Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carpenter considering Online study Const Management or engineering degree

• 09-05-2019 3:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I am 35years old and working as a carpenter since I was 17 years old, I finished my apprenticeship at 22 and moved to Australia when I was 25, where I have been working as a carpenter within the Construction industry in both residential and commercial for the past 10 years. I would like to further my career within the Construction industry to Project Management Level within the next 5 years, granted I have no experience at management level at the moment other then been Lead Hand or Supervisor over a small team of tradesmen, am I been too ambitious here or is it worth me studying online a management degree or civil engineering degree or what collage or University is best for this? I have the option to study online through an Australian or Irish institution as I am also an Australian citizen but I do plan to move back home within the next three years, and hopefully find work at management level, any advice is welcome as I am a little confused at what I should do at the moment thanks ðŸ™

Advertisement