Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

I ordered a Huawei P30 Lite earlier - only after purchase did I realise it was the black version so I went back and purchased the blue version. Even though I selected blue before I added it to the cart.

Does anyone know how to contact Vodafone so I can cancel the first order - I've searched for support or contact but can't seem to get anywhere... perhaps my only chance is for the order to be cancelled!! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Weltsmertz wrote: »
    Doesn't matter. Vodafone are definitely not checking sims. Put mine in phone for first time five mins before ordering and never topped up. All the cancellations seem to be for multiple orders.

Yep, I bought a phone online last year on a Vodafone porting offer and for some reason the burner SIM I used never ported.

On another occasion though, buying a phone in a Vodafone store, the agent wouldn't hand it over until my number ported successfully. Had to go away and come back 30 minutes later! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Samsung Galaxy A40 and Huawei P30 lite are single sim or dual sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

sapphade wrote: »
    I ordered the a20e the other day with spare Tesco sim I had lying around. Phone arrived today . I was impressed that it was dual sim and had slot of SD card on top of that . It was locked to Vodafone but bought unlocking code from unlock.ie for 18 euro. if anyone does decide to buy their unlocking code you just need to put in the phones first imei when requesting it. The code they send back unlocks both sim slots . All in all unlocked dual sim phone for 67.99 euro is fantastic value . Cheers OP

Unlock codes on ebay for about 11-12

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭tech

s10 for €50 or the a50 5g for €50?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

I ordered the a20e the other day with spare Tesco sim I had lying around. Phone arrived today . I was impressed that it was dual sim and had slot of SD card on top of that . It was locked to Vodafone but bought unlocking code from unlock.ie for 18 euro. if anyone does decide to buy their unlocking code you just need to put in the phones first imei when requesting it. The code they send back unlocks both sim slots . All in all unlocked dual sim phone for 67.99 euro is fantastic value . Cheers OP

Do you get any acknowledgement from VF after you buy online?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sapphade

Do you get any acknowledgement from VF after you buy online?

Yes I got an email Wednesday confirming my order had been received. I did not receive anything to say it had been dispatched the phone and sim just arrived in the post Friday morning .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Maybe a silly question,
    but on the Vodafone site for the "Select switch date and time", does it have to be within a certain time? Could I set it to 4 weeks time for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Glenn220390

CEX give €76 for the A20e and €148 for the P30 lite. if your not happy with the phone at least you'll get a profit on the trade in

coldfire1x wrote: »

Any idea anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

CEX give €76 for the A20e and €148 for the P30 lite. if your not happy with the phone at least you'll get a profit on the trade in

Are the P30 lite 4/128 in both cases

Yes I got an email Wednesday confirming my order had been received. I did not receive anything to say it had been dispatched the phone and sim just arrived in the post Friday morning .

Ok, thanks. I tried to buy online twice yesterday and on both occasions it gave me a message of...

~Unable to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.

On the second occasion it even went through the "Verified by Visa" process!!

No email, no text, no acknowledgement of any sort but two amounts for €49.99 pending in my visa account!!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Ok, thanks. I tried to buy online twice yesterday and on both occasions it gave me a message of...

~Unable to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.

On the second occasion it even went through the "Verified by Visa" process!!

No email, no text, no acknowledgement of any sort but two amounts for €49.99 pending in my visa account!!

I ordered one yesterday evening. I could successfully complete the order. I got an order number at the end of the ordering process and subsequently an email with all the order details too.

mac.in wrote: »
    I ordered one yesterday evening. I could successfully complete the order. I got an order number at the end of the ordering process and subsequently an email with all the order details too.

Porting or non porting?

Porting or non porting?

Porting

Edit Update: Ordered one more just now (porting). Got the order number at the end post payment. Got the order details by email too within minutes after payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Any idea anyone?

Have you tried asking Google 🙄💡

Have you tried asking Google 🙄💡

Some phones comes with both single sim and dual sim versions. Checked the details on Vodafone site as well. Even A20 is not mentioned as dual sim even though it is.

So yes, I have tried to look around before asking here.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

The P30 lite is dual sim, but the 2nd slot is a hybrid slot... So 2 sims or a sim+ microsd

Got order confirmation for P30 lite, so hopefully will come through. I did order the Blue version but came up as black. Not a big deal really.

Had a feel of it in store this morning, alot bigger than any other phone I've had but will cope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Will the P30 lite come back into stock

• Advertisement

Did anyone get his/her order dispatched?

My order status online was 'due for dispatch', but now has reverted to 'processing'.

Did anyone get his/her order dispatched?

My order status online was 'due for dispatch', but now has reverted to 'processing'.

My status was Dispatched and is gone back to Your order is being processed.

I ordered on Friday evening and online it still says 'Your order is being processed.' however I got a text this morning to say my order has been dispatched so we'll see tomorrow...

I ordered a Huawei P30 Lite earlier - only after purchase did I realise it was the black version so I went back and purchased the blue version. Even though I selected blue before I added it to the cart.

Does anyone know how to contact Vodafone so I can cancel the first order - I've searched for support or contact but can't seem to get anywhere... perhaps my only chance is for the order to be cancelled!! :rolleyes:

So both phones arrived this morning. Only ported one number which is still active although a message came through from Vodafone saying the port was rejected! Anyone doesn't matter as it was only used to avail of the offer! Will see what I do with the second phone now...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭midfield dynamo

Sorry for the stupid post.

Am looking at getting one of these for the little one for Christmas, but she doesn't have a mobile currently. I do have an unlocked s6 around the house.

Is the best thing to buy the eir sim, lash it in the S6 for a few hours and pop in to my local VF shop to get ported to the VF network?

Sorry for the stupid post.

Am looking at getting one of these for the little one for Christmas, but she doesn't have a mobile currently. I do have an unlocked s6 around the house.

Is the best thing to buy the eir sim, lash it in the S6 for a few hours and pop in to my local VF shop to get ported to the VF network?

You can order for an eir sim for free instead of buying it.

I am quite sure the offer is online only. So, you don't need to go to the store for porting to avail the offer. You can port online while ordering the phone.

To my knowledge, you don't need to wait for hours for the eir sim to be port-ready. You can straight away port in once you get it.

Go my P30 yesterday, happy with it... definitely 100e well spent. 128GB storage is great, for some reason I thought it was 64GB.

Question - we need another phone in the house and was thinking of ordering one of the cheaper Samsung. Since my number won't be ported for another week or so, is it possible to order another phone with discount on same number?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

Did anybody have any luck getting the phone unlocked from Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Amouar

You can order for an eir sim for free instead of buying it.

I am quite sure the offer is online only. So, you don't need to go to the store for porting to avail the offer. You can port online while ordering the phone.

To my knowledge, you don't need to wait for hours for the eir sim to be port-ready. You can straight away port in once you get it.

I ordered 2 Eir sims last week, and i still didn't receive them, so don't count on the sims ordered online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

So both phones arrived this morning. Only ported one number which is still active although a message came through from Vodafone saying the port was rejected! Anyone doesn't matter as it was only used to avail of the offer! Will see what I do with the second phone now...

Are you selling the black one?? Interested here!!

Advertisement