Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

This arrived either this morning or last week, not sure, but it's usually a fair dear game and not commonly sold at a cheap price. I managed to grab it for about £15 on Amazon

cy3GBmVh.jpg

My only issue is the manual.
    This is what was advertised
    QSmdV6Jm.png

This is what I got
    zJZq8Qfl.jpg
    gex88ZUl.jpg

Wasn't as advertised (paper-printed, black and white and poorly stapled) so I'm contacting the seller to see if they can send me out a replacement (real) one. If not sure whatever I spent pittance on it as opposed to what it costs everywhere else.

Haven't tried it yet but I'm eager. Haven't played it in about 22 years (mammy's friend gave me a loan of it)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't think the game is that expensive, or wasn't. Prices have probably gone crazy now though considering the collector market and the Gainax connection to the game.

Great game all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Some Christmas presents arrived for myself. :)

There's no sound effect when shooting in Mig 29, which I found really off putting initially.

IMAG0312.jpg

IMAG0313.jpg

IMAG0314-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Katamari Damacy Reroll arrived today, got it from PlayAsia
    DwVETgoXgAErc2s?format=jpg&name=medium

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Don't think the game is that expensive, or wasn't. Prices have probably gone crazy now though considering the collector market and the Gainax connection to the game.

Great game all the same.

Now that I think of it - I believe it was the Genesis/NTSC-U version that was ridiculously expensive, not the PAL version. Still though, looking for the PAL version on eBay it's still €40-€60 for a nice copy.

• Advertisement

That answers my question of "is this game available physically" as I nearly bought it on the eShop last week, but held off to see if it was available on cart.

I got it from Play Asia, I don't think it's coming here but could be wrong of course

I got it from Play Asia, I don't think it's coming here but could be wrong of course

Not a problem at all, any physical copy will suit me :) I'll have that bookmarked to order in the next few weeks - can't believe I never checked Play Asia

• Registered Users Posts: 19,554 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What's it on top of? Katamari wrapping paper??

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    What's it on top of? Katamari wrapping paper??

It's a tee from Insert Coin, I took a few different photos, one with a painting and one on top of Video Game Romantics tee by Keita Takahashi that worked in Katamari
    743_1.jpg

• Advertisement

Not a problem at all, any physical copy will suit me :) I'll have that bookmarked to order in the next few weeks - can't believe I never checked Play Asia
    I dunno was it MrE linked me to it on the Ninty forum, it's the Chinese version I think
    Says subs in English under further info
    https://sea.play-asia.com/katamari-damacy-reroll-multi-language/13/70cbgt

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They said they weren't tested and that I could have my money back, so that's what I'll do.
    I think I already have a borked set somewhere, so I can have a go at repairing those.
    I've to do something similar to one of the paddles on my Atari Pong console.
    how bad are they , I've had a few that I pulled apart cleaned wd40'd and later greased a bit that were fine?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dr Bob wrote: »
    how bad are they , I've had a few that I pulled apart cleaned wd40'd and later greased a bit that were fine?

Not a peep from the "new" set.

Another newer version of an older game
    DwebgBnX0AEvhGA?format=jpg&name=medium

New gets, haven't heard of Deadly Strike or Pangya! Golf but they were cheap so...
    I might have Zack and Wiki already haven't checked :pac:
    Dwkb8fwXQAA5v9R?format=jpg&name=medium

Got this NES game for nostalgic reasons (Even though it was from a different system..). There were two games I used to mainly play on the Macintosh, Spectre and Prince of Persia.

Havn't played it yet but apparently it's not meant to be as good unfortunately. Still looking forward to getting impaled on those spikes again though. :)

IMAG0315.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've been hearing such good things about Celeste that rather than download it, I'm after buying the physical release by Limited Run Games on the Switch.

It's actually pretty affordable and I can only imagine it's going to go up in value.

https://limitedrungames.com/products/switch-limited-run-23-celeste-preorder

There's something about the size of the Switch boxes and the releases coming out in physical format which is tickling the collector urge in me...!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Got some of this from a contact in Japan.

Recently discovered that I have coeliac disease so can't actually eat the stuff myself.

I plan to do a YouTube video on it though because it's just about the weirdest promo item I've ever seen for anything videogame related.

Shame though... I'll never get a chance to eat Sonic's face.

IMG_20190114_200318.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭Inviere

MrVestek wrote: »
    Shame though... I'll never get a chance to eat Sonic's face.

I'd imagine whether affected by Coeliac or not, the end result of this would be the same for anyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Inviere wrote: »
    I'd imagine whether affected by Coeliac or not, the end result of this would be the same for anyone...

Your arse gets a Sonic speed shoe power up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭Inviere

o1s1n wrote: »

SuperSonicRunSmallAni.gif~c200

o1s1n wrote: »

You end up with a Super Sonic Spicy Ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

DJ Slope and a few others did a video on these noodles a while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I remember drinking Sonic the hedgehog lemonade in Wales when I was a nipper

There were only a couple of NES items from when I was a kid which I don't still have, one was the cleaning kit that I don't care about, the other was a strat guide. So had to get a copy of it.

IMAG0386.jpg

DJ Slope and a few others did a video on these noodles a while back.

I know.

That's what made me want to pick them up.

My guy in Japan had packets for a decent price including delivery so I thought "feck it".

I can't eat them anyway due to being coeliac.

I kinda want to make my own video on someone eating it though (and building the face) for my own YouTube channel.

Any volunteers? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paul79

This arrived today from playasia , I’ve heard great things about the game really looking forward to playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

MrVestek wrote: »
    I know.

That's what made me want to pick them up.

My guy in Japan had packets for a decent price including delivery so I thought "feck it".

I can't eat them anyway due to being coeliac.

I kinda want to make my own video on someone eating it though (and building the face) for my own YouTube channel.

Any volunteers? :P

Send them to ashens!

Doge wrote: »
    Send them to ashens!

Nah. I want to get some of my own content out of them first.

Also only one is for eating.

One is being added to the "weird as feck promo items" collection. :P

Besides... Ashens only eats stuff that's 20 years out of date so... maybe I'll send one on to him in 20 years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, feeling a bit down so, what else would one do except buy some Japanese N64 games!
    Just bought two interesting one, they are the rumble versions of Super Mario 64 and Wave Race 64, the latter of which is a whole new game compared to the stunted PAL release.
    And I also bought Diddy Kong Racing, whose only problem was the frame rate which will benefit from the NTSC boost.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement