Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No information on an individual, except for her siblings and parents?

• 01-01-2019 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭

Wondering if any of you would have insight as to where to go from here.

Trying to trace information (birth, specifically) on my other half's grandmother, Vera (also known as Veronica). Born somewhere between the 1920's and 1930's. I was able to find birth records for her two brothers and two sisters (all born between the 20's and 30's as well), and I discovered who her mother was (confirmed by the fact the person I found out to be her mother had listed her home address as the same address that Vera claimed to be born at, then her maiden name helped me find Vera's siblings) and details on her father.

But I can't find anything on Vera, no record of her birth linking to her parents. No direct link from her to her parents or siblings anywhere. The only thing I found on her was her marriage record to her husband in 1952 where her name shows as Vera F Stanley also a vaguely written death notice on another website. Aside from that, her last name Stanley shows up on her (now deceased) son's birth record as mother's maiden name.

But that's it. It's very weird. Makes me wonder if her parents were actually her parents?

Any ideas what to do next, if anything?

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Look at her marriage certificate to get exact name and father's name. Contact the church to confirm her mother's name.
    Most likely she had a different birth name.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Is her age provided on her marriage cert, in order to narrow down the birth year a little?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It may seem obvious, but make sure to check for 'Female' Stanley as well, in case she was not named at the time of registration.

Advertisement