Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mariaville, Maynooth (Cairn Homes)

• 18-06-2019 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Has anyone else gone for Mariaville in Maynooth. They're selling fairly quickly off the plans at the moment. Show houses won't be ready until end of August, but the specs/finishes and layouts are very similar to Gandon Park Lucan and Edenbrook Citywest.

http://print.cairnhomes.com/mariavilla/?page=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Jaster Rogue

What are the prices like?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

3 bed mid-terrace from €365k, end-terrace €370k, 4 bedroom houses from €480k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

3 bed mid-terrace from €365k, end-terrace €370k, 4 bedroom houses from €480k.

Priced out my hometown, it’s a sad day....

Priced out my hometown, it’s a sad day....
    I know the prices are desperate for new stuff, but theres a lot of more reasonable options for second hand houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I know the prices are desperate for new stuff, but theres a lot of more reasonable options for second hand houses.

There really is, I would love a new build so have accepted the fact that I won’t be buying new in Maynooth, Kilcock is a stretch but much more feasible!
    Second hand in Maynooth is really reasonable however

• Advertisement

There really is, I would love a new build so have accepted the fact that I won’t be buying new in Maynooth, Kilcock is a stretch but much more feasible!
    Second hand in Maynooth is really reasonable however
    Yeah the new houses in Kilcock look lovely. We had seen those too.

Mariavilla show homes are open both days this weekend 2.30pm to 4pm for homes in Phase 2, expected for completion by February 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Greater dane

Has anyone here bought/ moved in to Mariavilla? Husband and I are considering buying in the next phase but the houses are top of our budget so interested in people's experiences/opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

You should have a few trips to Maynooth at different times to see what your routes would be like. Maynooth is a great town with a lot going for it but the traffic is out of control with significant delays going through the town even on weekends so you would need to factor this in to your decision.

Has anyone here bought/ moved in to Mariavilla? Husband and I are considering buying in the next phase but the houses are top of our budget so interested in people's experiences/opinions.

We moved in on December 10th. The estate is really well finished and is lovely and quiet. We've met most of our neighbours and theres a good community spirit already.
    Houses are well finished with significant tiling to bathrooms and kitchens fully kitted with all appliances except washer/dryer. The electrical spec is really good with plenty of sockets, TV points and data cables and pre-world for intruder alarm. Great use of space and lots of storage. Our houses have solar panels, but I hear on the grapevine that phase 2 are getting air to water heat pumps (I'm just a bit jealous). Gardens are small but adequate and include a paved patio area. Insulation and head retention is good, thermostats fitted are smart enabled and can be hooked up to an app for out of home control. Virgin media is your only option for broadband for the foreseeable but the estate is wired for their new fibre network and we're getting speeds in excess of the 500mbps we are paying for. Theres a small management fee of €240 a year for upkeep of green areas, playgrounds and some shared lanes for access to back of mid terrace houses.
    Some folks (ourselves included) had minor plumbing issues a few weeks after moving in, resulting in Cairn coming out to do minor remedial works. The customer service team are very helpful and will sort out any defects for 12 months after sale in addition to usual Homebond guarantees and other extended warranties like appliances (2 years) and boiler (5years). Our house was at the top of our budget also, but we're glad we went for Maynooth as it's a great town.
    Traffic going through the main street can be rough at peak times, but I work in Dublin direction and the estate is located on the northeast side so you can slip down the old N4 to leixlip interchange and join the M4 at exit 6. The estate is a stone's throw to Carton Park where you have Tesco Extra, Heatons/Brandmax, Boots, the Range, post office, butchers etc...
    If you've any other specific questions, I'm happy to answer them. Good luck with your house hunt!

• Advertisement

We moved in on December 10th. The estate is really well finished and is lovely and quiet. We've met most of our neighbours and theres a good community spirit already.
    Houses are well finished with significant tiling to bathrooms and kitchens fully kitted with all appliances except washer/dryer. The electrical spec is really good with plenty of sockets, TV points and data cables and pre-world for intruder alarm. Great use of space and lots of storage. Our houses have solar panels, but I hear on the grapevine that phase 2 are getting air to water heat pumps (I'm just a bit jealous). Gardens are small but adequate and include a paved patio area. Insulation and head retention is good, thermostats fitted are smart enabled and can be hooked up to an app for out of home control. Virgin media is your only option for broadband for the foreseeable but the estate is wired for their new fibre network and we're getting speeds in excess of the 500mbps we are paying for. Theres a small management fee of €240 a year for upkeep of green areas, playgrounds and some shared lanes for access to back of mid terrace houses.
    Some folks (ourselves included) had minor plumbing issues a few weeks after moving in, resulting in Cairn coming out to do minor remedial works. The customer service team are very helpful and will sort out any defects for 12 months after sale in addition to usual Homebond guarantees and other extended warranties like appliances (2 years) and boiler (5years). Our house was at the top of our budget also, but we're glad we went for Maynooth as it's a great town.
    Traffic going through the main street can be rough at peak times, but I work in Dublin direction and the estate is located on the northeast side so you can slip down the old N4 to leixlip interchange and join the M4 at exit 6. The estate is a stone's throw to Carton Park where you have Tesco Extra, Heatons/Brandmax, Boots, the Range, post office, butchers etc...
    If you've any other specific questions, I'm happy to answer them. Good luck with your house hunt!

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated! We're very much sold on Maynooth as a town, I grew up nearby and my husband now works at the university so we know the area very well. Neither of us will be commuting by car so traffic issues don't put us off. It's the price tag on the Mariavilla homes that's giving us pause, but from what you've said it sounds like they're worth it. It makes a big difference to hear from someone who's living there and happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated! We're very much sold on Maynooth as a town, I grew up nearby and my husband now works at the university so we know the area very well. Neither of us will be commuting by car so traffic issues don't put us off. It's the price tag on the Mariavilla homes that's giving us pause, but from what you've said it sounds like they're worth it. It makes a big difference to hear from someone who's living there and happy.

Ive grown up in Maynooth. 30 years now. Home owner now too. Id get out in the morning at this stage. Traffic will affect you not matter what. Houses are seriously over prices and students are ruining most estates. Investment funds will fill new houses they buy with them. Just to add the newer estates may not be student inhabited straight away but thats the way it goes. Over the course of 10-15 years that will change.

Ive grown up in Maynooth. 30 years now. Home owner now too. Id get out in the morning at this stage. Traffic will affect you not matter what. Houses are seriously over prices and students are ruining most estates. Investment funds will fill new houses they buy with them.

I see what you're saying but get out and go...where? Nowhere is perfect, most places have traffic issues or crime issues or infrastructure issues and on and on and on. And everywhere that you can commute to the city centre from is "overpriced". Maynooth has a lot going for it and as first time buyers who don't earn monster money, we're pretty excited to live there.

I see what you're saying but get out and go...where? Nowhere is perfect, most places have traffic issues or crime issues or infrastructure issues and on and on and on. And everywhere that you can commute to the city centre from is "overpriced". Maynooth has a lot going for it and as first time buyers who don't earn monster money, we're pretty excited to live there.

How much did you spend? The market is crazy in maynooth. Id have thought a decent salary was a must.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Students are being priced out of rental in most estates; so that problem is ebbing away.

L1011 wrote: »
    Students are being priced out of rental in most estates; so that problem is ebbing away.

5 of them in a 3 bed splitting it is helping them.

I know of some 3 bed where there are 7 of them sharing.

Parklands, silkenvale, moyglare abbey / hall / village, newtown hall amongst other have their fair share of them. Whereas traditionally parklands, silkenvale, moyglare hall wouldnt have had.

As regards price, we looked at a few places around North Kildare/West Dublin and were only looking at new builds in order to qualify for HTB and benefit from A rated BER. There was maybe 10k in the difference between Lucan (Adamstown) and Maynooth for new builds. Maynooth is a much nicer town with character, facilities etc... If you want a new build, I think Mariavilla is good value for money to be honest. I cant see us having many students at the prices being charged. Have prices for phase 2 been announced yet?

How much did you spend? The market is crazy in maynooth. Id have thought a decent salary was a must.

You'd want a combined salary of 100k to purchase without an exemption, unless you have a ton of savings to offset. 3 beds selling for €370-385k depending on aspect/semi/terrace and 4 beds for €480k. Needless to say, 4 beds are selling slower. 3 beds sold out rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Aelun

Sorry to bring up a old thread, girlfriend and myself are looking at phase 2 of Mariavilla.

@wheresthebeef - Just a couple of question if you don't mind...What way do the bathrooms come, are they partially tiled or just shower area etc? Is there a patch panel in the utility room where the internal cat6 cabling comes back? I presume bins are separate and need to be managed by yourself?

Thanks in advance.

Aelun wrote: »
    Sorry to bring up a old thread, girlfriend and myself are looking at phase 2 of Mariavilla.

@wheresthebeef - Just a couple of question if you don't mind...What way do the bathrooms come, are they partially tiled or just shower area etc? Is there a patch panel in the utility room where the internal cat6 cabling comes back? I presume bins are separate and need to be managed by yourself?

Thanks in advance.

The tiling is as per the show house, I'd you've seen it. So floors, showers and walls all tiled fully in en-suite and main bathroom with a nice large cream tile. Downstairs toilet floor is tiled.

Theres a blanking plate in utility, behind it are 5 unterminated Cat6 cables that go to - Dining room wall next to TV point, Living room next to TV point, Main Bedroom next to TV point, Alarm panel intended location, inside hot press. Unfortunately you have to get cables terminated yourself. Took about 30 minutes to do with an electrician. Broadband is limited to Virgin Media at the moment as Eir have not installed lines yet. However the Virgin Media product is their new Fibre to the home which is giving speeds of 450-520Mbps. Picture attached of our utility room wall.

Bins are indeed your own business. Serviced by AES and Thorntons. We went with AES because they provide a glass recycling bin which saves you making trips to bottle bank.

• Advertisement

The tiling is as per the show house, I'd you've seen it. So floors, showers and walls all tiled fully in en-suite and main bathroom with a nice large cream tile. Downstairs toilet floor is tiled.

Theres a blanking plate in utility, behind it are 5 unterminated Cat6 cables that go to - Dining room wall next to TV point, Living room next to TV point, Main Bedroom next to TV point, Alarm panel intended location, inside hot press. Unfortunately you have to get cables terminated yourself. Took about 30 minutes to do with an electrician. Broadband is limited to Virgin Media at the moment as Eir have not installed lines yet. However the Virgin Media product is their new Fibre to the home which is giving speeds of 450-520Mbps. Picture attached of our utility room wall.

Bins are indeed your own business. Serviced by AES and Thorntons. We went with AES because they provide a glass recycling bin which saves you making trips to bottle bank.

Thanks for detailed reply, really appreciated..Didn't realise you get that much tiling included, that's a decent help towards costs. How are you finding the commute to Dublin from that location?

Thanks for detailed reply, really appreciated..Didn't realise you get that much tiling included, that's a decent help towards costs. How are you finding the commute to Dublin from that location?

No bother. If you've any other questions give me a shout. To be fair the spec is top notch. Kitchens and appliances, tiling, data cabling really sold it for us as well as the clever use of every inch of space.

I dont work in Dublin thankfully. 10 minute drive to work. Most of the neighbours go by train and find it ok if you get the train that starts in Maynooth. Takes about 45 mins I think.

If you decide to purchase, theres a Facebook Group for the estate.

It depends what part of the city you are in via train. Door step to desk its around 90 minutes each way. A poxy commute.

It depends what part of the city you are in via train. Door step to desk its around 90 minutes each way. A poxy commute.

That's stephens green.

The show houses are open this Saturday.

The show houses are open this Saturday.
    Thanks for the info so far....Took the plunge and got the house we wanted! All going well, we should be getting keys around May time...How did you find the snagging, anything in particular to look out for?

Thanks for the info so far....Took the plunge and got the house we wanted! All going well, we should be getting keys around May time...How did you find the snagging, anything in particular to look out for?

Congrats! Snagging was grand. We got a professional snagger like most of our neighbours, all of them found it hard to find much for their lists. Our guy remarked it was the shortest list he'd done in a long time. Of the problems people have had since moving in, plumbing is the one recurring issue. Small leaks, one or two problems with heating. We had a leaky radiator which we discovered as our floors were going down, Cairn had a plumber over in 15 minutes so cant fault them. Anyone who has had any sort of issue has got a good response from Cairn.
    Time to start shopping for floors and furniture now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 merikahan

anyone contemplating to pull out from next phase ?

Irish times had a article saying New build price for Cairn homes could fall unto 20%. Google "Stock market moves indicate new house prices could fall up to 20%"

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thekingof60

Just wondering has anyone bought in Mariavilla and what their experience has been to date?

We are looking to buy one but would like to hear people’s experience of the houses, and whether completion timelines have been anyway accurate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Could I also ask, is there an option to convert the attic at all?

Advertisement