Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tights

• 04-11-2019 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

I have been tan/skin colour tights are a big NO when wearing a dress on a night out......

So what about black tights , I believe these are acceptable, but what denier should I get .... full on 60/80 or more 20

Any thoughts on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Black 20 den are very fashionable at the moment. You can also get some patterns. Black 20 or 30 den with polka dots look great with minidress.

For myself I would wear whatever makes you comfortable or looks better with dress you are wearing. I know the fashion crowd don't like skin colour tights but many would also feel that tights should be worn for formal occasions (state visits for politicians or partners of politicians, royal families, formal work occasions). Way too many rules for something pretty insignificant.

If you are going for black sheer tights get good quality ones because pulled threads everywhere don't look very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

meeeeh wrote: »
    Black 20 den are very fashionable at the moment. You can also get some patterns. Black 20 or 30 den with polka dots look great with minidress.

For myself I would wear whatever makes you comfortable or looks better with dress you are wearing. I know the fashion crowd don't like skin colour tights but many would also feel that tights should be worn for formal occasions (state visits for politicians or partners of politicians, royal families, formal work occasions). Way too many rules for something pretty insignificant.

If you are going for black sheer tights get good quality ones because pulled threads everywhere don't look very nice.

Thank you so much, I got black 20 den in mark and Spencer’s, they worked really well with the dress.
    I would never have thought of going for a lower den as my black tights were also 60 den or higher
    Thank you again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with tan/nude tights as long as they're NOT worn with open toed sandals.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with tan/nude tights as long as they're NOT worn with open toed sandals.

I don't mind them either. I think making sure they are the right shade it's also important. I think a lot of those fashions are dictated by people who travel in car/taxi and spend all their time in very well heated buildings. As much as I like fashion I think being warm is more important.

Anyway I like black sheer tights too. I think they can be slimming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

meeeeh wrote: »
    I don't mind them either. I think making sure they are the right shade it's also important. I think a lot of those fashions are dictated by people who travel in car/taxi and spend all their time in very well heated buildings. As much as I like fashion I think being warm is more important.

Anyway I like black sheer tights too. I think they can be slimming.

Oh I like black sheer ones too but most of the time I couldn't be bothered fake tanning so the nude/tan ones come in handy then :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement