Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wrightway Insurance

• 11-02-2010 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm posting from my son's account here,

I was with Axa Insurance for the last five years and last year decided to let my son on my policy. I had recently had No Claims for those five years and was paying very little for my policy. In March of last year, my son went into the back of an 08 Mazda and caused €4,000 worth of damage, I had no option but to claim and Axa were fantastic in sorting out my claim, everything was sorted in a matter of weeks, I susbequently removed my son from the insurance and knew my insurance would go up significantly next year, how much though I was frightened to see.

I received my 'invitation to renew' from Axa yesterday. A nice tidy sum of €1,168. I couldn't possibly afford to pay that each year and as I'm a 40 year old woman with a full driving licence for a year and a half, thought I'd get something cheaper. I rang around and came across 'Rightway Insurance' who are quoting me (with No Claims protection) €688 a year, significantly better than Axa. I've rang around to Allianz and Travellers (lol) but Rightway Insurance seem to be the best option.

I'm just wondering if anyone could recommened them or even have any suggestions as to different companies that would be around the same price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

The same guy used to own Wright's insurance ( a broker in Wexford). That was bought out Aviva or someone, and he set up this new company.

I know a few people with them and they seem fine. Nice to deal with, and the man himself is a gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

(with No Claims protection)

You cant protect a no claims bonus unless you have the full 5 years.
    If there was a claim on your policy last year you will have lost your no claims discount!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Give Britton insurance a call. I'm on my second policy with them. OP did you have any no claims protection on your last policy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Hal1 wrote: »
    Give Britton insurance a call. I'm on my second policy with them. OP did you have any no claims protection on your last policy?

Thanks for that, I shall give them a call.

No I didn't have any No Claims protection on my last policy as I didn't even know such a thing existed until today and wasn't told about it at the time.

I've two years No Claims because I was a named driver on a previous partners Insurance policy, which was held with Axa before I had my own policy with Axa in 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

The company is actually Wrightway Underwriting and are well established. Basically they offer various products to the broker market. They are sound and have being trading in Ireland for around 10 years, fully regulated etc.

PS, just to back up Drummerboy, Tony Wright is a gent. I used to work for him back in the day.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Do 'Rightway Insurance' have a website? Can't find it on google...

Mine is up later this month...on the hunt for a decent quote...

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

I'll back up Drummerboy and Oldyouth aswell, but just check what your excess will be on the policy as they have a few different types of policy.

Wrightway Underwriting have some policies with an excess of €2k or €4k for people who have nil bonus or have claimed in the last year or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Do 'Rightway Insurance' have a website? Can't find it on google...

Mine is up later this month...on the hunt for a decent quote...
    There you go. But as I said previously a lot of brokers have access to them and that is the route to take
    http://www.wrightway.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Hal1 wrote: »

+1 for Britton insurances - have myself and wife's policy with them for 2 years now (and yes I do shop around at renewal to ensure they stay best)

Also try www.123.ie - they primarily place with Travellers who are trying for market share and the www.theAA.ie may also be not too bad.

Outside of that look in the yellow pages for local brokers they may have access to non mainstream insurers (perfectly decent) in the Lloyds Market and could be a better option.

Consider as well what you need in a policy.
    1) Breakdown - if you have cover with a credit card etc then why pay to have it included in your insurance
    2) Legal Defence - this can cost €40 with some brokers (I know Britton will stick it on top of premium) - basically if you have an accident they will represent you in the claim for recovery of your costs. Generally it is not difficult and you can always go to a solicitor (or Boards.ie;)) for advice if necessary.
    3) Comp/TPFT - obvious decision to be made there depending on value of the car.
    4) Level of excess - the amount you are prepared to pay - standard will be €250 (ish), if you take €500 it may have an impact on the premium - just remember, if you damage your car you must pay the excess.
    5) Driving of other cars - this entitles you to drive any car which is not owned or loaned to you with Third Party cover - if you rarely drive another car (which you are not specifically insured upon) then consider dropping this option (if available) - again, will impact the premium.

Do a bit of work on the phone with brokers - you may be well rewarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,327 ✭✭✭Trampas

The same guy used to own Wright's insurance ( a broker in Wexford). That was bought out Aviva or someone, and he set up this new company.

http://www.wrightway.ie/news_1.htm

They are grand company

• Advertisement

Cheers for the advice all :D

Looks like I'll definitely be going with 'Wrightway'.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Make sure you provide any new insurer the full details of the claim made last year. This could have a significant impact on the premium--it could also null and void the policy if you fail to disclose the claim.

Is the claim finalised or is there a Personal injury claim outstanding.?

RGS wrote: »
    Make sure you provide any new insurer the full details of the claim made last year. This could have a significant impact on the premium--it could also null and void the policy if you fail to disclose the claim.

Is the claim finalised or is there a Personal injury claim outstanding.?

Yeah I've already notified them of the claim last year, don't worry, I would never chance not telling them.

The claim has been finalised, thankfully. The man who's car was damaged by my son was a lovely man and was more than helpful to us in getting everything sorted, so thankfully, it's done and dusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

found quoteme.ie very good.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

Advertisement