Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

McAuliffe Trucking Co

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

MadsL wrote: »
    Well, if you fancy ringing Castleisland Garda to complain, I would ask for John O'Mahoney, he's the local sergeant. 066 714 1204.

Anything else you'd like know? :D

Was Gerry Adams ever in the IRA?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Anything else you'd like know? :D

Fridays euro millions numbers please? (by PM only)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

If I was the elder McAuliffe, I'd be more than a bit peeved right now. He's obviously a long time in the business, and is again, obviously good at it. He has a fine fleet, in what is a tough and competitive industry. Worth noting too, that he's keeping a few people in work, to say the least.

And he quietly enjoys the whole big fish in a small pond gig. As he has done for decades. He wouldn't be alone in that, not least among his neighbours-the Healy-Raes pontificating from the backs of trailers and scooping up prime LA contracts, come to mind.

Then Junior decides, "Ye know what we needs, Paw? A wehb-saht!"

And he duly creates one, and populates it with images of what range from the ridiculous through the self indulgent, to the utterly deluded invasions of public roads and the blatant disregard that we've seen here. And all was well, for years-which makes you wonder what you'd have to do down there to actually cause a commotion.

Finally, Sis decides to get in on the act-jump on the whole social networking marketing thing (or impress her mates, I dunno)-by uploading a number of supersized, pikey pursuits on to youtube, and the rest is history.

3_midi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

LOL Roundy, probably one of the best posts in the thread :P blood hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Is that not a step too far? Reardless of what they did and how they are behaving, destroying their business isn't going to achieve anything

Bar safer roads that is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Dartz

Was Gerry Adams ever allegedly in the IRA?:p

Now now... we have to be careful about libel here. We can't say Gerry Adams is in the IRA because we can't prove it....

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Mikko Mallikas

I´ve done my bit and contacted the authorities and news departments, but unfortunatly it resulted in a small piece hidden in the also ran section on RTE Some of you should do the same instead of just posting on boards. I don´t live in Ireland and have no intention of following this up any further, but some of you should to get onto Joe or Tub´s or whoever their equivalents are on other stations, otherwise this will get buried tomorrow and we will still be begrugders and the shamefulness of their arrogance will have won.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

If I was the elder McAuliffe, I'd be more than a bit peeved right now. He's obviously a long time in the business, and is again, obviously good at it. He has a fine fleet, in what is a tough and competitive industry. Worth noting too, that he's keeping a few people in work, to say the least.

And he quietly enjoys the whole big fish in a small pond gig. As he has done for decades. He wouldn't be alone in that, not least among his neighbours-the Healy-Raes pontificating from the backs of trailers and scooping up prime LA contracts, come to mind.

Then Junior decides, "Ye know what we needs, Paw? A wehb-saht!"

And he duly creates one, and populates it with images of what range from the ridiculous through the self indulgent, to the utterly deluded invasions of public roads and the blatant disregard that we've seen here. And all was well, for years-which makes you wonder what you'd have to do down there to actually cause a commotion.

Finally, Sis decides to get in on the act-jump on the whole social networking marketing thing (or impress her mates, I dunno)-by uploading a number of supersized, pikey pursuits on to youtube, and the rest is history.

MV5BMTQ4NzMwNjY4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjM4NzU3MQ@@._V1._SX480_SY395_.jpg

Well all that would be true and I would sympathise, but for their boast about calling the PR Experts in, picking their brains and then sending them on their way without a penny for their efforts. And then snickering and boasting about it. I'd bet they would love some damage limitation now.
    PR Consultants wanted to know our budget and we
    learnt very quickly that whatever we had, they would
    gladly take, so, we picked their brains and did it
    ourselves.
    http://www.nrn.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Justin-Kavanagh-Truly-Irish-Country-Foods-NRDC2011.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

I´ve done my bit and contacted the authorities and news departments, but unfortunatly it resulted in a small piece hidden in the also ran section on RTE Some of you should do the same instead of just posting on boards. I don´t live in Ireland and have no intention of following this up any further, but some of you should to get onto Joe or Tub´s or whoever their equivalents are on other stations, otherwise this will get buried tomorrow and we will still be begrugders and the shamefulness of their arrogance will have won.

Already done. ;)

Already done. ;)

+1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The below picture, both accurate and relevant to the topic!

this_thread_delivers_5.jpg

Well all that would be true and I would sympathise, but for their boast about calling the PR Experts in, picking their brains and then sending them on their way without a penny for their efforts. And then snickering and boasting about it. I'd bet they would love some damage limitation now.

http://www.nrn.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Justin-Kavanagh-Truly-Irish-Country-Foods-NRDC2011.pdf

Bear in mind, all that was written by Junior-who took the bullets out of his gun, 'cos it was too heavy!

@Mikko: Tip of the hat from me for your efforts-for what little it's worth. I know many on this thread will be happy to run with the ball :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

Ya know its like they are sticking two fingers up to all of us...

224923.JPG

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=2227148417

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Mikko Mallikas

Roundy, I was in Ireland for the last 7 months with my foreign registered car and was absolutely hounded by the traffic corps for no reason, therefore when something like this shows up it really gets my goat that nothing is done about it. Us Irish are great at complaining but F%€k all use when it comes to actually doing something about it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

jPI94.jpg

Is this how the threesome with the DAFs was filmed after conducting a "Risk Assessment" and deciding it was "Medium"?

In fairness, they DO have the hazards on, which makes most things on the roads OK in rural Ireland.

Bear in mind, all that was written by Junior-who took the bullets out of his gun, 'cos it was too heavy!

@Mikko: Tip of the hat from me for your efforts-for what little it's worth. I know many on this thread will be happy to run with the ball :)

Different Junior.

Looks like an intern.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/justin-kavanagh/18/513/2a6

Not a lot of experience there.

Little write up here on them

http://www.irishtrucker.com/news/two-of-a-kind-mcauliffe-trucking-company-and-kerry-truck-sales
    Sister companies McAuliffe Trucking Company and Kerry Truck Sales complement each other perfectly. Irish Trucker travelled to the company HQ in Castleisland, County Kerry to take a closer look at their symbiotic relationship.

Working very much hand in hand, McAuliffe Trucking Company and Kerry Truck Sales provide an excellent all-round service to the people of Kerry and beyond. Both companies are owned by Mike McAuliffe, who has forged his reputation on cornerstones of efficiency, dependability, service and integrity.
    Customer loyalty is a strong characteristic of McAuliffe Trucking Company and they still retain the vast majority of the core clients they’ve worked with down through the years. “We concentrate on the partners we have and we give them a top-class service,” Declan notes. “We find that this is a better policy than trying to put your arms around the world. We value the customers we have and most of them have been with us a long time.”

These include Newmarket Co-op, Kerry Co-op and the Kerry Group. One new company that has come on board recently is Truly Irish County Foods, which produces the very highest-quality Irish pig meat with full traceability. The shareholders in this company are a group of local pig farmers who came together to provide a premier quality food. Mike McAuliffe is one of the directors of Truly Irish Country Foods.

And finally, what’s with the spectacular livery adorning the company fleet? “This is very important to us, as it projects a good image of the company. We have a different theme on each truck and we usually get some input from the driver to see what he is interested in and what he’d like on the truck. We do spend a lot of money on this but we find that over the life of the truck it turns people’s heads and we get positive feedback from it and we get a lot of queries and attention as a result. This can result in new contracts from time to time, so we’ll continue to project a positive image on the road.”

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

ahyeahok wrote: »

224923.JPG

As an aside, what is it with truckers and terrible airbrush jobs? I remember seeing a truck painted in "tribute" to Colin McRae before that looked like Wee Jimmy Krankie had dressed up in a set of overalls for the day.

"now that McAuliffe's are main Isuzu dealers"

Are they?

3 brands damaged so.

"now that McAuliffe's are main Isuzu dealers"

Are they?

3 brands damaged so.

I'd imagine Bebo will be out of date.

• Advertisement

Roundy, I was in Ireland for the last 7 months with my foreign registered car and was absolutely hounded by the traffic corps for no reason, therefore when something like this shows up it really gets my goat that nothing is done about it. Us Irish are great at complaining but F%€k all use when it comes to actually doing something about it.

There's a very strong element of truth to that. It's part of the Irish psyche to have an 'oul moan over the garden fence. And do little else :o

In your case, it's the proverbial sledgehammer used to crack the (undeserving) nut. For many years, there were cyclical problems with Central/Eastern European registered vehicles (often quite well appointed ones-7 series with three foot alloys and glass darker than Ray Charles' shades), which would land on Irish soil from the ferry, and whose owners would conveniently forget about such niceties as VRT, insurance, speed limits, or worse.

For about five years or so.

With the downturn and the resulting exodus of many of these workers to other climes, the loss of spending power to those who remain, and the fact that many of these cars expired naturally and ended up in Irish scrapyards and recycling facilities, a "foreign" registered vehicle is now a rarity once more.

Unfortunately for well meaning motorists such as yourself (and a few tens of thousands of UK tourists), the Customs and Excise, with their usual lightning fast responses have, after the best part of a decade, decided to clamp down on non Irish registered vehicles.

Welcome and all as their efforts would have been pre-2007, the words stable door and horse, come to mind.

McAuliffe Trucking and Truly Irish - promoting Irish porkies since 1970!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

forget about such niceties as VRT, insurance, speed limits, or worse.

This is very interesting. Leave the insurance and speed limits out because they're quite obvious, but I've been here for 6 years and discovered VRT only 4 years ago. Then of course I didn't need it, but still - it's not like it's advertised at the Dublin Port saying "Hiya, please register your car in the next couple of days, or else...
    Cheers buddy, now go and enjoy that pint of Guinness!"

So that lack of knowledge isn't caused solely by people trying to dodge the system. Some Polish lads that brought their 30 year old Passats and BMWs here, had them for 6-9 months, then actually bought something else here, like maybe a 15 year old Passat (that's a step up, eh?). They never knew about VRT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

She had 14 videos... guess how many now?

Yes and it's interesting that McAuliffe Trucking are so innocent and all of their publicity stunts were approved and organised yet Orla still removed all of the videos and representative's of the company threatened legal action against anyone who made copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Their Bebo page has a few pics showing how great they are at parking on public roads :eek:

224925.jpg

224926.jpg

How any of their drivers still have a licence is beyond me...

No consideration for other road users :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

It's going to be a lean christmas for poor old Orla Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

how did a trucking company ceo get the contract speed camera network, conflict mo?

Different people, yet probably family. Please read the thread properly before jumping to conclusions.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

so their family which is my point, how many xavier McAuliffe's can there be?

The director of the trucking company is not xavier. And nobody has dug up evidence, that they are family, yet. So until then, it's an assumption.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

It's going to be a lean christmas for poor old Orla Mc

I bet daddysanta will be leaving coal for her this year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement