Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The glade, old grange wood monstarevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ali2212

Grali87 wrote: »
    I thought the same but no they are all painted. But they leave the sconces unfinished which is really odd

Thanks for replying... I'm back down there on Monday to do our snag.. which was supposed to be last week but the painter is still in there.. I'm absolutely fuming over it, I know it's only a small detail but it was never mentioned to us. We just presumed it would be the same as in the show house and on pictures so I'm definetly bringing it to their attention... also the stairs is destroyed in run marks from the paint... how is the finish on your house? Did you find any faults ?

Aaron15 wrote: »
    They painted our hand rail , but left the ball at the hand rail wooden

So strange ... and definetly wasn't said it to us.. I know it's only a small detail but I would of preferred the handrail left bare...

Also how did you find the finished result on your house aaron? Anything I should be looking out for

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Aaron15

Ali2212 wrote: »
    So strange ... and definetly wasn't said it to us.. I know it's only a small detail but I would of preferred the handrail left bare...

Also how did you find the finished result on your house aaron? Anything I should be looking out for

The house is finished to pretty good standard, few chips in paint and a small hole here or there, but our snagger didn't pick them up, cosmetic stuff, nothing major, over all I'm very happy with the finish, and if you do have a problem, Laurie is fairly quick to have it sorted for you if she can.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭line_of_fire

Can you please tell me if the painter painted your handrail on the stairs in white.. I'm fuming he painted ours.. I was under the impression the handrail was to be left wooden.

Yeah mine is painted too but ball at end not. Overall I found finish was good but I didn't go turn key so was little to finish. I had toilet issues and ended up getting manufacturer of toilet out to sort it but got sorted eventually. Laurie is good to be fair to her but any plumbing issues I would ensure are sorted before money realeased cos I found them a nightmare.

Yeah mine is painted too but ball at end not. Overall I found finish was good but I didn't go turn key so was little to finish. I had toilet issues and ended up getting manufacturer of toilet out to sort it but got sorted eventually. Laurie is good to be fair to her but any plumbing issues I would ensure are sorted before money realeased cos I found them a nightmare.

Thanks I will definetly mention this to our snagger tomorrow

• Advertisement

Has anyone invested in a water softener yet? And if so can you recommend anyone?

Any sign of broadband yet?

Anyone have any hassle with there heating? When I boost for downstairs the radiators don't heat up, but when I boost upstairs the boilers fires up and they work perfectly fine! Newborn baby in the house I don't want getting cold.

Any sign of broadband yet?

Seen KN networks on the road earlier testing lines to see if they're live, they said they aren't just yet, but they're due to go live by the end of April, which should be soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Seen KN networks on the road earlier testing lines to see if they're live, they said they aren't just yet, but they're due to go live by the end of April, which should be soon.

Just wondering if there’s been any update on the broadband? Am considering these houses but work from home a good bit and we’ll definitely need strong broadband

• Advertisement

tomister wrote: »
    Just wondering if there’s been any update on the broadband? Am considering these houses but work from home a good bit and we’ll definitely need strong broadband

No, no update yet, I gave up getting in contact with them. Maybe have a chat with the estate agent you are dealing with and tell them it's putting you off buying, they might contact the right people to get it sorted if it's affecting sales.

No, no update yet, I gave up getting in contact with them. Maybe have a chat with the estate agent you are dealing with and tell them it's putting you off buying, they might contact the right people to get it sorted if it's affecting sales.

Just checked on the eir website and they're saying that FIBER TO THE HOME is available.

Just checked on the eir website and they're saying that FIBER TO THE HOME is available.

Oh thanks for checking! That’s great news

Can someone please advise as to what they did for tv and Internet services before they eircode was given .. eircodes are missing for 13, 14, 15 , and 16. And could be another 5 months before we get ours.. and we are just ready to move in..

No company will do anything without an eircode 😪😪😪

Can someone please advise as to what they did for tv and Internet services before they eircode was given .. eircodes are missing for 13, 14, 15 , and 16. And could be another 5 months before we get ours.. and we are just ready to move in..

No company will do anything without an eircode 😪😪😪

No idea what to do there, sorry

Just to inform everyone, I've been on to EIR today, and they assured me Fibre to the home is now available to us, I'm going to place an order and see if it is in fact working, I'll keep you posted. Last time I rang eir they said it would be activated on the 15th of June. Which was Saturday, so all looking good.

Is it just me that seems to be having toilet and plumbing issues. Moved in in January and have a leak in downstairs toilet. After much investigation it appears a small hole has formed and now Everytime flushed it floods place.

This damage could only have happened as a result of a faulty toilet but now plumber is saying it is a result of it being moved etc whereas it clearly isn't due to where it is. I am at my wit's end arguing with plumber. Everything is a battle with them even when it is their sub standard work and shoddy goods installed. And then when they do bother to call there is a serious attitude. Had a leak in kitchen, under bath, a toilet that flushed constantly of it's own accord and then a pipe that wasn't finished outside and yet head plumber stated he signed off on my house himself.

I have a new house where downstairs bathroom can't be used. I think it is time to get my solicitor involved as the toilet is inferior in quality and once money is handed over plumbers etc don't seem to give a rats ass. Be very aware of any plumbing issues

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kildareian

Does anyone have Laurie's number? I've just bought a house in the Green (Phase 3) - John said they hope to have everyone moved in by Christmas but I'm worried reading all these delays from previous phases and also the HTB scheme ends this year so I'm screwed if I dont draw down by then! Hoping to get Laurie's number for answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mrsk29

kildareian wrote: »
    Does anyone have Laurie's number? I've just bought a house in the Green (Phase 3) - John said they hope to have everyone moved in by Christmas but I'm worried reading all these delays from previous phases and also the HTB scheme ends this year so I'm screwed if I dont draw down by then! Hoping to get Laurie's number for answers

I read online somewhere that Revenue will still pay out help to buy claims until March 31st that have been approved before December 31st.

We’re viewing a show house next Wednesday and hoping to put down a deposit for The Green and will be using help to buy too.

Did you go with the turnkey package? If so was there much included in this phase?

kildareian wrote: »

They can draw down the help to Buy amount once the contracts are signed and you pay the rest of the deposit. So if you’re not in until the new year the help to Buy will still apply.

Do you know if they’ve changed the floor plans on the Green? Looking online it seems they’ve removed the ground floor extension. Hoping to get in for a viewing in the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

They can draw down the help to Buy amount once the contracts are signed and you pay the rest of the deposit. So if you’re not in until the new year the help to Buy will still apply.

Do you know if they’ve changed the floor plans on the Green? Looking online it seems they’ve removed the ground floor extension. Hoping to get in for a viewing in the next few weeks.

Only the first two have the ground floor extension of kitchen with the velux window. All the rest don't. There is also no show house without the extension bad velux as far as I know so I would be skeptical as what you are going to view is not what you will be purchasing

Only the first two have the ground floor extension of kitchen with the velux window. All the rest don't. There is also no show house without the extension bad velux as far as I know so I would be skeptical as what you are going to view is not what you will be purchasing

Thanks for that! I’d rather have the extra space in the kitchen. It just seems too small when you take that extension out

Hi all,
    So I was down this week for a viewing and they still have the larger 3 bed available but it would be the Birch that I’d need to wait for.
    Quite liked the property and the estate seems nice and quiet. For those of you that have bought there how are you finding the town/village? Do you find you’re venturing out to the likes of Kildare/Newbridge a lot? Any issues with anti social behavior etc?
    Also for those that commute to Dublin by car are you finding it long?

Thanks

Hi all,
    So I was down this week for a viewing and they still have the larger 3 bed available but it would be the Birch that I’d need to wait for.
    Quite liked the property and the estate seems nice and quiet. For those of you that have bought there how are you finding the town/village? Do you find you’re venturing out to the likes of Kildare/Newbridge a lot? Any issues with anti social behavior etc?
    Also for those that commute to Dublin by car are you finding it long?

Thanks

The town is fine, decent pub (brennans) decent chippers, there's an apache, a big hardware, they've a state of the art gym here, a massive supervalue, kildare is 5 mins drive and Newbridge about 10, 2 euro on the green bus anywhere in kildare also, I tend to venture out to kildare for drinks and Newbridge for shopping, kildare is about 12 euro in a taxi home also, I've been to the heritage golf club, they've a judge Roy beans, and the grounds are lovely, as is the hotel, that's a 10 min drive from the estate, they've soccer clubs, GAA clubs, and they've r recently got permission for a blueway to go through the town, and apparently there's plans for more stuff like retail and a new whiskey distillery, I'm here a year nearly and I haven't seen or experienced any anti social behaviour, it's pretty laid back and the people are nice, there's always something going on in the town centre that the locals have put together, and everyone in the estate itself seem really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MarcoPolo87

Been down to view the houses twice in the last 5 weeks and finally made the decision we are going to go with one (Type A)........until I came across this tread and now I'm undecided 😭

Is there broadband available in all areas of the estate?

Do the council look after the estate or is that still up in the air based on previous comments??

What are people's bills like that live there currently. Mainly referring to the LPG, really disappointed over that as I assumed gas was gas 🀔

Has anyone on here bought the type a house? How do the find it, any regrets not going with type b? The extension seems huge and an awful lot more than the 5 m2 stated on the pricing sheet I was presented. The type A's I'm looking at are west facing back garden which is a major plus and also the house is fully built where as the type B's are not built and east facing back gardens.

The show house is always going to be fantastic and spacious, but almost feel they don't have a Type A showhouse on purpose.

Would love to hear as much feedback as possible people have as I continue to read all the comments on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

This estates name sounds like an air freshener

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KH1591

Hi, just curious if you still went ahead and bought in Old Grange Wood?
    Myself and my partner are hoping to buy later in the year as there are more phases being added.
    Was there a major price difference between Type A and Type B? Did you manage to sort internet?

Just curious to get some feedback, we've been to the area and its lovely but will view inside the show houses next week with John.

Any help would be great (that's if you still decided to move in :D)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Robert T

Hi, does anyone who bought have any feedback. Are you happy in the estate. Was the gas/broadband sorted eventually?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭0161allin

Robert T wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone who bought have any feedback. Are you happy in the estate. Was the gas/broadband sorted eventually?

From what I know all broadband is working now. We are in the elms and ours is great. Took a while but have it over 12 months now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jjmcjj

Is there anyone in here that is buying in oldgrange wood or know someone that is at the moment?

I have a deposit down on a house and it is taking sooooo long to get done 😅

Advertisement