Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heating oil big drop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

NIMAN wrote: »
    Would also assume people buy less home heating oil coming into the warmer months?

Home heating oil is only a tiny percentage of the overall market and getting smaller each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

6541 wrote: »
    Why do you think Oil will drop in price ?

I am assuming COVID isnt going away before the end of the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Any TOP OIL codes like they used to print on the calendars they'd give out? Didn't do a calendar for 2021 unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,036 ✭✭✭mikeecho

vicwatson wrote: »
    Any TOP OIL codes like they used to print on the calendars they'd give out? Didn't do a calendar for 2021 unfortunately

New owners for TOP , maybe they aren't doing discount codes anymore.

https://www.top.ie/irving-oil-confirms-agreements-in-place-to-acquire-irish-company-top-oil/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭wassie

Mór Oil (Galway) have on their facebook site:
    - Save €5 on 500L - use code "Warm5" for 500L and up. (€293.48/500L)
    - Save €10 on 1000L - use code "Warm10" for 1000L and up. (€518.91/1000L)
    A few of the local suppliers will match or even beat pricing if you phone them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Just referred to CheapestOil.ie home heating oil prices for Cork area are all quoting the same rates for 1,000 Litres kerosene €560.00 apart; from one of the other firms Top Oil which comes in higher at €580.00 (or €579.99 including VAT to be exact on it's website: www.Top.ie).

I notice there are some suppliers in Dublin & some of it's surrounding counties charging from as low as €519.00 Vs €560.00+ in Cork which is a large price difference for Cork City.

Anyone got any current Promotion Codes/Discount Codes for use with suppliers distributing to Cork ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭CoBo55

The title should be changed... It's creeping up and up and up, diesel and petrol are rising daily...

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Shafted here in Kerry, I paid €568 for 849L today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Either of the big 3 companies would have given you 1,000lts and some change for that.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Either of the big 3 companies would have given you 1,000lts and some change for that.

I only have a 900L tank and it was a town delivery from KP.

• Advertisement

I only have a 900L tank and it was a town delivery from KP.

Never heard of KP but you should still be buying that quantity for 56 cent a liter.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Mr oil, Wexford €550 for 1000ltrs.

Never heard of KP but you should still be buying that quantity for 56 cent a liter.

Kerry Petroleum, just looked at the docket and it's 59.04 per ltr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

Aren't they Kerry petroleum (shell oil)..didn't think they were still going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Capitol oil in Newbridge Kildare 519e for 1000 liters kero

Kerry Petroleum, just looked at the docket and it's 59.04 per ltr.

Doesn't add up, you got screwed by someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

560 for 1000 from the other main players. Would have been cheaper to pay for 1000 and not take it all.

560 for 1000 from the other main players. Would have been cheaper to pay for 1000 and not take it all.

They're not that bad to deal with, anywhere nearer the 1,000 than the 500 would be charged at the lower rate with a haggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Doesn't add up, you got screwed by someone.

It does add up unfortunately but it's expensive.

59.04c x 849 = €501.25 + VAT @ 13.5% (€67.67) = €568.91

rostalof wrote: »
    It does add up unfortunately but it's expensive.

59.04c x 849 = €501.25 + VAT @ 13.5% (€67.67) = €568.91

My mistake, I thought the price he quoted included VAT which would be the norm.

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    The title should be changed... It's creeping up and up and up, diesel and petrol are rising daily...

I would have to agree - Thread title might make more sense if it was renamed to:

"Home Heating Oil - Prices Quoted by Boardsies"

I cannot remember if there is already a separate thread somewhere on Boards.ie for Prices of Motor Fuels (i.e.) Unleaded Petrol, Diesel etc; ? I notice that Pumps comparison price check website is back up online although; the choice of filling stations rates for Cork is not comprehensive or as extensive as it was in it's heyday. I suspect there are cheaper prices being charged at stations no longer listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Now that NI is in the EU (and uk?) and we have settled on no border - can I buy my oil off an NI dealer? * I know vat is different and they are not hung up on the green agenda but otherwise if we’re all the same........

It around €525 for 1000 in Louth
    Around £300 for 900 in NI

I’m talking delivered here - not oil drums

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

joeysoap wrote: »
    Now that NI is in the EU (and uk?) and we have settled on no border - can I buy my oil off an NI dealer? * I know vat is different and they are not hung up on the green agenda but otherwise if we’re all the same........

It around €525 for 1000 in Louth
    Around £300 for 900 in NI

I’m talking delivered here - not oil drums

Can you order oil drums online? any good links?

DaraDali wrote: »
    Can you order oil drums online? any good links?

Not that I know of :)

I mean not traveling to Forkhill, Culloville, Jonesboro etc ( with drums) and buying it at a pump. Done it for years, getting too old.

Looks like no ongoing or even new Promotion Codes for Discounted Rates towards Home Heating Oil orders placed at the moment.
    Seems to be zero competition in local pricing in the CORK AREA as no difference across various suppliers except for Top Oil which is about + €20 more expensive for 1000Ltrs fill and no promo code to offset this. Oil prices seem to be increasing on the markets following a cut in production agreed so; I would not expect lower prices for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,298 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Don't forget the carbon tax increase from 01/05/21 will add pro-rata ~€17 extra on 900 litres of heating oil

It seems like a cartel in operation in when you are finding zero price difference having viewed multiple suppliers on cost comparison site: CheapestOil.ie distributing to domestic customers in the Cork region and perhaps in some other areas. No competition in price is never a good thing from a consumer perspective. Other suppliers not listed on CheapestOil.ie are actually charging a bit more but no promotional discount rates seem to be on offer anywhere.

And as from 1st of May 2021 we will have yet another increase due to the latest in a series of annual Carbon Tax increases between now and 2030.

Carbon Tax:
    Fuel used for your home / Unit / Increased cost
    (e.g.) Kerosene (Heating) / 900 litre fill / €19.51
    Other fuels will also have increases applied

Sources:
    https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/motor_carbon_other_taxes/carbon_tax.html#

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/budgets/budget_2021.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Wexford was always like it, cartel central here, cars, white goods, petrol prices, you name it? they've fixed it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

joeysoap wrote: »
    Not that I know of :)

I mean not traveling to Forkhill, Culloville, Jonesboro etc ( with drums) and buying it at a pump. Done it for years, getting too old.

I suppose it depends where you are, only the suppliers can tell you if they will deliver cross-border.

At least one of the border adjacent NI suppliers provide towed bowsers so you can fill a tanks worth and transfer it at home, obviously you need a towbar and to return the bowser to them.

• Advertisement

Ordered 1000 yesterday. Docket says 927 filled tank
    €500 even.
    978 was €425 in November. Same supplier

Advertisement