Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Draftkings down 9%, send thoughts and prayers

hence why i exited early last week, even at a loss

no sports is going to hit them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Kilboor wrote: »
    I had a look at draftkings yesterday, I hadn't a clue what they actually do but when I went to search it every suggestion was about its stock price. That was a warning enough for me !

That and the video on their website explaining what they do is extremely low quality. Who ever recorded it forgot to turn off notifications and they get a spotify song playing notification mid recording.....

I understand how it works (and actually seems like a bit of fun). It's a long term hold for me. Earnings on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭jams100

Draftkings down 9%, send thoughts and prayers

Bought more today. When all sports restart (which they eventually will) combined with more states legalising gambling (which again will eventually happen as states will need the tax to pay for all this pandemic stuff).
    I'm interested to see their results on Friday, especially how they are reducing costs because if they can ride out the next 3-6 months I can see draftkings reaching a new high.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

jams100 wrote: »
    Bought more today. When all sports restart (which they eventually will) combined with more states legalising gambling (which again will eventually happen as states will need the tax to pay for all this pandemic stuff).
    I'm interested to see their results on Friday, especially how they are reducing costs because if they can ride out the next 3-6 months I can see draftkings reaching a new high.

Agreed think they have pretty big potential as a long term investment with the US beginning to relax gambling laws a bit in some states.

Nfl and college football getting cancelled might hurt them if that happens but once things are back to normal would expect them to do well

jams100 wrote: »

Yes that's why I'm holding out, I'm looking towards states opening up gambling.

I must admit though their social media presence is sh*tty enough. It seems like a bit of fun but I've zero knowledge of any American sport. Now if they opened up F1 then that would be interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Fair play buddy, your recommendation prompted me to pick up PENN at $30 ... its been my best performing stock over the last few weeks. up 50% :D whereas GAN & DKNG have basically just threaded water.

PENN down 3% today, however ... soo hopefully this post doesn't precipitate a nasty downward spiral... :confused:

PENN just crashed thru my stop loss.... Out for the time being.

Still in GAN & DKNG, but DKNG stop loss, very close now too.

bcklschaps wrote: »
    PENN just crashed thru my stop loss.... Out for the time being.

Still in GAN & DKNG, but DKNG stop loss, very close now too.

I think DKNG is a long term hold more than anything, but if you're not comfortable you're not comfortable. My motto is dump any stock that keeps you awake!

DKNG will likely drop a bit over the next few days, one of the college conferences cancelled their football season today.

Which could start a domino effect with the other conferences.

College football is a huge part of their market. Probably going to pick some up on the dip myself.

Dave1711 wrote: »
    DKNG will likely drop a bit over the next few days, one of the college conferences cancelled their football season today.

Which could start a domino effect with the other conferences.

College football is a huge part of their market. Probably going to pick some up on the dip myself.

Thanks for this, was looking for news but couldn't find any

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭Underground

Sold the rest of my units in the S&P 500 tracker this morning. It's pretty much right where it was pre covid crash.

The way the market is right now it wouldn't surprise me if it continues to climb but I just didn't feel comfortable holding it anymore. Will buy back in on the inevitable fall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭in2dark

Sold the rest of my units in the S&P 500 tracker this morning. It's pretty much right where it was pre covid crash.

The way the market is right now it wouldn't surprise me if it continues to climb but I just didn't feel comfortable holding it anymore. Will buy back in on the inevitable fall.

I agree with you, i will only hold some banks, aviation and green energy stocks. Will sell everything else this week

4d Pharma, which were tipped here a couple of months back, up 30% today at time of writing. Whats happening there?

Edit: +44% now

No official news, there are multiple pots on the stove though so there could be some news due shortly.

The Covid treatment trial in ongoing a few weeks now and it's a 14 day dosing period ............ the covid aspect is a small part of the future though for 4d but it might surpass that viewpoint given how Covid is changing our lives currently.

I'd not be surprised to see a retrace though ........ DYOR etc etc etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

in2dark wrote: »
    I agree with you, i will only hold some banks, aviation and green energy stocks. Will sell everything else this week

If I was anticipating an impending crash, think I'd be happier holding the likes of MMM, Unilever or Coca Cola than Banks or airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭in2dark

outonawing wrote: »
    If I was anticipating an impending crash, think I'd be happier holding the likes of MMM, Unilever or Coca Cola than Banks or airlines.

I mainly have banks that have significant income from investment banking. Airlines and airports is my bet since i missed the tech rally. Clean energy is my long term hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Slaughtered overnight and this morning ! Buying time ......

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

I mainly have banks that have significant income from investment banking. Airlines and airports is my bet since i missed the tech rally. Clean energy is my long term hold.

This week's stimulus package should keep the markets going for awhile.

It'd be boring if we all took the same approach to investing. Mine is more conservative than adventurous :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

Sold all my FAANGs plus other tech stocks. I feel we are now in a tech bubble.

as long as there is money being printed and the sentiment is there that they will prop up the markets, I feel it will continue to rise, but that being said I can see the other side of it too and people getting out, I'm not far off it myself and considering putting some into crypto in the next few months

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

sirboby wrote: »
    AIBG seems like a nice price atm

Up 14% in 4 days, not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭weemcd

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    as long as there is money being printed and the sentiment is there that they will prop up the markets, I feel it will continue to rise, but that being said I can see the other side of it too and people getting out, I'm not far off it myself and considering putting some into crypto in the next few months

My friend is dead sure on crypto for the next year or two with massive gains but I'm not so sure he knows what he's talking about. Or where I should even start?

• Advertisement

Nio posted good earnings this morning should be in for a decent few days and looks positive long term

Russia after coming out and saying they have a corona vaccine not sure how accurate those reports are though.

To anyone anxious about the markets at the moment, unless you need the money in the near future stay in the market, one thing I've learned is time in the market is better than timing the market. That said if you're losing sleep about it then sell off

weemcd wrote: »
    My friend is dead sure on crypto for the next year or two with massive gains but I'm not so sure he knows what he's talking about. Or where I should even start?

I'm up 400% on a crypto tip from 4chan of all places, it's a bit bubbly right now. I use coinbase as an exchange and Ledger Nano S as a hardware wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭riddles

what clean energy stocks have you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

Lex Luthor wrote: »

I'd be avoiding crypto and Gold in the short term. A lot of money is going back on the dollar in the next few weeks ahead.
    Investors are shunning energy and financials and are in love with technology and healthcare. This is due for a nasty reversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I bought some shares in Lemonade (LMND) yesterday.

They're an insurance startup, who use AI to process policies and claims quicker. Full disclosure, I work for an Insurance company, and have been involved in lots of Insuretech, startup weekend things over the past few years in the space and I've seen what can be done. The problem for our legacy companies is that there's awful systems, and it's run by lads in their 50's who are way out of touch with the younger generation.

Much like I see Revolut disrupting banking, I think Lemonade can do the same for Insurance. Admittedly they've started with the "easy" insurances, even with my dinosaur company, Travel Insurance, Pet Insurance and Contents Insurance were the easier ones to automate, but if they establish a footprint in those, they'll surely evolve into car insurance, health insurance, life insurance over time. And with the developments in those industries (car insurance changing with driverless cars, health/life insurance changing with medical-tech advances like Livongo etc), I think they'll be in the right place at the right time once they roll around. They're aimed heavily at the younger market, again targeting the future rather than taking customers from legacy companies. They're mainly US based, though have expanded to Germany this year.

They IPO'd last month at $69 (by the time it opened), has bounced from $55 to $85 since then, and $67 today, giving it a market cap of $3.7bn. They tripled revenue from 2018 to 2019 (albeit with losses), and have their first quarterly results as a public company tomorrow. This is a long-term play, perfect for anyone like myself looking for somewhere to move funds from the inflated Tech stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I'm up 400% on a crypto tip from 4chan of all places, it's a bit bubbly right now. I use coinbase as an exchange and Ledger Nano S as a hardware wallet

Nothing wrong with 4chan for tips. I remember browsing /g/ back in 2010/2011 and seeing people playing around with bitcoin. Thought it was a load of rubbish at the time :rolleyes:

If we could turn back time....

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Nio posted good earnings this morning should be in for a decent few days and looks positive long term

Russia after coming out and saying they have a corona vaccine not sure how accurate those reports are though.

NIO up 9% so far in pre market. Expecting this might push us over the previous high of early last month and over $16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Putin said the vaccine worked on his daughter... :D

• Advertisement

I'd be avoiding crypto and Gold in the short term. A lot of money is going back on the dollar in the next few weeks ahead.
    Investors are shunning energy and financials and are in love with technology and healthcare. This is due for a nasty reversion.

I'm in with a fair investment already in crypto and its not a short term thing for me

Advertisement