Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ballina1953

badgerfort i dont imagine there would be any problem with you winning with an australian address as the irish times would have many overseas subscribers to the on line version of their newspaper
    if you have to come to dublin to collect your prize it wont leave you with much profit though
    i had a good week am into the top 40

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

Password is FOWLER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

its doubles in Zurich Classic ??. Team Events

During Team Events (Zurich Classic of New Orleans - Round 4), players will still score points individually, based on their team's finishing position.

As an example, both players from the winning team will score 510 points each (500 for finishing first and 10 for making the cut) at the end of the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

redarmy wrote: »
    its doubles in Zurich Classic ??. Team Events

During Team Events (Zurich Classic of New Orleans - Round 4), players will still score points individually, based on their team's finishing position.

As an example, both players from the winning team will score 510 points each (500 for finishing first and 10 for making the cut) at the end of the tournament.

So in a normal week the Top 25 and ties score points but effectively this week the Top 25 will be 50 players plus ties?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cobbleozzy

jimmers wrote: »
    So in a normal week the Top 25 and ties score points but effectively this week the Top 25 will be 50 players plus ties?

Yes 50 players in US will get points this week so from the competition standpoint it's basically a double points week in US whereas just single for Euro tour event in China. So I guess you should stuff your team full of guys playing on pgatour this week - another reason to do so is there's no euro tour event next week in the competition.

• Advertisement

Bit late with the game update this week? All my players showing DNP.......

probably much harder to compile this week on acc of doubles in the u s understandable enough they have been on the ball up to now

yeah they saying there's a problem with the data provider and that it should be sorted later today

Password this week is WESTWOOD

i figure you need to average around 1300 pts per week to have any chance
    tks for password denis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

probably much harder to compile this week on acc of doubles in the u s understandable enough they have been on the ball up to now

I'd say the Euro Tour event in China during the night was a factor too, but yeah all in all, I'm enjoying how they're running it this year.
    i figure you need to average around 1300 pts per week to have any chance
    tks for password denis

1300 every week would be great, it would have you in 7th right now, it's all about the Captain pick imo 1,000 juicy points on offer if you can pick a winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rolltideroll

Anybody having problems will the rollback feature. I picked 2 new players and a captain and saved those choices. Since i have changed my mind i pressed rollback and I consistently get the messge “cannot roll back incomplete team”. I have 8 players and a captain so I dont know if it is a system glitch. I have contacted the fan hub team and waiting for a response. Anybody have any idea what I may be doing wrong or is anybody having the same problem.

Thanks for the pssword. You would think they would make the password available on digital content as a subscriber.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭elbagarihno

Anybody having problems will the rollback feature. I picked 2 new players and a captain and saved those choices. Since i have changed my mind i pressed rollback and I consistently get the messge “cannot roll back incomplete team”. I have 8 players and a captain so I dont know if it is a system glitch. I have contacted the fan hub team and waiting for a response. Anybody have any idea what I may be doing wrong or is anybody having the same problem.

Thanks for the pssword. You would think they would make the password available on digital content as a subscriber.
    Getting exactly the same message. sent email to support requesting they revert my team to what it was for GW4 - awaiting response.

I didn't even Save my transfers, but have tried logging out and on another devices, but no joy..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I have same problem. I even went into make a change, did not select a golfer or save it but ended up with another player in my team, transfer gone and team saved.

I figure the bug is something to do with Zurich Classic work in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

They've acknowledged it now on the site and said it'll be fixed before the next round starts.

this is super useful if anyone wants to see course form and recent form.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQO8nPNYSRodsdZwZF5RUl3-esrCyI8E7BiJspyU6VrtA8uJomvlUniyReF52uXxnReNRQL7XUnKi7q/pubhtml#

Cobbleozzy wrote: »

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQO8nPNYSRodsdZwZF5RUl3-esrCyI8E7BiJspyU6VrtA8uJomvlUniyReF52uXxnReNRQL7XUnKi7q/pubhtml#

Looks useful alright, is there a link to a site where these are produced weekly?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

qwabercd wrote: »
    They've acknowledged it now on the site and said it'll be fixed before the next round starts.

Just been caught by this as well, team is stuck.

However, they say they will try to get it fixed, it may not be.

We are aware that some users are experiencing difficulties with the Rollback feature. We will endeavour to have this resolved before the Round 5 lockout deadline (May 3rd)

yeah there is - fill your boots..
    sites.google.com/site/smartgolfbets/tournament-sheets

Cobbleozzy wrote: »

Great source,

Does not have the Wells Fargo 2017 result since the PGA was at the same course?

• Advertisement

yeah he uses the pga championship results from last year instead of the wells fargo results as the pga was in Quail hollow last year (normal wells fargo venue) and the wells moved to a diff venue just for 2017

This week's password : DAY

Anyone lucky enough to have Day last week?

How are you's doing?

I'm currently 455th with 3,855 pts. Had a bad week last week, Fowler Captain really screwed me over! He was 4 putting and missing all sorts of short putts over the weekend, he could easily have been top 5 and that makes all the difference getting the captain pick right.

How are you's doing?

I'm currently 455th with 3,855 pts. Had a bad week last week, Fowler Captain really screwed me over! He was 4 putting and missing all sorts of short putts over the weekend, he could easily have been top 5 and that makes all the difference getting the captain pick right.

Am in 490's. Nothing happening for me last two weekends. Got very few points from the expensive players. Fowler, McIlroy, Thomas, Spieth in that time.

That then makes me want to ditch them but afraid to, just like in Fantasy Premier League.

Reed may be the Salah of this fantasy game, just have to have him for his cost and results.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Am in 490's. Nothing happening for me last two weekends. Got very few points from the expensive players. Fowler, McIlroy, Thomas, Spieth in that time.

That then makes me want to ditch them but afraid to, just like in Fantasy Premier League.

Reed may be the Salah of this fantasy game, just have to have him for his cost and results.

Yeah Reed has done well for me in his last two events I captained him in the doubles event, didn't have him in the masters! just a shame unlike FF he won't be playing every week! So he might be coming in and out but at least there is no price rises!

How are you's doing?

In the 670s with 3595. Finally got a captain that made the cut after 3 failures in a row although Rory faded away after a good first round. Need a big score soon to become any way competitive.

The European tour is more a distraction than of any value at the moment. Only player of note this week is Andy Sullivan but he doesn't play the following week. So the focus will be the US Tour for now...

The thing about that Sicilian crap though is that it wont take much winning and its same points as Players, ill be loading up on Quiros and that french Gurrier anyway. The Players is so so competitive, plus you do get freak winners (See last year Si Woo Kim at 150/1). For any numbers geeks the statistic most correlated with winners of the Players is Strokes Gained Approach.

FYI
    Paul Casey a late withdrawal

This week's password is MOLINARI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I did this the 1st week and then didnt bother

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Advertisement