Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Littlewoods

• 28-09-2020 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

So i seen this on my account To comply with regulation, we need you to verify your credit account by providing proof of identity.

There looking for proof of id driver license, proof of address a bill and then they want your pps number seems sketchy to me.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

So i seen this on my account To comply with regulation, we need you to verify your credit account by providing proof of identity.

There looking for proof of id driver license, proof of address a bill and then they want your pps number seems sketchy to me.

Could you post the text of what is on your account? It's normal/legitimate for a lender to want to see the proof of ID and address, as well as your PPSN (the last one is for the Central Credit Register)

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

We collect and verify your PPSN to enable us to fulfill our responsibilities in relation to the Central Credit Register. Please note we cannot accept your Public Services Card to verify your PPSN.

Shop Direct Ireland Limited trading as Littlewoods Ireland, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
    Thats about it really.
    There an English company with the call centre is out in Africa or India. Have been with them for donkey years maybe it some new regulations out but just thought it was bit strange to be looking for pps number.

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

This is the important bit:
    Shop Direct Ireland Limited trading as Littlewoods Ireland, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland

It doesn't really matter where they deliver or provide services from, if they want to lend money in Ireland, they have to follow the Central Bank of Ireland rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

We collect and verify your PPSN to enable us to fulfill our responsibilities in relation to the Central Credit Register. Please note we cannot accept your Public Services Card to verify your PPSN.

Thats about it really.
    There an English company with the call centre is out in Africa or India. Have been with them for donkey years maybe it some new regulations out but just thought it was bit strange to be looking for pps number.

Call centres in Aintree and Speke, Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Once upon a time i used to be connected there but i haven't heard a English twang in a long time
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/dec/03/webhelp-call-centres-for-shop-direct-to-close-with-700-jobs-lost

Its been very bad if you have a problem with any product nearly 3 minutes just to give them your account number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ShellBell89

Anyone else having problems when trying to buy something off littlewoods

Keep getting an error error message every time I click the pay by card option 🀷ðŸ¼*♀️🀔 or is this their way of getting you to sign up for an account with them??

Advertisement