Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Viber - Double contacts in contacts list

• 21-06-2011 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

As the title says, I have the double of every contact in my Viber contacts list, anyone any suggestions?? I have searched this forum and didn't see that anyone else has experienced this so any help/advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

Hi,

This is a rep. of Viber.
    This is a known issue, and the source of the problem is that contact were imported to your iPhone from an external source (e.g an email client like Exchange).

Your iPhone can recognize these numbers and put them together under the same contact, but unfortunately Viber cannot, so it duplicates them.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RDMH

Viber wrote: »
    Hi,

This is a rep. of Viber.
    This is a known issue, and the source of the problem is that contact were imported to your iPhone from an external source (e.g an email client like Exchange).

Your iPhone can recognize these numbers and put them together under the same contact, but unfortunately Viber cannot, so it duplicates them.

Thanks for clearing this up, sounds exactly like what has happened as my contacts are imported from Exchange. Is this something that you are looking to fix in a future update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

For now, we're not even sure this is 'fixable' (since this isn't technically 'a bug').
    We will see what happens on iOS5, and if that new version gives us more room for play.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭murphman

Viber wrote: »
    For now, we're not even sure this is 'fixable' (since this isn't technically 'a bug').
    We will see what happens on iOS5, and if that new version gives us more room for play.

I have the exact same problem.. It's a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I guess it wasn't fixable in iOS5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Aashi

Hi friend

Try syncing your contacts again or reinstalling the programme if you notice duplicate contacts in your Viber list. You can also get more help by contacting Viber support, as they could know how to solve this problem specifically

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭djdunny

Hi friend.

Thread is 12 years old.

No one uses Viber

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

You might be wrong there, while it's not popular anymore older people still seem to use it. All my family refuses to switch to WhatsApp. Why are people like this on boards... anyway Rakuten mobile segment generated about $1.73 billion in revenue in the fiscal year 2021, primarily from Viber. Clearly, someone is using it - if not you...

Advertisement