Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iPad mini Availability [Merged]

• 30-11-2012 3:19pm
    Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any idea where to get an iPad Mini? Everywhere I've tried is out of stock and Apple are not taking any more orders for delivery before Xmas!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭The-Rafalution

Are you sure? Went through the ordering stage on Apple.ie and says delivery date December 20th for ipad mini??

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Are you sure? Went through the ordering stage on Apple.ie and says delivery date December 20th for ipad mini??

At the end of the ordering process it says 30th Dec and when I rang Apple they said they couldn't honour any orders for delivery before Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭wilfitz

Are you ordering the iPad mini on its own or have you ordered other stuff with it ie smart cases? If so try ordering it on its own.

wilfitz wrote: »
    Are you ordering the iPad mini on its own or have you ordered other stuff with it ie smart cases? If so try ordering it on its own.

I removed the cover and the delivery date is now the 20th December. Thanks, great advice. You'd wonder why the sales assistant couldn't have known this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Apple often change the dates of delivery so dont be surprised if your ipad doesnt get to you until after Xmas (and the New Year)

• Advertisement

LFCFan wrote: »

I removed the cover and the delivery date is now the 20th December. Thanks, great advice. You'd wonder why the sales assistant couldn't have known this!!
    Order the cover now and you should get that in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

miralize wrote: »
    Apple often change the dates of delivery so dont be surprised if your ipad doesnt get to you until after Xmas (and the New Year)

In my experience if they change the shipping date its usually brought forward and not
    pushed back. You should be ok but they have to tell everyone who ordered after last
    Tuesday that their order is no longer GUARANTEED before Christmas.

In regards to ordering the cover now, i wouldnt as you will be charged for shipping.
    You should find the covers in store, even if the ipad minis are nowhere to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

In my experience if they change the shipping date its usually brought forward and not
    pushed back. You should be ok but they have to tell everyone who ordered after last

In regards to ordering the cover now, i wouldnt as you will be charged for shipping.
    You should find the covers in store, even if the ipad minis are nowhere to be seen.
    i've had experience of it both taking longer and shorter amounts of time, but as you say, it's usually shorter... they're just covering their asses yep..

I got my cover shipped for free. Hopefully it will arrive before Christmas for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I got one in the apple shop in Belfast yesterday. They looked to have about 20 at the checkout around 2pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

I got one in the apple shop in Belfast yesterday. They looked to have about 20 at the checkout around 2pm.

did you have to reserve it or was there stock available for walk-in sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

It was walk in.

They were sold out the week before, so it will be hit and miss, but i think you should be able to phone them to check stock if it is a bit of a trip for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

miralize wrote: »

I ordered one last week with delivery date of 14th dec. that's been shipped already and on route for the 6th. The good woman last night tells me she wants the bigger iPad and now begin the process of cancelling order. Agent was extremely helpful.

Was told that expert stores had stock of them after ordering online

• Registered Users Posts: 42 L_S1991

Hi guys,

Looking to buy a iPad Mini for Christmas, I think they're sold out at the moment in shops in Dublin, unless anyone knows where has some?

If not, I think I might purchase it via the Apple website, however I've never ordered something off them before, they said it would be delievered on December 21st, do they always stick to delievery dates?

Also, I was just going to buy the Wi-Fi enabled iPad and not bother with the 3G, would people recommend buying the 3G?

Many thanks :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Moved to Apple Media Devices :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭yer man!

Don't get 3G, you can just use your phone (assuming 3G enabled) as a hotspot for the tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 L_S1991

yer man! wrote: »
    Don't get 3G, you can just use your phone (assuming 3G enabled) as a hotspot for the tablet.

That's what I thought, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

yer man! wrote: »

Also assuming that the carrier allows it, and that there is a decent data allowance.....

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

CompuB have any stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

boardzz wrote: »
    CompuB have any stock?

the blanch store has some , i was in there today and they said they had a stock of all ipads

hope u get it

You wont be getting one from Apple.ie as the Christmas delivery deadline
    for iPad mini has already passed (as of last Thursday/Friday)

Maybe try Compub or Amazon (who still have stock at a slightly inflated price)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

Ordered 29th, estimated delivery is 13th with Smart Cover.

Yes but they wont GUARANTEE you get it before Christmas since last
    Thursday/Friday so your taking a chance.

They will tell you this over the phone if you ring them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Neffa2

Does anyone know of any stores in the Dublin area with stock?

Turns out they sent a text the day after the order to say it was shipped and should be with me on the 6th December :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

That's right, no fecking mini's at all.

All shops I phoned don't have any and don't know when they will have them in, that's just incredible! Apple.ie can't delivery untill after Christmas! Ireland really gets the **** end of the stick when it comes to foreign shops operating in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

robertxxx wrote: »
    That's right, no fecking mini's at all.

All shops I phoned don't have any and don't know when they will have them in, that's just incredible! Apple.ie can't delivery untill after Christmas! Ireland really gets the **** end of the stick when it comes to foreign shops operating in Ireland.

Demand and supply.

If you are really stuck head to the apple store in Belfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

You called every shop? Impressive.

Advertisement