Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Have Amazon said when they'll be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Synode wrote: »
    Have Amazon said when they'll be available?

Just said tomorrow morning. They did give a time of 9am for the first preorders and they went live at exactly 9am

Could be same time tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Any others in Ireland? I’d presume GameStop + Smyths would be the main two?

Would not go near Gamestop. They have long queues as it is.

Smyths are the only ones here.

Currys and Harvey Norman didnt take any here last week so dont think they will tomorrow either.

dan786 wrote: »
    Just said tomorrow morning. They did give a time of 9am for the first preorders and they went live at exactly 9am

Could be same time tomorrow.

Cheers. I'm sure it's been posted already (but searching in Boards is brutal), are Parcel Motel or Address Pal necessary and if so who's better at the minute. I have accounts on both

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

I thinking these perorder are for the second wave and not launch.There doing perorder in Gamestop in America and it seem these perorders are for December and not launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I'm a bit confused - looking to order from Smyths UK by Click and Collect. I have a northern address I can use (my friends). Would I put my friends name down or my own name down alongside the address ? I would need photo I.D. to collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

dan786 wrote: »
    Would not go near Gamestop. They have long queues as it is.

Smyths are the only ones here.

Currys and Harvey Norman didnt take any here last week so dont think they will tomorrow either.

Currys did take preorders in store.

Currys did take preorders in store.

Did they sell out quickly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Cheers. I'm sure it's been posted already (but searching in Boards is brutal), are Parcel Motel or Address Pal necessary and if so who's better at the minute. I have accounts on both

I’d say if you’re ordering from the UK, Parcel Motel wouldn’t be any harm. They usually get to me the fastest whenever I buy from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭spideyman92

Currently have a preorder in Smyths to collect from the store but the idea of actually collecting it in the current covid times makes me kinda nervous. Think it would be dodgy to try and get a home delivery order tomorrow and cancel the first one?

Though Smyths probably wouldn't allow me to have two preordered at the same time anyway for those few minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Did they sell out quickly ?

Stores were spotty as to which were aware of it but as the morning went on, they all seemed to cop on to it.

They were taking preorders all day but they went past their allocation at around 1pm. They took more after that but weren't guaranteed first day irrespective of whether they were telling people or not. Carrickmines for example stopped taking orders. Other stores took them after lunch still (even with no allocation).

I'm sure some of those post 1pm on the first day will get the consoles nonetheless with the new batch.

But if Currys are getting more, they'd be a good shout to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Currently have a preorder in Smyths to collect from the store but the idea of actually collecting it in the current covid times makes me kinda nervous.

You'll be grand. Wear a mask, socially distance, wash your hands after you get it...... you'll be playing in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

MrStuffins wrote: »
    You'll be grand. Wear a mask, socially distance, wash your hands after you get it...... you'll be playing in no time!

Yeah, I'd be disappointed if they didn't have some sort of distance queuing system in place, knowing how busy they should expect to be on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sidford

Nowhere has released preorders yet. Suppose Amazon at 9 is best bet before "lunch time" Smyth's launches

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd be disappointed if they didn't have some sort of distance queuing system in place, knowing how busy they should expect to be on the day.

If you are happy to not get it at midnight or first thing in the morning, Then you should be ok for distancing yourself.
    At least this was the case when I collected my PS4 on launch day in GameStop i think I went in around lunch time and I didn’t have to queue at all in and out in probably less then 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Greenfields40

Hi did anyone else get refunded the €50 deposit from gamestop for the pre-order queue? i got refunded last night but no email to say my queue position was cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ColG

Argos UK Pre orders live now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Any reason not to order on argos UK with parcel motel?

They charge straight away, that’s the only downside. Seem to have plenty available...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Seen people say on twitter that this batch (smyths) could be Christmas/January?..

Grapevine rumour mill and what not but still

Very strange that Argos UK has it up but not Irish one. Worth keeping an eye on that this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Sidford wrote: »
    Very strange that Argos UK has it up but not Irish one. Worth keeping an eye on that this morning

Irish Argos doesn't do preorders

Didn't know that cheers.

Amazon gearing up for release - sometimes it's saying there's 1 available so worth keeping an eye on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

On Amazon now. Just got one

Up on Amazon now - disc version only

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭jaybe1

Got one too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭padair

ColG wrote: »
    Up on Amazon now - disc version only

Amazon is up just nabbed one also

Yea got one as well.