Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you been playing lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Glebee

Divinity: Original Sin 2- is it just me or is this game hard. Playing on normal difficulty and the first island area is kicking my ass...maybe im going about my tactics all wrong. looking forward to getting stuck into it all the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Picked up Conan Exiles for about a tenner. Wow so much to do :)
    I love the Conan lore and the music is epic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wasteland 3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still playing flight sim 2020. never thought id like it but i cant put it down :P
    Started using FSEconomy which makes all your flights more meaningful but will probably move onto OnAir which is subscription based but makes it feel like an MMO flight sim, skill trees etc, progression as you takes jobs to carry cargo and passengers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Was playing a good shot of Fall Guys till the hacking became a problem. Been enjoying Flight Sim and just discovered Among Us just this week. Great banter with a group of friends. :)

• Advertisement

madcabbage wrote: »
    Was playing a good shot of Fall Guys till the hacking became a problem. Been enjoying Flight Sim and just discovered Among Us just this week. Great banter with a group of friends. :)

People are hacking it? I really just don't get this ****e. One drawback of PC gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe try again. A thread on Fall Guys twitter has said there is now a Cheaters Island where all cheaters are banished to.
    https://twitter.com/FallGuysGame/status/1305486780851007489

Read about that yesterday. It's been removed. I know nothing about the game apart from that Twitter thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

Starting playing the latest league of Path of Exile there the other day. All I can say is I am grateful that there is a new league starting on the 18th. There was a glimmer of a moment where I said ah this crafting mechanism is actual good but that quickly faded as I realised the complexity of learning how to set things up to get decent gear.

The new league on the 18th is called Heist, looks like it could play like the Betrayal League just hope it is not too difficult. You enlist Rogue Exiles to help or you can party play I believe. There is also some feature being tested for the run up to PoE 2 in 2021.

Harvest league was fantastic, but yeah it did take a while and a steep learning curve to understand the mechanics.

But once done, it opened a whole new level of gear to the average player who usually couldn't reach absolute end game level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Harvest league was fantastic, but yeah it did take a while and a steep learning curve to understand the mechanics.

But once done, it opened a whole new level of gear to the average player who usually couldn't reach absolute end game level.

Besides the crafting mechanic didn't enjoy it at all. Just the way you have to set things up was annoying and stops a player in their tracks. Would be nice if it became a new crafting mechanic that was unlocked after the final act or something at least then it would be worth setting up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

I started playing Paladins. I kinda thought it was just a worse version of Overwatch but it's actually seriously good once you get to grips with a few characters. Very similar, but very different at the same time. Amazing for a free game.

Homelander wrote: »
    I started playing Paladins. I kinda thought it was just a worse version of Overwatch but it's actually seriously good once you get to grips with a few characters. Very similar, but very different at the same time. Amazing for a free game.

Its a very decent game, just not as polished as Overwatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

Glebee wrote: »
    Its a very decent game, just not as polished as Overwatch.

Yeah, it's definitely lacking the finesse of OW, but man it's a great game. Mad to think it's free, and it's not more popular.

I spent €60 on the ultimate bundle on Steam just to support it, I have only been playing it 7 days and I already have 40 hours.

Not proud to say I was playing it until 7am this morning, I was actually taken back when I stepped away from the PC and realised it was bright out.

Yeah paladins is very good, played it alot when i was more into the genre.
    Never got why it wasnt a lot more popular but then found i just went back to overwatch till i got bored with that rince repeat etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Lots of Arma 3, playing around with the editor a lot

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Started up Deus Ex again last night. Going to try and finish it thins time unlike the last 3 times I've tried.

Also playing a bit of C&C remaster. Finished the GDI campaign last night. The last few missions are rough with feck all resources to go around by the closing moments of each stage. The last GDI stage is cheeky, what with the pain in the nads nuclear launch and the fact the enemy has 2 construction yards, one squirreled away.

I remember Nod being a lot tougher because the light tanks are made of paper maiche compared to the gdi's medium tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Playing Manhunt so I could get footage for a review I'm working on. I forgot how addictive the game is. It's so simple and minimalistic in terms of stealth but it's so satisfying when I get a kill. This is the first time I've committed to using a M&KB on a game I'd normally go for a controller to play. I couldn't be bothered downloading separate software to use a gamepad so I'm forcing myself to get the hang of the mouse/kb.

It's fun, though I do keep accidentally hitting the wrong keys when trying to run away from enemies (like hitting crouch instead of sprint, or 'D' instead of 'W'. My coordination isn't that good, yet I'm perfectly fine playing RTS games lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I found Manhunt one of the worst games I'd ever played. It was so try hard edgelord and the game play was janky stealth were you held down a button longer for gorier kills that were always disappointing because of how awful the game looked. I don't get the love for the game, if it wasn't rockstar I'd say it would have been forgotten and I remember Rockstar took the UK exclusive review from the magazine because they gave it a 3/10.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I found Manhunt one of the worst games I'd ever played. It was so try hard edgelord and the game play was janky stealth were you held down a button longer for gorier kills that were always disappointing because of how awful the game looked. I don't get the love for the game, if it wasn't rockstar I'd say it would have been forgotten and I remember Rockstar took the UK exclusive review from the magazine because they gave it a 3/10.

That never crossed my mind at the age of 14.

Well I'd be interested to hear how it holds up. Just found the concept gross, the graphics really bad and there wasn't a fun game there to make up for it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭The Haven

Baldurs Gate 3 just released Early Access on Steam and GOG yesterday.
    Wowee, the official 3rd game in the legendary series. Proper licence too.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well I'd be interested to hear how it holds up. Just found the concept gross, the graphics really bad and there wasn't a fun game there to make up for it..

In all fairness: games published by Rockstar - particularly those developed by North - never looked all that good in comparison to other games of the time. GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas, Manhunt, Max Payne - all ugly looking games from a graphical standpoint. They really improved once the 7th generation came in.

I like gory games anyway. Violent video games appeal to me, also I find Manhunt just mindless fun at the surface. But it is fun trying to get a perfect run in each level.

Also, it was Play Magazine that gave it 30%. I own that particular issue - #111.

Hades and Genshin Impact both fantastic.

I'm playing an oldie in Darksiders. Has aged quite well since i played it on the PS when it came out.

I have Children Of Morta lined up for the next one.

Divinity:Original Sin 2. I think ive made the same mistake as I made with the first game. Ive started on too high a difficulty level that the game is kicking my ass no matter what I do. Cant drop difficulty midgame and im not restarting again:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Total War: Warhammer 2 is about all I play these days. It's like crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Total War: Warhammer 2 is about all I play these days. It's like crack.
    I got this and played Brittiania till I won.
    Now I'm trying Norsica, but it's painful.
    I dont really have interest in the other factions. Might try the dwarfs....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone else tried the Party Animals Demo on Steam? Having an absolute howl playing this with a group :)

Glebee wrote: »
    Divinity:Original Sin 2. I think ive made the same mistake as I made with the first game. Ive started on too high a difficulty level that the game is kicking my ass no matter what I do. Cant drop difficulty midgame and im not restarting again:(

Just found out you can change the difficultly setting when your in game and nit at the start screen. Found my sweet spot. Ive lost hours playing it the last few days.

• Advertisement

I bought a couple of Assassin Creed games (I already have almost every one of 'em on PS4 but I wanted the supposed benefits of the PC ports).

I got AC4 first, played a bit of that then I decided to grab Unity and Origins (as well as AC1 because it was like 2 quid).

I played Origins for about 20 minutes before I opted for a refund. Either it's not optimised properly or my rig struggles with it, but that doesn't make sense to me because I can run GTA V on Ultra and I can run Total War Three Kingdoms on V. High, the latter game being incredibly demanding. I tried running Origins on High and it still stuttered and chugged. My FPS was all over the place on the benchmark so I just sold it back - sh1te like that just distracts me. I still have it on PS4 if I decide to go back.

I digress. My point was I was in the mood to play some AC and I've opted for AC4. But now I'm jumping between that and Middle-Earth: Shadow of War. Both games are running very well for me.

TL;DR: Middle-Earth: Shadow of War & Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

Advertisement