Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Smart TV 4S 43" 301.90e

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

#update#
    All's Well that ends well.
    Remember me?
    Long story short, ordered the 43 from amazon originally, then got wind of the 55 from powerplanet. Went with that one. Ordered 2 by mistake. First one came, smashed to bits, second one said was stuck in UK according to gls tracking. Dozens of emails back and forth to power planet, they refunded the money for the missing TV but the broken one is sitting in my hall for the past month.
    Every time i email them they say courier will collect today!! I'm pretty sure they will refund once they actually get the TV back but god knows when that will be.
    Poor show from power planet and even more so from gls.
    Not a courier I would deal with ever again if I can help it.
    After I got the refund from powerplanet for the first TV (the one that went missing in the UK) I purchased the 43 from amazon (again)
    It arrived today and is perfect, really happy with it.
    Thanks all for the advice and support!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just got home from work to find there's a system update available on mine, I'll download and install and see what it's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

Has any one who has had the TV for a few months recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Tango One wrote: »

Same question

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Same question

I've had it for ages. if you can get over the ****ty remote and the paired back playstore ( i side load all my apps using api's) its a solid piece of kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I got the 32" in this deal. Happy enough with it. Works perfectly for IPTV, YouTube Netflix etc.Only thing I'd deduct a point for is the speakers but from a TV of this size and price you can't have it all I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Another with the 32" one here, can't fault it really bar a very tiny flaw in that the remote is Bluetooth based - meaning, if like me you're using it in a bedroom which you also have sky in you won't be able to pair the sky remote with the TV, as obviously the sky remote doesn't have Bluetooth.

Apart from that, I'm running IPTV on it using tivimate, Netflix, Disney plus etc, absolutely flawlessly.

Any app I can't get via play store I sideload using downloader etc.

Very happy with it, was definitely one of my best bargains of 2020.

I've had it for ages. if you can get over the ****ty remote and the paired back playstore ( i side load all my apps using api's) its a solid piece of kit.

I was going to order one for a older family member would the remote drive them nuts
    I read it needs to be paired over and over again. It's the only thing putting me off

Cheers

I was going to order one for a older family member would the remote drive them nuts
    I read it needs to be paired over and over again. It's the only thing putting me off

Cheers

No it doesn't, and if it ever needs to be paired its a matter of holding 2 buttons on the remote which they should you on the screen.

It only has a couple of buttons on it, my parents don't have any issues with it anyway.

DopeTech wrote: »
    No it doesn't, and if it ever needs to be paired its a matter of holding 2 buttons on the remote which they should you on the screen.

It only has a couple of buttons on it, my parents don't have any issues with it anyway.

Thanks dope I think I will order them one.

Is the satellite channels and soar view all on one EPG, or two different sources. It would be nice to have but not the end of the world if its not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

WARNING. WARNING DO NOT PURCHASE A TV FROM AMAZON .DE
    i got one but the screen was broken sent back on 16th june to company who supplies C-W MOBILE have all the tracking information from 4 different tracking ie DPP DUCHY POST . STILL WAITING FOR A REFUND THIS IS AUGUST got email last week to say it would be another 3-5 weeks before it is solved.
    You have been
    WARNED

DERICKOO wrote: »
    WARNING. WARNING DO NOT PURCHASE A TV FROM AMAZON .DE
    i got one but the screen was broken sent back on 16th june to company who supplies C-W MOBILE have all the tracking information from 4 different tracking ie DPP DUCHY POST . STILL WAITING FOR A REFUND THIS IS AUGUST got email last week to say it would be another 3-5 weeks before it is solved.
    You have been
    WARNED

Sounds like a nightmare, have you tried contacting Amazon directly to see if they can do anything to speed it up?

Sounds like a nightmare, have you tried contacting Amazon directly to see if they can do anything to speed it up?
    14 email to amazon.de

22 emails to C-W MOBILE

IT IS A NIGHTMARE

I'm 66 year old staring at a 32" 720p TV and i saved my pension for this TV as I,m cocooning have no choice.
    Sme of the girls on amazon.de were very helpful but guys and girls you have been WARNED

Ill get some emails together and upload them removing any identifying information.
    This information needs to be shared how amazon is treating there customers and I'm not a social network expert BUT growing up with the Beatles and the mini dress of-course. Forgot flared jeans.

It sucks really but need to be told and people warned
    Both company's were made aware i was cocooning.at the start of the return. I was told to return to post office. After protesting i relented and brought TV to local sorting office where the manager dealt with TV and provided me with a tracker number. I begged C-W MOBILE for a courier to pick up TV but they refused,
    the day the TV was delivered back to Bovaria i got an email late in afternoon with a DPD RETURN LABEL.

Lucky a nice girl called Jasmin. Derick as is my email's not my name its a friend who died young from diabetes complications.
    It just keeps a dear friend close to me. Every detail iv listed are in the emails iv send and received.

Last email from C-W MOBILE.
    You have received a message from the Amazon Seller - cw-mobile

Order ID:
    Count Product Name and ASIN
    1 product image Xiaomi Mi Smart TV 4S 55 Zoll (4K Ultra HD, Triple Tuner, Android TV 9.0, Fernbedienung mit Mikrofon, Amazon Prime Video und Netflix)
    ASIN:

Hello, the case is currently being clarified directly with AMAZON.

We will contact you as soon as we have a response.

Friendly greetings
    Amazon.de <cs-reply@amazon.de>

Sun, 26 Jul, 15:08 (13 days ago)

to me
    Dear Derick

thank you very much for your reply.

I am sorry that the link does not work.
    This link is indeed valid, because you are not able to confirm that the refund was not received.

The relevant department has already been informed, that you are still awaiting the refund.
    There is no further action needed from your side.

Thank you very much for your effort.

I wish you a lovely Sunday further and a great start into your new week, stay safe and healthy.

Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
    http:/
    If no, please click here:
    http:/

Warmest regards,
    Jasmin Valeri

ITS HARVEY NORMAN FOR ME AS SOON AS I GET REFUND.

DHL Returns Online
    Your Return shipment to
    cw-mobile GmbH

Dear Madame or Sir,

enclosed we are sending the return label for your return shipment to:

cw-mobile GmbH

Please print your returnlabel on a A4 paper and stick it on your parcel.
    Please remove all old labels and barcodes form used boxes.

Kind regards,

cw-mobile GmbH
    Altenstein 12
    94481 Grafenau

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 at 18:23, Brian <brian.barry@gmail.com> wrote:

This item was returned per your previous emails and has been received.
    Status From Date Receiver Name Country of Origin Delivery Record?
    Your delivery has been sorted in GERMANY 16-Jun-20
    07:39 IRELAND
    I HAVE INFORMED Amazon.
    I am waiting for a refund and am very unhappy at the way you treated me previously but then your emails show this.
    Brian Barry

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 at 11:59, cw-mobile - Amazon Payments
    DHL Returns Online
    Your Return shipment to
    cw-mobile GmbH

Dear Madame or Sir,

enclosed we are sending the return label for your return shipment to:

cw-mobile GmbH

Please print your returnlabel on a A4 paper and stick it on your parcel.
    Please remove all old labels and barcodes form used boxes.

Amazon.de <cs-reply@amazon.de>

Sun, 26 Jul, 15:08 (13 days ago)

to me
    Dear DERICK
    thank you very much for your reply.

I am sorry that the link does not work.
    This link is indeed valid, because you are not able to confirm that the refund was not received.

The relevant department has already been informed, that you are still awaiting the refund.
    There is no further action needed from your side.

Thank you very much for your effort.

I wish you a lovely Sunday further and a great start into your new week, stay safe and healthy.

Derick that's a nightmare you are having with amazon. Normally they are great. Hope you get fixed up soon.

What sort of warranty comes with this TV?

The warranty is not in question but the automatic return by Amazon.

This needs mobility, through social networks i cant do it i can only warn you guys and hope i get my money back

DERICKOO wrote: »
    The warranty is not in question but the automatic return by Amazon.

Understand Derek,

It was more a general question if I do take a risk on buying from amazon and run into a problem down the road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Derick. Have you tried a chargeback through your card privider?

• Advertisement

brightkane wrote: »
    Derick. Have you tried a chargeback through your card privider?
    YOU MEAN ask the bank to get my money back. BOI debit card in my case.

Found the last email received from Amazon.de

Amazon.de <order-update@amazon.de>

Tue, 4 Aug, 16:12 (5 days ago)

to me
    Hello,

We have received your refund request for order number #000000000000000

Due to a large number of requests being received at this time, it could take up to 2-4 weeks from the date your claim was originally submitted to investigate your case. When investigation on your claim is complete, we will send you an email with the outcome. If you have already received the result of your claim, please consider this message as irrelevant at the processing time.

To view the status of your claim, you can visit Amazon.de on a desktop browser and follow the instructions below:

1. Go to "Your Orders".
    2. Locate your order in the list and click "File/View Claim".
    3. View the status of your claim.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

(This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.)

Sincerely,

Amazon.de
    http:
    ==============================

Be warned people

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

Hooked up a wireless keyboard and mouse. Firefox for Android TV isn't bad.

20200601-185737.jpg

Was this plug & play or did you have to change any settings to get tv to recognise Kbd/mouse?

Was this plug & play or did you have to change any settings to get tv to recognise Kbd/mouse?

Plug and play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

For a 4K tv is there anything in the specs i would need to know for getting the best out of a Series X?

Advertisement