Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon fire tv stick 4k Ultra £29.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Still having trouble after downloading the app. When I try to order, I get the following error message:

“I’m sorry but I can only shop in the primary language associated with your Amazon account. If you’d like to switch languages, go to Settings in the Alexa app, select your device, and then select Language.”

When I open settings, there's no option to select this device (Google pixel 3). There is a 'alexa on this phone' option but no language option within that menu

Go onto Amazon chat and they will fix it for you.

I would say your account is set to amazon.com instead of amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

I was on to chat there ans they said I can't order it as I don't have a UK credit card or bank, even though I'm using revolut card and have most things delivered to parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I was on to chat there ans they said I can't order it as I don't have a UK credit card or bank, even though I'm using revolut card and have most things delivered to parcel motel

I fully expect this to be available to all on Friday.

Yeah Im thinking the same, but wouldn't have minded ordering early, have prime and prime TV set up to UK address so not sure why this is different

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Alexa on iPhone telling me I can only purchase things associated with the language on my account... wtf? Anyone else have this problem?

No this should be ok. I just added to my basket from the alexa app on iphone also. Maybe just check all your location settings etc.

• Advertisement

Just gave them my Parcel Motel address

Mines already defaulting to parcel motel so have no clue what else I can change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Ordered perfectly on iPhone. Thanks op , have been holding off on buying this until it dropped to this price

I had to go onto the chat last night and they sorted it quickly for me.

OnLooker wrote: »
    I had to go onto the chat last night and they sorted it quickly for me.

Did they say anything about needing a UK credit card or bank?

• Advertisement

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Alexa on iPhone telling me I can only purchase things associated with the language on my account... wtf? Anyone else have this problem?
    Still having trouble after downloading the app. When I try to order, I get the following error message:

“I’m sorry but I can only shop in the primary language associated with your Amazon account. If you’d like to switch languages, go to Settings in the Alexa app, select your device, and then select Language.”

When I open settings, there's no option to select this device (Google pixel 3). There is a 'alexa on this phone' option but no language option within that menu

I was onto Amazon chat for ages and got bounced around to 5 different people. Eventually got it to work by adding it to my basket, then using the alexa app to checkout ("Alexa, checkout my basket please").

Got a rundown of what was in the basket and the price. Confirmed, delivery tomorrow.

The guy I spoke to definitively stated that the Irish debit card should not make a difference.

Used revolut sterling account as I never pay Amazon conversion as they rob you.

I was onto Amazon chat for ages and got bounced around to 5 different people. Eventually got it to work by adding it to my basket, then using the alexa app to checkout ("Alexa, checkout my basket please").

Got a rundown of what was in the basket and the price. Confirmed, delivery tomorrow.

Thanks, got it to work this way,!!

Is strange, have revolut sterling set up with all my amazon services set to UK also, no clue what was wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Just go to hot uk deals page and get the deal and will bring you to amazon page and checkout there with discount applied!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭testtech05

JonnyM wrote: »
    Just go to hot uk deals page and get the deal and will bring you to amazon page and checkout there with discount applied!

I tried this approach and went through to the checkout but price still remains at 49.99 for me

JonnyM wrote: »

I tried this and it wouldn't work. The basket trick did, but I was unsure if it was the chat guys who had done something in the background or not. Good to hear it worked for someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

testtech05 wrote: »
    I tried this approach and went through to the checkout but price still remains at 49.99 for me

Discount was showing up for me but when i actually tried checking out full price comes up for me too sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

same here full price still shows when I go to check out on the amazon.co.uk site.
    If you install the amazon alexa app on the phone how do you order it from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

mikekerry wrote: »
    same here full price still shows when I go to check out on the amazon.co.uk site.
    If you install the amazon alexa app on the phone how do you order it from there?

Press the Alexa button at the bottom of the app screen and say "Alexa I want to buy Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K ultra" that will add it to your amazon basket. Go to checkout on the amazon app and the discount will be applied.

This will also work for an Amazon Echo Show 5 which gets reduced to £49.99, again go to app and say "Alexa I want to buy Alexa Echo Show 5 Black/White"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Worked for me, cheers OP

Had to deliver to Parcel Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭duffman13

Managed to get this working, set up a UK address with a revolut card.

Got to Amazon.co.uk/mycd and select preferences if there is no preference at the top then your region is wrong so go to Amazon.com/mycd

Once you select preferences then select your UK address/parcel motel and region to UK. Update it, at the top you should have a notification to click learn more about migrating your devices, select it and and change the region there to the UK for all your devices. Try again then

Added to basked and checked out! All good and I think my prime Is UK now aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

can somebody remind me how to use parcel motel please.

I've a parcel motel account with no money in it.

I checkout on amazon putting in my parcel motel NI address.

Then what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,279 ✭✭✭positron

If you have your card associated to ParcelMotel, they will take the money out when they receive the parcel, or so I think. You can also go into PM portal and add credit to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

podge018 wrote: »
    can somebody remind me how to use parcel motel please.

I've a parcel motel account with no money in it.

I checkout on amazon putting in my parcel motel NI address.

Then what happens?

add credit first, then sit back an wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

is it just €4.50 to send down from the north, it's not another €3.95 to collect in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fear corcaigh

Thanks OP, ordered to Parcel Motel, got extra £5 off for installing the Amazon shopping app.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

podge018 wrote: »
    is it just €4.50 to send down from the north, it's not another €3.95 to collect in Dublin?

3.95 is the total cost if its being sent to your parcel motel locker here

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I used Parcel Motel all the time but moved to Parcel Wizard. Same price to get it delivered to my workplace. Saves me the hassle of trying to get to the locker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Wigertoods

Thanks OP
    Full price was showing on the Amazon website but worked fine on the Alexa app.
    Had Address pal set as default delivery address.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement