's fairly full as is.

Unless the music isn't starting until 2pm each day or there's an early curfew, they'd want more than 7 or 8 bands per stage per day. The alternative would be that the bands have longer sets...or longer gaps between bands...?

Unless the music isn't starting until 2pm each day or there's an early curfew, they'd want more than 7 or 8 bands per stage per day. The alternative would be that the bands have longer sets...or longer gaps between bands...?

Yea if they are gonna start the bands from 12 pm id say we there will be a few other bands announced since the majority of bands at festivals only get like 30-35 mins (bar sub headliners and headliners).

Or maybe they will do a set up where there are no clashes between the stages.

Id be shocked if they dont have another band announced since its very rare for a festival to have its full line up announced 8 or so months ahead of the festival.
    D.Q wrote: »
    wonder will it be the same as oxygen, everyone back to the campsite after the bands or will there be decent late night stuff going on.

Yea i hope there is something after the bands finish up in the campsite,even a tent or silent disco etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Vex Red are back together, would be great to see them booked.

Not gonna lie im seriously looking forward to catching these lads live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I caught them at Download - wasn't really sure what to expect - they're just so much fun :D:D

I can only assume Don Broco's T-Shirt Song is in homage :pac:

Advertisement