Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2020 - General Discussion

• 31-08-2020 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭

Never had the chance to make the season thread before so said I would this time!

New month, new season, new thread new weather adventures? Will we have a stormy Autumn or a calm autumn? Excited to find out!

Time to start the discussion, currently about 12 degrees in Cork City and partly cloudy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bazlers

Where are we as regards ice melt for the season ?Was it another loss? I would imagine from now on it should start to increase.

Sorry sleetandsnow not exactly Autumn discussion but not sure where to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭littlema

I see my son heads the Winter Storms names list..
    hope he’s not up for a while yet. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Hopefully this autumn will be dry. I could really do with a break from all the rain we got over the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,571 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Calm and dry in Dublin, looks like it'll get to 20c later. That'll do pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Storm Names 2020/21.

00151a0c-614.jpg?ratio=1.77

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Drizzly and wet this morning in cork city. Lovely start! Might brighten up as the day goes on hopefully.

Cloudy/sunny in wexford now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry with a mix of sunshine and clouds here in Castlebar.nice day

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Donegal, Leitrim, Mayo and Sligo

25 to 35mm of rainfall is expected on Wednesday. Localised spot flooding is possible.

Valid: 05:00 Wednesday 02/09/2020 to 17:00 Wednesday 02/09/2020

Issued: 16:00 Tuesday 01/09/2020

sryanbruen wrote: »

25 to 35mm of rainfall is expected on Wednesday. Localised spot flooding is possible.

Well that's not a great start to autumn 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Hi lads/ gals I need a good weather app I was using dark sky app which I heard of here but that has been bought by apple I think so would ye reccomend another please that would be like dark sky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

sryanbruen wrote: »

Oh what fresh hell is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Never had the chance to make the season thread before so said I would this time!

That was a long 92 days on you, wasn't it? :D

Back at the ranch, it was a misty morning before some sunshine and then overcast with some drizzle before sunset. Really notice the days starting to shorten now.

Looking forward to some settled weather with high pressure expected to build over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭seamusk84

I thought we were looking at a nice dry weekend from Thursday in the East.
    Met Éireann going on now about blustery showers and cold conditions....Bloody hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭appledrop

Welcome Autumn 2020!

With the amount of rain we had in summer 2020 some dry, sunny weather even if chilly would be very much appreciated.

Don't let us down like Summer 2020 did!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

appledrop wrote: »
    Welcome Autumn 2020!

With the amount of rain we had in summer 2020 some dry, sunny weather even if chilly would be very much appreciated.

Don't let us down like Summer 2020 did!

I've a feeling it will be a fairly standard Autumn with maybe one or two dry spells and average rainfall, hopefully nothing like last year's endless deluges.

Gonzo wrote: »
    I've a feeling it will be a fairly standard Autumn with maybe one or two dry spells and average rainfall, hopefully nothing like last year's endless deluges.

If its like last year we are snookered. The ground is saturated. The amount of rain we had in summer was unreal. Surely we are due a dry spell? Although silly me this is Ireland so I should never presume such a thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

appledrop wrote: »
    If its like last year we are snookered. The ground is saturated. The amount of rain we had in summer was unreal. Surely we are due a dry spell? Although silly me this is Ireland so I should never presume such a thing.

after tomorrows rain things won't be too bad in terms of rainfall, mostly showers and some areas could stay dry completely. There is a fair bit of ridging in FI, the possibility of high pressure next week and then another ridge possible the week after. However just about every ridge or high pressure has gone pear shaped since June so we shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Gonzo wrote: »
    after tomorrows rain things won't be too bad in terms of rainfall, mostly showers and some areas could stay dry completely. There is a fair bit of ridging in FI, the possibility of high pressure next week and then another ridge possible the week after. However just about every ridge or high pressure has gone pear shaped since June so we shall see.

Here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rain during the night woke me up. Absolutely pouring down this morning.
    Co. Leitrim

• Advertisement

Ah yea we are definitely due a dry spell says me.

Pour out of heavens here in NCD. Ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Spells of heavy rain here in Castlebar with surface flooding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Isn’t the weather “always good” when the kids go back to school?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

That's some rain falling in Dublin City centre....no wind but the rain is incessant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

serious floods on the roads this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Close to 35 mm of rain in Castlebar since midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

DellyBelly wrote: »
    That's some rain falling in Dublin City centre....no wind but the rain is incessant

Agree - watching the water build up quickly as it flows off the grass onto my ground floor balcony. Looking at the radar it should die down in a few hours.

Isn’t the weather “always good” when the kids go back to school?

Apparently not this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭snowgal

horrible horrible miserable blughy, crappo ughhhh weather in Meath this morning! rain rain go away, come back on anoth....no just fcuk off until 2021 please, on less you present yourself as snow, that would be ok....

• Advertisement

Wet + windy here now. Usually the start of September is dry and sunny :(. Like others have said, we will be in serious trouble if it doesn't dry up soon, flooding could be quite bad this winter as the ground hasn't been properly dry since early June, whenever the ground did dry up in the summer, it got wet again soon after.

Advertisement