Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The new Priory hall whos are the brave ones ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭twiddleypop

Has anyone bought here that can tell me how it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 martinncr

Did anybody experience mortgage approval issue for Priory Hall?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭gabria

What's going on with the two front buildings, they ripped off a lot of the grey panels off the walls there a while back and its not quite clear how they are trying to renovate. Seems to be very slow activity going on compared to the buildings behind

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Borys22

martinncr wrote: »

All went smoothly. BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 VitorB

martinncr wrote: »

We still didn't.
    Our solicitor sent some queries to Dublin City Council solicitors, and they take a considerable time to reply to each, and it seems like each time they reply new questions pop up, so... Infinite loop!

• Advertisement

And we just got the keys.

We did have some minor issues.
    As I understand of what our solicitor told us, there are some pending legal actions against Priory Hall, and this means that some old documents (fire certificate?) must stay in place. And then there are the new documents, which can't properly replace those old ones because of the legal actions going on.
    And some other stuff that DCC still didn't provide fully.

But the bank was willing to lend, so we're good. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chris2312

Hi, I'm looking to buy here, has anyone who is currently living there any experience on what it's like? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chris2312

Chris2312 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking to buy here, has anyone who is currently living there any experience on what it's like? Thanks

Just bumping if anyone has any experience?

We moved in 2 weeks ago, thus, not too much experience overall.

So far we are quite happy.

Most of the things that we didn't like, are very small and should be easy to fix, like the tap on the kitchen.
    The one thing I see as a potential problem is that it is noisier than I expected. Right now it's not bad, but we'll see what is it like when the building is full and the streets busy.

On the other hand, lots of things we did like.
    Overall, quite happy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mjshravan

Hi Vitor,

Any issues with the social housing tenants?I heard a lot of apartments have been allocated to them by city council.

VitorB wrote: »

Most of the things that we didn't like, are very small and should be easy to fix, like the tap on the kitchen.
    The one thing I see as a potential problem is that it is noisier than I expected. Right now it's not bad, but we'll see what is it like when the building is full and the streets busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 tomkot

VitorB, how long did it take the whole process? Did BOI or Dublin City Council take long time to close the deal?

Is it nice to live there? I already payed the booking fee and am starting the process.

mjshravan wrote: »
    Hi Vitor,

Any issues with the social housing tenants?I heard a lot of apartments have been allocated to them by city council.

No problems whatsoever.
    We can't even tell social housing and private owners apart.
    The neighbourhood in general is quite pleasant.

tomkot wrote: »
    VitorB, how long did it take the whole process? Did BOI or Dublin City Council take long time to close the deal?

Is it nice to live there? I already payed the booking fee and am starting the process.

Mind you, we finished our process just before the lockdown, so it might be a poor measuring stick.
    But for us the mortgage was "fine".
    We started the process a long time before, and the first steps seemed a tad slow. But after we made the offer, then BOI was rather good.

DCC on the other hand...
    I think it took them nearly 3 months to get the documents our solicitor was asking them for.
    I guess it might be faster now, since they must already have the documents easier at hand?
    But then again, who knows how lockdown affects them?

We are loving it here.
    The neighbourhood is even better than we expected.

The only thing I don't love is that there are no shops really close by. If you need just a loaf of bread, there's Centra, which is often crowded, or at least 1km walk to Dunnes.
    Not many restaurants either.
    But with lockdown they'd all be closed anyway? =)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 makshl

VitorB, thanks a million for your comments!

How long did it take DCC to send you the contract initially? I've paid the booking deposit in mid June but I am still waiting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dozymare

Anybody up there in New Priory having a problem with Condensation on the Patio Door on the ground floors

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ELV_Dublin

Hi Vitor, I am planning to buy in New Priory, would you know if pets are allowed in the apartments?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dozymare

I see pets about but usually management company complaining about dog soiling and owners not picking . Few complaints of barking in the apartments. Avoid the ground floor there is a lot of damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ELV_Dublin

Dozymare wrote: »
    I see pets about but usually management company complaining about dog soiling and owners not picking . Few complaints of barking in the apartments. Avoid the ground floor there is a lot of damp.

My dog is old already. He does not bark at all. He is lazy and friendly. :)

What do you think about the noise? I mean from outside (cars, constructions, etc) and from inside, people talking, loud music, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CarlosDZC

Hi Makshl,

Did you get the apartment already? We paid the booking deposit at the end of November and we are still waiting, I would like to know if we'll have to wait much longer.... If you already moved in, how is it? are you happy there? Our apartment is in block 14, anyone living there?
    Thanks!!

makshl wrote: »
    VitorB, thanks a million for your comments!

How long did it take DCC to send you the contract initially? I've paid the booking deposit in mid June but I am still waiting for it.

Hi Makshl,

Did you get the apartment already? We paid the booking deposit at the end of November and we are still waiting, I would like to know if we'll have to wait much longer.... If you already moved in, how is it? are you happy there? Our apartment is in block 14, anyone living there?
    Thanks!!

• Advertisement

CarlosDZC wrote: »
    Hi Makshl,

Thanks!!

Hi CarlosDZC,

We got our contracts about 4 months after sale agreed, then 6 weeks later we got the keys. It really helped when our solicitor has reached out to DCC law department directly and asked them to hurry up. You can ask Fearghal from Hooke & MacDonald to share their contact details with you.

We like it very much here. Hope you'll get the documents soon!

Hi CarlosDZC,

We got our contracts about 4 months after sale agreed, then 6 weeks later we got the keys. It really helped when our solicitor has reached out to DCC law department directly and asked them to hurry up. You can ask Fearghal from Hooke & MacDonald to share their contact details with you.

Thanks so much for the info. I am happy to know that you already got the apartment. We'll contact Fearghal about these contacts.
    Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭AvaKinder

We paid our booking deposit a month ago and have been advised mid-March for contracts.

Did anyone moving in have a survey completed? I'm not sure if they're needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cartic12

Hi CarlosDZC,

Could you please share your solicitor details?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cartic12

AvaKinder wrote: »
    We paid our booking deposit a month ago and have been advised mid-March for contracts.

Hi AvaKinder,
    Were you able to view the apartment or you paid the booking deposit before and then view the apartment? Also, was it show apt. or actual apt ?

AvaKinder wrote: »

Our surveyor did not find anything suspicious

cartic12 wrote: »
    Could you please share your solicitor details?

we worked with <SNIP>

cartic12 wrote: »
    Hi AvaKinder,
    Were you able to view the apartment or you paid the booking deposit before and then view the apartment? Also, was it show apt. or actual apt ?

We paid the booking deposit before viewing and viewed the actual apartment we booked. Still no sign of contracts, but we've run into an issue with MPI so not too worried.

Hi,

I hope everyone is safe and well,

Our solicitor told us that would be a good idea to complete the property survey in the meantime we are waiting for DCC to return the contracts.

I was hopping if someone that already completed the property survey and liked the service can indicate the surveyor.

Thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement

CarlosDZC wrote: »
    Hi,

I hope everyone is safe and well,

Our solicitor told us that would be a good idea to complete the property survey in the meantime we are waiting for DCC to return the contracts.

I was hopping if someone that already completed the property survey and liked the service can indicate the surveyor.

Thanks in advance :)

Hiya,
    We used <SNIP> who get someone local to do it, rather than finding someone ourselves. Happy with the service.

Recommendations by PM please.

Advertisement