Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

2nd delay in about 2 weeks. Both delayed at Crumlin D12 depot. The parcel arrives there. And just sits there.

Im not normally one to complain but Im going to keep complaining to Amazon and now im thinking of complaining directly to An Post.

The first time was frustrating as they thought they lost my parcel. Amazon suggested a refund. Then the parcel arrived. And I have to go through the bother of sending it back as I bought another item.

Now, this week again. Delays at the same depot. The parcel gets there swiftly from the UK but its now in Crumlin longer than it was travelling from the UK.

I used to think An Post service was pretty good. Now ive a different view of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,786 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

2nd delay in about 2 weeks. Both delayed at Crumlin D12 depot. The parcel arrives there. And just sits there.

In D3 Amazon orders via Post orders are coming ahead of expected timelines to me.
    Also stuff from Arnotts via An Post.

Unfortunately, looks like it's an issue with your area.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

The tracking doesn't show when it arrives at your local delivery depot. The problem is likely there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Im not normally one to complain but Im going to keep complaining to Amazon and now im thinking of complaining directly to An Post.

Believe me, you will be better doing something into the wind than complaining to An Post. They are a law onto themselves and they don't give a fiddlers about complaints or complainers. I am a complainer.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    In D3 Amazon orders via Post orders are coming ahead of expected timelines to me.
    Also stuff from Arnotts via An Post.

Unfortunately, looks like it's an issue with your area.

This was the case a few times for me (I'm just near D3). And I let them know and left positive reviews as I was delighted with the service.

But I would forfeit early deliveries if the services were just consistent and reliable.

@VG31: Ah, OK. So they go to another local sorting office again? OK, makes sense.

@WestWicklow1: It's a pain all right. I'm trying to pressure Amazon in the hope they pressure their carriers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Parkender

I have a package going on three working days just sitting in the parcel depot. Can understand a one day delay due to time of year but it’s a bit much three days. And no sign of it progressing.

Parkender wrote: »
    I have a package going on three working days just sitting in the parcel depot. Can understand a one day delay due to time of year but it’s a bit much three days. And no sign of it progressing.

I've had two late deliveries this month. Both about 4-5 days late. Ships to Ireland no-problem, then the slog hits somewhere between D12 Parcel Depot and perhaps some local depots.

I've ordered something Monday morning and it says it's due on Friday. This is Prime. It dispatched the same day I ordered which was nice. It's now left Merseyside in the AM and I expect it's probably going to be in Dublin today or latest tomorrow. Will get a text from An Post that it's been accepted in D12 Crumlin Parcel Depot and it will be Monday before I can get it.

That's my guess based on last two deliveries. 7 days for a parcel from England to Ireland in 2020, is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I got a packet delivered today that was posted 2 weeks ago from Malahide to Dublin city centre.
    Appalling service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Brianmwalker

I ordered something from America and its been in Ireland over a month without being delivered.

"Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on July 28, 2020 at 8:46 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

Is there any way to contact USPS or an post about it? Can't imagine a month is normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Enter the tracking into an post, it should be on their system by now.

Or enter it in 17track app.

If not call an post customer service on Monday and they will check it out for you. It's probably sitting in port laoise wait for a customs letter to be issued.

What's the value?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Brianmwalker

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Enter the tracking into an post, it should be on their system by now.

Or enter it in 17track app.

If not call an post customer service on Monday and they will check it out for you. It's probably sitting in port laoise wait for a customs letter to be issued.

What's the value?

Only 20 dollars, nothing on the an post system. I'll call them Monday. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

It might not have left the states. Usps updates as soon as it gets to the airport holding area for packages.

Normally that's fine, but with massive flight cancelations parcels are delayed.

Still taking 4-6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LurkerNo1

Have this update on a package from the US, tracking by USPS. Hasnt moved since the 4th, does anyone have any experience of similar situation? Thanks in advance.

Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on September 4, 2020 at 8:57 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

Meanwhile at the An Post Mail Centre...

Lu6DW.gif

If you use http://track.anpost.ie/ you will see more tracking information than the .com

There were definitely delivery delays mid-late Aug as a lot of staff took holidays. We had three different people collect over two weeks and only recognized one of them. They were also over an hour later than normal

But seems to be back to normal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LurkerNo1

LurkerNo1 wrote: »
    Have this update on a package from the US, tracking by USPS. Hasnt moved since the 4th, does anyone have any experience of similar situation? Thanks in advance.

Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on September 4, 2020 at 8:57 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination

Just to update this, there is movement on the package from the 10th finally.

Your item was processed through a facility in DUBLIN DELIVERY, IRELAND on September 10, 2020 at 10:53 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenfields46!

Hi there, I order a lot from the UK and even through March to about 2 weeks ago the longest I ever waited was 5 to 6 days, then all of a sudden I was getting deliveries in 4 days which I couldnt believe, but now its slowed again, I have a package sent from Heathrow (Royal Mail) left last Saturday and An Post have still not scanned it in, I dont understand how everything seemed to be back on track and now this big delay. An Post are saying on their on line chat that items are taking over a week from UK, I dont understand why it seems to be all delayed again!!! any ideas or help?! I'm worried my parcel is missing

Hi there, I order a lot from the UK and even through March to about 2 weeks ago the longest I ever waited was 5 to 6 days, then all of a sudden I was getting deliveries in 4 days which I couldnt believe, but now its slowed again, I have a package sent from Heathrow (Royal Mail) left last Saturday and An Post have still not scanned it in, I dont understand how everything seemed to be back on track and now this big delay. An Post are saying on their on line chat that items are taking over a week from UK, I dont understand why it seems to be all delayed again!!! any ideas or help?! I'm worried my parcel is missing

Im in the same boat, parcel sent last friday week, and still hasn't tracked on AnPosts side.

Since we're not the only people experiencing issues I'd say they're not lost but just delayed.

Thanks for that, puts my mind at ease that it’s not just my post!!! Very frustrating though every time u look up tracking and u see ‘sorry we haven’t scanned etc!!!’ Hopefully we get parcels soon ðŸ™

Thanks for that, puts my mind at ease that it’s not just my post!!! Very frustrating though every time u look up tracking and u see ‘sorry we haven’t scanned etc!!!’ Hopefully we get parcels soon ðŸ™

I just noticed on the Royal Mail tracking page for my package it says "Handed to Delivery partner" with a button underneath that says "Continute Tracking"

When i click that it brings up GLS (The irish courier) website with tracking info.

I just assumed it would have been handed to AnPost, so they're not to blame at all in my case!

• Advertisement

So post must be slow arriving from the UK?

So post must be slow arriving from the UK?

Have you tried clicking the "Continue Tracking" button on the Royal Mail track and trace page for your tracking number?
    Just to see if a different courier is handling instead of AnPost.

In my case:
    Friday 04 September
    Package Sent

Sunday 06 September
    Item leaving the UK (Heathrow)

Friday 11 September
    Item Received @ GLS Ireland

So its hard to say wether it was delayed at heathrow or on irish soil

Yes mine brings me straight to an post website! Left Heathrow on Saturday 5th!! An Post web chat did say that items were taking at least a week to arrive so fingers crossed it will arrive soon? Thanks!!

Happy Days! Just checked tracking again and An Post have received my parcel this evening! Hopefully arrives soon now! Tnks Doge

Yes mine brings me straight to an post website! Left Heathrow on Saturday 5th!! An Post web chat did say that items were taking at least a week to arrive so fingers crossed it will arrive soon? Thanks!!

"left Heathrow" means it has left custody of Royal mail, but then it goes into a wait for space and sits there until space becomes available.

An post should change to road transport between uk and Ireland for the foreseeable future. It only takes a few extra hours.

Two Amazon parcels that arrived in Dublin Parcel Hub on Sunday still not delivered. Will have to ask Amazon for a gift card again.

My Parcel was in Dublin Parcel Hub from a Sunday and didn’t arrive until Wednesday! I had another order from UK that arrived in 4 days went to Dublin Mail Centre on a Friday and had it Monday morning!!! I think Dublin Parcel Hub are really slow, 1 package from UK took 12 days the last one took 4 to get to Dublin mail centre!! So I dunno strange

There's never any delays with small items that come with the postman. It's only larger packages that come in vans. It's probably the local delivery depots that are the issue.

I don't understand how An Post were flawless (for me at least) during the lockdown but now they're very slow.

Honestly I’ve noticed anything that goes to Dublin Parcel Hub I just know it’s gonna be 2/3 days before I receive it, if it goes to Dublin 12 it’s out the next day except weekends!! PS my packages are all small size as well!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Honestly I’ve noticed anything that goes to Dublin Parcel Hub I just know it’s gonna be 2/3 days before I receive it, if it goes to Dublin 12 it’s out the next day except weekends!! PS my packages are all small size as well!!

Check your tracking codes, you may find the quicker stuff is a different prefix denoting the service they've requested. These are all Amzn packages (AY/AW):

AY

2020-05-11 18:00
    Your item was delivered

2020-05-11 13:11
    Your post is out for delivery

2020-05-11 12:58

2020-05-11 12:10
    We tried to deliver your post

2020-05-11 04:11
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery

2020-05-09 17:01
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12, Your delivery has been sorted in

2020-05-09 16:43
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12, We have your post in

AW

2020-08-10 11:41
    We delivered your post

2020-08-10 06:43

2020-08-10 03:36

2020-08-08 17:23

2020-08-08 16:54

AW

2020-08-27 11:36
    We delivered your post

2020-08-27 06:49

2020-08-27 04:45

2020-08-26 22:39

2020-08-26 22:25

AY

2020-09-08 15:46
    We delivered your post

2020-09-07 22:03

2020-09-07 14:01

2020-09-07 13:29

AW

2020-09-08 11:35
    We delivered your post

2020-09-08 04:23

2020-09-07 14:01

2020-09-07 13:54

All of mine go via Dublin 12, which is the parcel hub, so I'm not sure if you've mixed up the Dublin Mail Centre with the CourierPost lads in D12.

Advertisement