Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some pictures I took recently

• 20-07-2008 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

all manner of beasties and birdies been around my house lately, or the forest across the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

apologies on the two deer pics, only had my phone to snap it.
    hedgehog has been hanging around the steps of my house, and the birdfeeder is hanging right beside my window, so i can get nice closeups.
    the fish are in our pond, this years babies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Jazlyn Incalculable Yo-yo

Sorry, maybe it's my PC but apart from the 2 Hedgehog shots eveything else is a blur.
    What time of day was this Hedgehog photographed at? It appears to be during the day; in which case I would have concerns for its' health.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Sorry, maybe it's my PC but apart from the 2 Hedgehog shots eveything else is a blur.
    What time of day was this Hedgehog photographed at? It appears to be during the day; in which case I would have concerns for its' health.
    about 7 o clock in the evening. after staring at me for a while, he scurried off. hes been around the last few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

this forum could do with a "nature picture i took revently" sticky would it be okay if i posted a few pics in this thread too?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭fluffyVW

mukki wrote: »
    this forum could do with a "nature picture i took revently" sticky would it be okay if i posted a few pics in this thread too?

I like that idea of the "nature picture I took recently" :D I would love to see other peoples nature photos!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Done.:)

boneless wrote: »
    Done.:)

YAY!!! Thats awesome!!! :D:D:D

Do we need any rules or anything??? Well I suppose just keep it in the "Nature" area!!!

I will post some soon and I will keep them as "Naturey" as I can!!! Lol!!!

Can't wait to see some of everyone elses!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Nature or Naturist?

Right, Common Blue Damselfly, Carrigavantry lake near Tramore, Co. Waterford.

2711478868_965c7b5c30.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Noticed a Long Eared Owl having a bit of a snooze on the electric fence in the back garden at 6am. Got as close as I could without disturbing the bird but could have done with a decent camera.

• Advertisement

Fair play sesswhat, I've never gotten that close to an owl before, and now that I think of it I may have never even seen one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

This dude was outside my house staring at me and my dog.

foxlow.jpg

This big fella was on Kippur mountain in Wicklow!

Deer.jpg

Roen wrote: »
    Right, Common Blue Damselfly, Carrigavantry lake near Tramore, Co. Waterford.

Wonderful dragonfly shot you got!!! Such a clear picture and love the blue!!! I managed to get a shot of a Dragonfly down in the bog but not as good as yours!!! :D

2760912209_cd8630d3ca.jpg?v=0
    sesswhat wrote: »
    Noticed a Long Eared Owl having a bit of a snooze on the electric fence in the back garden at 6am. Got as close as I could without disturbing the bird but could have done with a decent camera.

Thats amazing!!! Never seen one wild like that before!!! Such a beautiful bird!!! He was having a good snooze!!!:D

I have this shot of a barn owl...

2403878021_44cf52c801.jpg?v=0

But he's not wild unfortunately, this was taken at a county fair in Emo Court, Portlaoise, County Laois.

lightening wrote: »
    This dude was outside my house staring at me and my dog.

This big fella was on Kippur mountain in Wicklow!

We posted at the same time there!!!

The fox looks like a demon!!! Haha!!! :D Nicely spotted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,412 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Feral goats on Cullentragh, looking out over Derrybawn ridge (Wicklow Mountains).

n19cgl.jpg

A crab spider catching a bee (taken in my back garden!).

28vw0eo.jpg

Same beastie trying to look all scarey :D

34dl7dh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I am loving the images folks! Don't worry about them being a bit non-professional; the sheer spontanuity of them can be effective too :).

I love the long eared owl by the way... you were so lucky to get it perched for so long. I am a tiny bit jealous too :p!

Thank you one and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,412 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Some close-ups of our two native insect eating plants, the sundew and the butterwort I took yesterday up in the Wicklow Mountains. There seems to be a good number of them about this year compared to others for some reason .. maybe it's all the rain seeing as they grow in boggy conditions.

I also got literally within 10 feet of a young deer on a forest track that didn't seem at all worried by my presence, but didn't manage to get decent photo.

hwkaye.jpg

id7w9h.jpg

2r3j9ec.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭donalglackin

just a few shots i took over the summer. i dont know how to upload them onto boards but yo can find them on my flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51029340@N00/sets/72157604198086836/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Took these at Kennedys Farm, near Killarney, yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Great variety of species on here so far!

Here is a Common Green Grasshopper in the back garden (I call it the garden but it's really an acre of untamed grass at the back of the site). It seems to attract a good variety of wildlife. This is where the owl pictures were taken as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

A Heron in citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Having a right go at each other this morning. Great to watch!

2889719220_bed1ca8110_b.jpg

Beachfoxclose.jpg

beachfox3.jpg

foxdunnes.jpg

foxsitting.jpg

A very brave fox cub checking me out after surfing.

Buzzard?

It was huge!!! Beautiful bird!!! :D

2925359976_981017af85_o.jpg

2925363446_4636a0c712_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭ODD-JOB

beachfox3.jpg

Is that a bit of fishing wire stuck in the foxes side ?
    It shows in all 4 photos

Liked the Buzzard Photographs ! Resident bird?

ODD-JOB wrote: »
    It shows in all 4 photos

Liked the Buzzard Photographs ! Resident bird?

Sorry, how do you mean a resident bird?
    I first spotted it a month ago and to my knowledge this is the first time one has been spotted in my locality :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Probably not resident. Most likely an immature bird. Particularly at this time of year there is a dispersal of the the Buzzard population resulting in birds turning up almost everywhere. last year I saw one at Heuston station. They are common along the east coast at the moment. Balbriggan and Blanchardstown area are good spots to see them. If they are resident in an area you will see them frequently through the breeding season.

ODD-JOB wrote: »
    It shows in all 4 photos

No, its just a bit of marram grass. I had a good look at him. Very healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gversey

Beachfoxclose.jpg

beachfox3.jpg

foxdunnes.jpg

foxsitting.jpg

Great pics , was it Killiney by any chance??

• Advertisement

No, not sure if I should post details, is there assholes who would want to harm it out there? Halloween coming up and all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement