Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

wow.met.ie

• 08-11-2019 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

Just notice a new website set up by Met Eireann and the UK Met Office showing a map of Ireland with weather reports coming from amateur weather stations with WOW compliance. There is a link on the desktop version of www.met.ie on the latest weather report page. Did anyone noticed this before today Friday November 8th. It is quite good.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Jpmarn wrote: »
    Just notice a new website set up by Met Eireann and the UK Met Office showing a map of Ireland with weather reports coming from amateur weather stations with WOW compliance. There is a link on the desktop version of www.met.ie on the latest weather report page. Did anyone noticed this before today Friday November 8th. It is quite good.

Yeah, it was shown by I think Oneiric about a month ago. It's a nice site alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Yeah, it was shown by I think Oneiric about a month ago. It's a nice site alright.

Meh, zoomed out past the UK and the Google Maps API crashed.

MÉ have built far too heavy a website for their needs. Would have been very easy to produce something much more attractive and infinitely more navigable for half the budget. Won't harp on as I know there's a separate thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

The bulk of ROI station on this are the new Met Eireann automatic climate stations, about 60 in all.

Advertisement